Carnivore friendly restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2023, 08:50 AM

Bern’s in Tampa, Mark’s Prime in Ocala and Flemmings in Orlando.
Old 11-22-2023, 09:54 AM
Default No Clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell57 View Post
If you’re coming from a state that has corn fed cows and great beef, you’ll need to lower your expectations. Florida cows graze on sandy soil grass. They don’t have the heft of northern cows, they are scrawny.
And that’s everywhere you eat in Florida, not just The Villages.
You’ll note that a lot of the comment so far are recommending rib joints.
I’ve been here 14 years. I don’t bother ordering steaks, I just wait until I’m up north.
Here’s my Dads advice. When you go in a new restaurant, order the special. That’s what they do best. Or ask the waiter for a recommendation.
You will find some restaurants you like.
You don't have a clue about FL beef and how they are raised and feed. Go spend some time on a cattle ranch and find out how wrong you are.
Old 11-22-2023, 10:11 AM
Default Too Jays

Too Jays has Liver on the menu. Ask them to hold the mashed potatoes
Old 11-22-2023, 10:17 AM
Default County Line Smokehouse

We go to County Line Smokehouse on 25 in Weirsdale for BBQ. Not fancy but the best BBQ around. Everything is made from scratch in-house. They don't even have a fryer. Brisket and ribs are excellent. Pulled pork is also great.
Old 11-22-2023, 10:26 AM

I want to try the Lion diet.
Old 11-22-2023, 10:57 AM
Default Great Steak House

Prime III in Leesburg
Old 11-22-2023, 11:21 AM

As long as they allow ketchup at the table(I'am in) still for the life of me can't see the difference between ketchup and 57 steak sauce(which is recommended). I was littery kicked out of one of the most famous steak houses(Murrays) in MN for asking for ketchup for their dried up silver butter knife special. Plus they made me wear one of their sportcoats that they provide(what a joke). I live in Panama City and have been to Rodeo's/Angelo's Steak pit and Triple JJJs. Any of those places would make you throw rocks at Murray's in Mpls MN. I also was served while wearing shorts and a muscle shirt,and they had no problem with me asking for Ketchup!

Last edited by scooterstang; 11-22-2023 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-22-2023, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGraves View Post
I couldn't find the group on nextdoor. I tried spelling Meat both ways (meet)? Idk if it's possible to share a link or any other info that would help.
Nextdoor
Old 11-22-2023, 12:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
When I ate there, the meal was extraordinary, but it was also $750 for two. (Granted, the four teaspoons of caviar was almost $200 of that.)

Note to self: set aside a small lottery win to eat at Berns in Tampa!
Old 11-22-2023, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chipster View Post
For all of you carnivores, here are some fancy restaurant specials to try:

* The All-You-Can-Eat Cardiac Arrest
* The EMT Bone-In Special
* Coronary Clogger Delight
* The Elevated Blood-Pressure Plate
* special desert: Statin Enhanced Ice Cream Pie

(sorry, this was all done in good humor (sort of). BTW, any idea why we evolved with flat teeth instead of canine teeth?
Actually, we’re omnivores. And we do have canines.
Old 11-22-2023, 01:38 PM
Default Meat!

Anyone interested in Berns, Fleming’s, Morton’s? Just contact me. Love steakhouses.
And Charlie’s. Berns Tampa.
Rest Orlando. Anytime happy to join a group..,
Old 11-22-2023, 02:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chipster View Post
For all of you carnivores, here are some fancy restaurant specials to try:

* The All-You-Can-Eat Cardiac Arrest
* The EMT Bone-In Special
* Coronary Clogger Delight
* The Elevated Blood-Pressure Plate
* special desert: Statin Enhanced Ice Cream Pie

(sorry, this was all done in good humor (sort of). BTW, any idea why we evolved with flat teeth instead of canine teeth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele201 View Post
I didn’t know the “carnivore diet” was a thing, so I googled it and it is indeed! I am familiar with the Atkins diet, which has an emphasis on meat. Thing to watch out for is high saturated fat and cholesterol, but everyone knows that. Diet also includes chicken, so that can round out the red meat.

I personally enjoy meat. Anyway, there are some very good recommendations on where to eat here. Enjoy your stay!
Post like these really just ignoring all the new research showing that carnivore/keto diets are the best diets for us. Now there is a lot of controversy on being all carnivore. It does NOT make your blood more acidic. That's crazy. But there can be mineral deficiencies and some other things people may concerned about. Cholesterol, heart disease, blood pressure, are not an issue on the Carnivore diet. Not at all.

Carnivore diet has some great benefits to people with auto-immune diseases. Otherwise most people do just fine on a keto diet.

What you all should know by now, the problems with our health and obesity started when the food pyramid started pushing sugars and carb loaded foods like breads and pastas.

FWIW, 2 years ago my doctor wanted to prescribe me (52 years old then) blood pressure meds, diabetes meds, and cholesterol meds. In 4 weeks on Keto and intermittent fasting I dropped over 15 lbs and all my blood tests came into normal range. Since then I'm down 30 lbs and my blood tests/blood pressure are awesome.

This is the same story for almost everyone on these diets. They are easy to maintain also, once the sugar/carb addiction is gone. But it is easy to fall back into carb eating if you start cheating a bit.

Now for the OP, any restaurant can be Carnivore if you just order and ask questions. Regarding seed oils, I don't worry too much if they cook a steak in seed oils. A meal here and there isn't going to cause too much inflammation.

Here are some tips for ordering...

Obviously a steak or burger with no bun, with bacon. Ask for a fried egg on top.
Order a chef salad without any veg, just the meat, bacon, cheese, egg or whatever. Makes a great side to a steak.
Same with a loaded baked potato. Ask for no potato, just cheese, sour cream, bacon. They usually put it in a small bowl and give a good amount.

Unless it's a vegetarian place you can usually pull off carnivore with some creative ordering and don't be afraid to ask for suggestions from the waitstaff. They are getting more familiar with people like us.
Old 11-22-2023, 02:07 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default “Where’s the beef?”

I thought our OP was just looking for a good steakhouse and then I read the rest of the posts about the Carnivore Diet and the Lion Diet. I had never heard of either.

Did Scarsdale beget Atkins beget South Beach beget Paleo beget Keto beget Carnivore beget Lion? ………. At some point, I guess very high protein diets might eventually all turn into The Halitosis & Kill for an Orange Diet.

Not judging. Just wondering. So? Just hunters? No gatherers needed?

I have also learned that I better stop asking people I invite to dinner if they are carnivores before I plan the menu because now if they say yes, that could mean nothing but meat.

I understand being careful about carbs (some) and sugar, but total meat, I could not do. Sometimes I learn new stuff on TOTV and this is one of those times.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 11-22-2023 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-22-2023, 02:15 PM
Veteran member

^^^^^

The take home message from all of them, carnivore, keto, atkins, south beach, is that carbs are much worse for us, especially processed foods.

Pizza, pasta, fast food, sugar etc all lead to metabolic disease (insulin resistance) and that leads to weight issues, diabetes, heart disease.

The reason keto/carnivore succeeds is it removes the carb cravings and is incredibly satiating. I eat one meal a day. I'm not hungry, ever. If I continue eating carbs I have cravings for food all day long. Anyhow, just for some background on why this stuff is so popular now.
Old 11-22-2023, 03:29 PM
Gold member

Humans naturally metabolize saturated fat and protein...Unsaturated fats and carbohydrates are literally poison and cholesterol is vital for human health. Ya, man! We have been lied to about diet for more than 40 years as pointed out by Drs Atkins and Eades.

Meat is food - Plants are drugs, medicine and pesticides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIRurLnQ8oo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kGnfXXIKZM

Plant oils cause insulin resistance at the cellular level. Mitochondria health is vital for ATP.
Closed Thread

Tags
carnivore, months, places, dinner, eat

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.