Carrabba's Horror Story

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

We frequently order take-out from Carrabbas and have never had any problems with their dilicious food.

A big plus in ordering take-out is, no waiting for seating, and the take-out order is brought to your car for pickup. How's that for service?????

Order a snack and/or dinner and pick it up while wearing your PJ's.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 06-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb1191 View Post
.......Order a snack and/or dinner and pick it up while wearing your PJ's.
Hey Barb...........thanks for the visual!!

Bill
Old 06-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Hey Barb...........thanks for the visual!!

Bill
Hey Bill......You're very welcome. Knock yourself out with your version of the visual. Reality is no Playboy bunny; more like the caricature Maxine.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 06-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Veteran member

I am sorry that your Father's Day dinner was a bad experience. I know I have had some bad experiences at different restaurants not only in The Villages but elsewhere. It happens, but I think Managers must step up and turn a Negative into a Positive.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Hey Bill......You're very welcome. Knock yourself out with your version of the visual. Reality is no Playboy bunny; more like the caricature Maxine.
That is so cool. I know that Maxine is quite the diva when it comes to her PJ's.
Attached Images
maxine-jpg 

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Thanks for snapping me back to reality, Barb!! Ha-ha!

Bill
Old 06-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Veteran member

Oh come on now - this just had to be the posting of someone who was trying to stir up the pot.

No one at all would send back a chicken breast if a skewer was left in on the serving plate - and the waiter immediately took it. The chicken had a hole in it from where it had been skewered? What are they supposed to do - fill it up with spackle?

You had to wait an extra few minutes because you stepped aside in line? So what? Oh, yeah, if you had not been forced into the extra wait, the skewered chicken would have been served to someone else!

The waiter kept 6 cents. How long do YOU work to earn 6 cents? Even at minimum wage, that is about 30 seconds. Oh, that is going to break you.

This totally ridiculous post has to be bogus and just trying to stir the pot. No person is as petty as what the poster tried to be. Good joke on his part.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Oh come on now - this just had to be the posting of someone who was trying to stir up the pot.

No one at all would send back a chicken breast if a skewer was left in on the serving plate - and the waiter immediately took it. The chicken had a hole in it from where it had been skewered? What are they supposed to do - fill it up with spackle?

You had to wait an extra few minutes because you stepped aside in line? So what? Oh, yeah, if you had not been forced into the extra wait, the skewered chicken would have been served to someone else!

The waiter kept 6 cents. How long do YOU work to earn 6 cents? Even at minimum wage, that is about 30 seconds. Oh, that is going to break you.

This totally ridiculous post has to be bogus and just trying to stir the pot. No person is as petty as what the poster tried to be. Good joke on his part.
Tbugs, I agree when this happens to us I just mumble to myself s.o.b and leave because, it is not worth the time or blood pressure to even write about .06 cents how petty can one be?
Wanabee future TVer
Old 06-23-2011, 12:15 PM

IMO, even an excellent restaurant is NOT at their best on special days like Mothers/Fathers Day or Valentine's day. For that reason, I avoid restaurants on those special days because I know they are going to be packed.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 06-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:

Careful what you say about the $.06 or you will get this from Midge;;;
Bogie Shooter: Just to be sure......it was $.06, right?

That's what he said, and any Village employee should understand the real point being made ..... without the sarcasm.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:

Thank you !!! I thought I was the only one who thought this post was ridiculous !!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by adenicol View Post
Yes, it was six cents..... I realize it was probably just an oversight on his part and I don't blame him....
We did send a letter to corporate......We haven't heard back from them yet but it has only been one day.
It's amazing and embarrassing to see how fast some will jump at a chance to destroy a working person's employment that keeps him off the public dole--and paying into our social security, medicare, and national debt--even when you "realize it was probably just an oversight on his part".

It's possible that this server's boss has read this thread, and and if he's vindictive, the server could lose his job. If it was "probably just an oversight" on the server's part, then I would have spoken to the server directly and given him a chance to correct the change without putting his job and performance reviews at risk.

It's also hard to empathize with a person who says in another post that he does business in TV, who jumps to damage the reputation of a business (on the worldwide web, no less) when the complainant did not give the company even one day to respond to an online complaint.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Default Franchise vs. Mom and Pop

All the great places to eat in The Villages and people still flock to franchises from back home. There are several places to eat near The Villages without going to a franchise. So many great places to eat....and watch the paper for coupons. Someone is paying for all those television ads for Carabbas....and it must be their customers.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcammel View Post
All the great places to eat in The Villages and people still flock to franchises from back home. There are several places to eat near The Villages without going to a franchise. So many great places to eat....and watch the paper for coupons. Someone is paying for all those television ads for Carabbas....and it must be their customers.
A nice list of these places from you would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Sage

Another thing in the original story I found weird was:

if you were going to not stiff the server then why did you not just give him the $50 and say keep the change? It would only be an 11% tip. Why did you want any change if you were going to tip anyway? The 11% would have sent a message if that's what you wanted.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.