Carnivore friendly restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2023, 03:37 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStCatherine View Post
I want to try the Lion diet.
Eat just beef and shrimp for 30 days (and water)...Your pants won't fit anymore and your mind will be clearer and those nagging carbohydrate cravings will go away . You can drink black coffee if you must

Last edited by MorTech; 11-22-2023 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-22-2023, 03:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
Orlando Dr Phillips area an hour away. Multiple premium steakhouses on Sand Lake road. Eddie V, capital grille, Ruth Chris, etc.

Berns is supreme in Tampa.

Premium Steaks in Tampa | Largest Wine Collection | Bern's Steak House
Nice! Thanks. Someone else recommended Bern's to me.
Old 11-22-2023, 04:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,729 Times in 1,554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
Post like these really just ignoring all the new research showing that carnivore/keto diets are the best diets for us. Now there is a lot of controversy on being all carnivore. It does NOT make your blood more acidic. That's crazy. But there can be mineral deficiencies and some other things people may concerned about. Cholesterol, heart disease, blood pressure, are not an issue on the Carnivore diet. Not at all.

Carnivore diet has some great benefits to people with auto-immune diseases. Otherwise most people do just fine on a keto diet.

What you all should know by now, the problems with our health and obesity started when the food pyramid started pushing sugars and carb loaded foods like breads and pastas.

FWIW, 2 years ago my doctor wanted to prescribe me (52 years old then) blood pressure meds, diabetes meds, and cholesterol meds. In 4 weeks on Keto and intermittent fasting I dropped over 15 lbs and all my blood tests came into normal range. Since then I'm down 30 lbs and my blood tests/blood pressure are awesome.

This is the same story for almost everyone on these diets. They are easy to maintain also, once the sugar/carb addiction is gone. But it is easy to fall back into carb eating if you start cheating a bit.

Now for the OP, any restaurant can be Carnivore if you just order and ask questions. Regarding seed oils, I don't worry too much if they cook a steak in seed oils. A meal here and there isn't going to cause too much inflammation.

Here are some tips for ordering...

Obviously a steak or burger with no bun, with bacon. Ask for a fried egg on top.
Order a chef salad without any veg, just the meat, bacon, cheese, egg or whatever. Makes a great side to a steak.
Same with a loaded baked potato. Ask for no potato, just cheese, sour cream, bacon. They usually put it in a small bowl and give a good amount.

Unless it's a vegetarian place you can usually pull off carnivore with some creative ordering and don't be afraid to ask for suggestions from the waitstaff. They are getting more familiar with people like us.
If God didn't want people to eat animals, he wouldn't have made 'em out of MEAT!
Old 11-22-2023, 08:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
If God didn't want people to eat animals, he wouldn't have made 'em out of MEAT!
Absolutely! There's a reason vegans keep trying to make their food taste like meat.
Old 11-23-2023, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCanada View Post
Great info on this site .. thanks to all who share !

Coming for three months to test lifestyle but we only eat carnivore

Any dinner places to try ?

Thanks all
Ipanema brazilian restaurant in Ocala. 14 different cuts and kinds of meat brought to your table for you to try or turn down.
Old 11-23-2023, 08:35 AM
Platinum member

Quote:

Thanks all
Whispering Oaks winery on Friday and Saturday nights. For a real special night, drive 80 miles to Berns Steak House in Tampa. Need reservations for Berns months in advance. On Monday nights World of Beer has a hamburger special for $5. Some country clubs have a hamburger BOGO(Glenview on Wednesday nights)
Old 11-23-2023, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele201 View Post
I didn’t know the “carnivore diet” was a thing, so I googled it and it is indeed! I am familiar with the Atkins diet, which has an emphasis on meat. Thing to watch out for is high saturated fat and cholesterol, but everyone knows that. Diet also includes chicken, so that can round out the red meat.

I personally enjoy meat. Anyway, there are some very good recommendations on where to eat here. Enjoy your stay!
Wouldn't gout be a problem?
Old 11-23-2023, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KjLjGooding View Post
thank you. I sent the request to join.
Old 11-23-2023, 09:22 AM
Veteran member

Just about any diet can cherry pick bio markers that may improve after starting it. But that is not a valid scientific method to determine its true impact on health. Neither are anecdotal claims.

Several have mentioned that plants are bad for humans. This is the probably the most ridiculous idea ever posted on TOV. And anyone who believes that is placing their prejudices above overwhelming rational and science based evidence. Our bodies need fiber and animal protein has none. Only plants have it. And most of the vitamins and minerals you receive from eating meat is because the animals get them from eating plants or from being exposed to water and soil like our ancestors were when they gathered food in the wild. There only a few possible medical reasons to avoid some plants such as the rare case of epilepsy.
Diet and nutrition | Epilepsy Society

There is a site, pubmed.gov, which posts most of the medical literature and studies from established and credentialed organizations. Any medical or diet recommendations should should be accompanied with multiple citations from this site or other renowned medical organizations. One advantage of meatless diets not often discussed is the it takes 20 times more water to produce a calorie of protein from meat than it does a plant. Calculating water footprints of animal, plant proteins

And what about heart disease? There is only one program for heart disease reversal that is reimbursed by Medicare. Ornish Lifestyle Medicine The key part of it is a plant based diet. Also the Cleveland Clinic which is considered the #1 hospital for heart disease also has a program to reverse the disease for those who are not candidates for surgery. The Esselstyn Heart Disease Program | Cleveland Clinic Both programs have many years of data to validate them. Is there a carnivore program for reversing heart disease that has decades of data to validate it? Please share.

And if you have Type 2 diabetes? A balanced whole food, plant based diet in most cases reverses that. A plant-based diet for the prevention and treatment of type 2 diabetes - PMC. The Best Diet for Preventing and Managing Diabetes

Kidney disease too.
Conclusions: Higher adherence to healthy plant-based diets and a vegetarian diet was associated with favorable kidney disease outcomes.https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31023928/

The bottom line is that our ancestors primarily ate plants because that was available which is why we don't have the type of teeth and intestines to eat raw meat.

If you want to return to your ancestral diet, the one our ancestors ate when most of the features of our guts were evolving, you might reasonably eat what our ancestors spent the most time eating during the largest periods of the evolution of our guts, fruits, nuts, and vegetables—especially fungus-covered tropical leaves.
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...l-vegetarians/

To be fair, there are credible studies out there that suggest that the Mediterranean or similar diets also have beneficial health benefits. But all of the blue zones receive most of their protein from plants.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	teeth.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	101320   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	main-qimg-e284a4dc497d4558aa1742e6533a6790.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	101321  

Last edited by ithos; 11-23-2023 at 11:44 AM. Reason: add links
Old 11-23-2023, 12:01 PM

I hope we get a thread for Carnivore believers. Then maybe the negatives will stay away. This one was started by a person looking for a restaurant, and see where it went.
Old 11-23-2023, 12:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioshooter View Post
I hope we get a thread for Carnivore believers. Then maybe the negatives will stay away. This one was started by a person looking for a restaurant, and see where it went.
You nailed it. You are believers. Kind of like a religion because you don't have credible science to back it up.

I wasn't going to post anything until I read some of the messages which were outrageous.

Plants will kill you, man.
Unsaturated fats and carbohydrates are literally poison
Meat is food - Plants are drugs, medicine and pesticides

If people are going to post demonstrably false statements that can persuade others to follow their terrible advice, then don't be surprised to see messages that shine the light of truth on the topic using scientific and fact based evidence.
Old 11-23-2023, 12:49 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,318 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
Orlando Dr Phillips area an hour away. Multiple premium steakhouses on Sand Lake road. Eddie V, capital grille, Ruth Chris, etc.

Berns is supreme in Tampa.

Premium Steaks in Tampa | Largest Wine Collection | Bern's Steak House
Just read where Darden restaurant chain has bought Ruth Chris. Perhaps we will get one in The Villages.
Old 11-23-2023, 01:35 PM
Default Carnivore

There’s a Brazilian Steak house in Ocala call Ipanema. Excellent!
We’ve gone a couple times. Nice atmosphere and great food!
Old 11-23-2023, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post
You nailed it. You are believers. Kind of like a religion because you don't have credible science to back it up.

I wasn't going to post anything until I read some of the messages which were outrageous.

Plants will kill you, man.
Unsaturated fats and carbohydrates are literally poison
Meat is food - Plants are drugs, medicine and pesticides

If people are going to post demonstrably false statements that can persuade others to follow their terrible advice, then don't be surprised to see messages that shine the light of truth on the topic using scientific and fact based evidence.
Have a nice day.
Old 11-23-2023, 02:49 PM

Quote:

Thanks all
Brazilian Steak House is excellent for carnivores
Closed Thread

Tags
carnivore, months, places, dinner, eat

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.