Cap'n Bell's - Good Seafood-Great Price

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Default Cap'n Bell's - Good Seafood-Great Price

We go to this place quite often with another couple. It's on 441 right in front of the shopping center where Appliance Direct is. It always says "ACYE- flounder, catfish,etc.). (All You Can Eat)

They have seniors specials, but tonight I ordered an AYCE flounder dinner for $9.99- includes 2 sides and the best hush puppies ever. It was only a dollar more than the seniors' plate. The portions are large enough that I had a small second portion & that was plenty.

They cook everything either fried, blackened or broiled with the right amount of Old Bay seasoning, butter and white wine. I'm not a fried fish eater, but our friends love it- especially the fried catfish. They even have fried geen tomatoes!

We have never, in about 25 times of eating there, ever, had aproblem with either the service or the quality and delivery of the food.

2 caveats: 1. It is always very cold in the dining room. It's become a joke now, as we walk in and complain about the thermostat automatically.

2.) Desserts are not too good. Sara Lee Cheesecake, Sarah Lee Chocolate cake, Sarah Lee pies. You get the idea

But I'd definitely recommend it over Sam St John's. A lot more intimate, and makes me feel a bit like I'm back on Cape Cod.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Sage

Where is Appliance Direct?
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.