Burkes BBQ Saturday Special

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Veteran member
Default Burkes BBQ Saturday Special

Just returned from lunch at Burkes BBQ on 466a just past Colony Plaza.

Great special of a full rack of ribs with 4 sides and 2 toasts for $20.00. Excellent for 2 people to share and bring home leftovers and a great day to sit at the picnic tables outside with the ceiling fans and watch the world and bikers go by.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:26 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
Just returned from lunch at Burkes BBQ on 466a just past Colony Plaza.

Great special of a full rack of ribs with 4 sides and 2 toasts for $20.00. Excellent for 2 people to share and bring home leftovers and a great day to sit at the picnic tables outside with the ceiling fans and watch the world and bikers go by.
Got back from watching the golf tournament and saw your post. We headed over to Burkes and had the special with 2 corn on the cob, a sweet potato and the sweet potato casserole. It was delicious. Thanks for the post!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
Got back from watching the golf tournament and saw your post. We headed over to Burkes and had the special with 2 corn on the cob, a sweet potato and the sweet potato casserole. It was delicious. Thanks for the post!
Glad you enjoyed it. I do like to try and frequent Mom and Pop vs corporate type restaurants when possible. Good food, good prices and nice staff.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:48 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Glad you enjoyed it. I do like to try and frequent Mom and Pop vs corporate type restaurants when possible. Good food, good prices and nice staff.
smart
Old 04-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

Quote:
I would also bet that if things were not quite right that you would say "Hey Pop, this might be a little better if you did it this way", just trying to help him out.
Rather than going home and posting a "Mom & Pop's food is awful", on TOTV.
I am with you Jack, lets help them out.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:02 PM

My wife and I ate there - thought the food and people were very good. We sat outside and ate while there was a gentle breeze - very relaxing; certainly, we will return.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Sage

We ate lunch there one day and the food was really good. We ate on the picnic tables and enjoyed the beautiful day. Employees came over and asked if everything was good, if we needed anything et al. They gave us a business card to get a fantastic discount the next time we eat there. I was as impressed with the management and employees trying to make it a nice experience as I was with the food. That meant a lot to us.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Platinum member

Thanks for the info - sounds delicious.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.