Question about Stumpknockers

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Default Question about Stumpknockers

We are Ptimers in TV and I have a question about Stumpknockers...Is it really worth the drive? I have 9 days in TV this month and am wondering, should we make the reservations and go, or is is just talk?? Also, Should we go to the Lake location or the other? We love TV when we are there and getting everywhere we want in the golf cart, so just wondering if it is worth the drive..Let me say I do love fresh fish..So what do you guys say??? Also, should we make reservations if it is for a Wed or Thurs nite? Thanks everyone for any info....
Old 04-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Default Stumpknockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlou View Post
We are Ptimers in TV and I have a question about Stumpknockers...Is it really worth the drive? I have 9 days in TV this month and am wondering, should we make the reservations and go, or is is just talk?? Also, Should we go to the Lake location or the other? We love TV when we are there and getting everywhere we want in the golf cart, so just wondering if it is worth the drive..Let me say I do love fresh fish..So what do you guys say??? Also, should we make reservations if it is for a Wed or Thurs nite? Thanks everyone for any info....
We think it is! We prefer the one west of Ocala on Hwy 200. It is right on the river. The building definitely isn't the selling point, but the fish is great. They do take phone reservations. Book a paddleboat ride on the river and make a day of it. http://stumpknockers.net/
Old 04-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Platinum member

wlou... make that reservation... you won't regret it. I agree with mitchbr47... go to the one on Rt. 200 just pass The Preserve Golf Course. They have the best catfish in Florida and their prime rib is to die for. Be sure to make reservations, it can get busy. I have their number on my speed dial... sometimes we go to the Preserve to play a round of golf, call Stumpknockers on the 17th hole and reserve a table. They are only about a mile or two west of the course. Enjoy!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Platinum member

I went first shortly after I moved to TV. My nearby brother asked me to use my 7-passenger vehicle to take verybody - his treat. I had no idea how far way it was, but it was well worth it. Have gone many times since, almost always with 8-10 people (we use more than my car, now!), and have a real ball!

Do call ahead any night, because I don't think there are many options nearby if they tell you the wait will be longer than you want!

SWR
Old 04-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Smile we ate at Stumpknockers last week

2nd time there and you go for the food and the uniqueness of this place on the river...nice setting. I think next time we go we will try and eat outside for the view. the rest. inside can get a bit noisey. seems to always be busy so call ahead if you can.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:28 AM

Thanks Friends, we are going to make our rservations!
Old 04-25-2009, 08:03 AM
Thumbs up

Ate there last week for the first time. The one on the river. Best catfish I ever had. Can't wait to go back.

Jerry M
(CM) Boston, Ma.
(JM)(CM)Boca Raton, FL.
(CM/JM)TV-Largo(CM/JM)
Old 07-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire
Default directions Stumpknockers

We live off of 466A, how do you drive to get there?
Old 07-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Veteran member

Get on 75 north out of Wildwood
Exit at 484 go west to 200
Take 200 to the restaurant.
Carefull, it sneaks up on you
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 07-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

turn left (South) on 200.
Go here for map. Directions from Lady Lake.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Lady...:::::f:EN:M:/e
Old 07-22-2009, 01:51 PM

Great catfish...best I've ever had, great service too. Well worth the trip.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Talking

just stay on 484 west it intersects 200 about 3mi north on Stumpnockers...about 15 minutes quicker than all the way up 75 to Ocala and back.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.