Cafe attuare - mt dora

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Default Cafe attuare - mt dora

This is real Italian Dining...an Italian from NY has difficulty eating Italian food anywhere south of the border. Until I unwillingly accompanied a friend who insisted on Italian food and dined at Cafe Attuare in Mt Dora.
I prepared myself for another disappointment but was I ever surprised..
The owner is Paulette who comes to each table to be sure you are pleased with your food. She is adorable, personable and FUN!
Nice crusty bread (small bits of italian olives inside the bread) served with butter as well as a roasted garlic bulb to squeeze onto the bread.
Yummy'
Salad came with meal and it was fresh with large sliices of tomatoes and cukes. Their salad dressings are all home made.
I had mussels and clams fra diavalo. it had large pieces of roasted peppers,olives,hot cherry tomatoes and of all things ..slices of oranges!! this made it taste so fantastic, You could tell the spagetti was of very good quality also. She makes home made lasagna,ravioli and manicotti pasta herself.
My friend had the lasagna and was so impressed that he tipped the chef!!!
Desserts are all home made also ..Had espresso coffee and a lemon torte with rasberry swirl that was to die for..
Prices were reasonable and quality was the best. I am so impressed.
My only complaint is that they are not located in the villages. The owner told me she is trying to get a place in the villages but has constantly been turned down in favor of a different restaurant ..Example, she attempted to get Dominics but Red Sauce was put there instead. She is still trying..and I for one would love to have this restaurant in our midst.
Give them a try.. especially if you are from Brooklyn. or NYC..this is HOME !!!
Old 04-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETHPAGE BLACK View Post
This is real Italian Dining...an Italian from NY has difficulty eating Italian food anywhere south of the border. Until I unwillingly accompanied a friend who insisted on Italian food and dined at Cafe Attuare in Mt Dora.
I prepared myself for another disappointment but was I ever surprised..
The owner is Paulette who comes to each table to be sure you are pleased with your food. She is adorable, personable and FUN!
Nice crusty bread (small bits of italian olives inside the bread) served with butter as well as a roasted garlic bulb to squeeze onto the bread.
Yummy'
Salad came with meal and it was fresh with large sliices of tomatoes and cukes. Their salad dressings are all home made.
I had mussels and clams fra diavalo. it had large pieces of roasted peppers,olives,hot cherry tomatoes and of all things ..slices of oranges!! this made it taste so fantastic, You could tell the spagetti was of very good quality also. She makes home made lasagna,ravioli and manicotti pasta herself.
My friend had the lasagna and was so impressed that he tipped the chef!!!
Desserts are all home made also ..Had espresso coffee and a lemon torte with rasberry swirl that was to die for..
Prices were reasonable and quality was the best. I am so impressed.
My only complaint is that they are not located in the villages. The owner told me she is trying to get a place in the villages but has constantly been turned down in favor of a different restaurant ..Example, she attempted to get Dominics but Red Sauce was put there instead. She is still trying..and I for one would love to have this restaurant in our midst.
Give them a try.. especially if you are from Brooklyn. or NYC..this is HOME !!!
NYC..........first
Brooklyn.....Second
Staten Island and The Villages.....can't wait to get back here and try this restaurant.

Thank you Laura for the post.

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 04-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Default Cafe Attuare

I have also dined at Cafe Attuare and this is a REAL ITALIAN restaurant not the typical fast food restuarants in the villages (including Red Sauce and Olive Garden). These types foods are trucked in from some corporation..not prepared expecially for the person who orders it..\Cafe Attuara is an establishment where the owner, the chef and the servers all care about your opinion and want you to leave totally satisfied. The owner will come over to the table and request if there is anything you would like added to the menu or if you have a handed down Italian Receipe you would like to share with her.
The grated Italian cheese is done at the table and is REAL cheese not the plastic kind we see at fast food places...All products are fresh and hand picked by the owner.
I have been there a few times and it is a wonderful dining experience that most Villages are missing....We definately need this restaurant in the Villages.. Hey go try for yourself and maybe we can petition TV to get Cafe Attuare here!!!
I mean do we really need another fast food restaurant? How about QUALITY????
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.