Cattle Baron Club

Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Sage

I hear what you are saying about the sneeze guard. But obviously you all know that there are many hands, noses, colds, etc. that come in contact with all the preparation for the salad bar items before they are brought out and put under the sneeze guard. Yes preparers are more aware of their actions than customers can be but there are no guarantees when you eat out!

I find the Cattle Baron soup/salad/bread bar somewhere between acceptable and poor.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:29 AM

Guess I don't have to worry about trying the Cattle Baron...on to the next place on my list.

Brooklyn, NY
Margate, FL
Gillette, WY
Cape Cod (Brewster), MA
Coral Springs, FL
Pittsburgh, PA
Boynton Beach, FL
Pennecamp 10/29/10
Old 12-28-2010, 10:31 AM

Was there on Christmas Day and the salad bar has changed and the guard is up!!
Old 12-28-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
I hear what you are saying about the sneeze guard. But obviously you all know that there are many hands, noses, colds, etc. that come in contact with all the preparation for the salad bar items before they are brought out and put under the sneeze guard. Yes preparers are more aware of their actions than customers can be but there are no guarantees when you eat out!

I find the Cattle Baron soup/salad/bread bar somewhere between acceptable and poor.
Where does Fl State Law fit in this opinion?
Old 12-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoerauf View Post
Where does Fl State Law fit in this opinion?
Not sure. I just noticed a previous post that says a sneeze guard is up so I'm betting that's where the law fits in.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Sage

I don't ever remember seeing a sneeze guard on the Cattle Baron salad bar, being in there at least once a year in the past ten years or so.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-29-2010, 07:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebanj View Post
Was there on Christmas Day and the salad bar has changed and the guard is up!!
Chuck - this is the post I was referring to. Maybe they just put it up?
Old 09-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Default Cattle Baron's

Last evening, our group of over 40 persons went to the Cattle Baron for dinner. Now...the Cattle Baron is supposed to be an exclusive "For residents Only" restaurant. Wouldn't you think that they would take a little pride in the way the place looks? Upon looking up at the ceiling...the ceiling tiles are supposed to be white and are now coated in so much dust..it is black and hanging over every single vent in the place! It is disgusting! At one spot there was so much dust hanging..it was swaying in the air conditioning and about to fall into someone's dinner. My husband told the waitress who said she would pass it on to the manager. It's really a shame because the food isn't bad and the new $9.99 meals are truly a bargain but the dust really turned us off. If the dining area looks like that.... what in the world does the kitchen look like? It's time for a clean up!!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I have to stop reading post like this. I am down to going out for a meal once or twice a year and now feel that is too much
Old 09-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Sage

Don't look up!

On the bright side - the sneeze guards are installed.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookirgirl View Post
Last evening, our group of over 40 persons went to the Cattle Baron for dinner. Now...the Cattle Baron is supposed to be an exclusive "For residents Only" restaurant. Wouldn't you think that they would take a little pride in the way the place looks? Upon looking up at the ceiling...the ceiling tiles are supposed to be white and are now coated in so much dust..it is black and hanging over every single vent in the place! It is disgusting! At one spot there was so much dust hanging..it was swaying in the air conditioning and about to fall into someone's dinner. My husband told the waitress who said she would pass it on to the manager. It's really a shame because the food isn't bad and the new $9.99 meals are truly a bargain but the dust really turned us off. If the dining area looks like that.... what in the world does the kitchen look like? It's time for a clean up!!!!
Having strong enough feelings about this issue to post on TOTV...... Why didn't you ask to speak directly with the manager, asking a waitress to pass along this information is no guarantee that the manager will ever know.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:56 PM

My husband did speak to the waitress (a very sweet girl) who said she would tell the manager and see if she had time to speak with us. I guess she was too busy but she said to tell us there is a cleaning crew! My husband suggested they look up and vacuum the ceiling tiles.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Sage

I would not take anyone at all to Cattle Baron Club. The place is disgusting. The food is oversalted, the service is surly, the manager is obnoxious.

Take my advice and go to a good place instead. The best place for my money is Ruby Thai at Lake Sumter Landing. Order the talapia ruby thai (medium heat) and you will be well pleased.

Once again, stay far,far away from Cattle Baron Club.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Picky, picky, picky

The Cattle Baron's club is my favorite restaurant on a short list.......
Old 09-07-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookirgirl View Post
How many of the 40 walked out? That's what I would have done. I refuse to dine in a sub-standand joint!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.