Chinese buffet recommendation wanted

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Chinese buffet recommendation wanted

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good chinese buffet???
Old 02-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Veteran member

Our favorite is Beijing Garden on Highway 441 near Publix and Belks. Unless we've overlooked it somehow, the Chinese buffets in the local area are not the large, grand buffets like are seen in the bigger metro areas; but Beijing Garden, of the ones we have tried locally, has consistently good food and good service, and after 4 PM has added dinner entrees, which include snow crab legs (at least on weekends - used to be every day, but we have noticed a few times in the past few months that on weekdays the crab legs were not being served; so maybe call ahead and ask).

A plus is that it has an ice cream case with multiple flavors for scooping (ie, tubs, like in an ice cream store) unlike many buffets where only soft-serve vanilla/chocolate is offered.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

we enjoy the chinese buffet in southern trace [sorry to have forgotten the name] - food is consistently good/tasty - snow crab on dinner buffet daily - nice salad bar - hard pack ice cream - and coupons in the daily sun...downside - baked good desserts!

when out and about in the car we like the 'grand buffet' style hibachi bufffet - it offers a 'grand' variety of dishes above and beyond the buffets of the villages. in addition to the buffet it has a good variety of foods that the cook will saute for you in a jiffy. this restaurant is located in the shoppong center just south of the leesburg wal-mart on 441/27 south.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:55 PM
Default closed

My wife and I used to go the the "International" Buffet south of the Leesburg Wal-Mart also and then about a year ago they went out of business. Went back a few times while driving through Leesburg and they were still out of business. Have they opened up again or is it a new place?

Jerry Jackson

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 02-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Chinese

Thanks folks for the recommendations
Old 02-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

[QUOTE=SABRMnLgs;334089]My wife and I used to go the the "International" Buffet south of the Leesburg Wal-Mart also and then about a year ago they went out of business. Went back a few times while driving through Leesburg and they were still out of business. Have they opened up again or is it a new place?

i can't tell you if it is old or new owners - just that the restaurant is open again and the name is hibachi buffet and in the same place as the international buffet - snow crab on weekends only! enjoy!

Old 03-05-2011, 07:49 PM

International Buffet south of the Leesburg Wal-Mart is by far the best. all the others, not so good. Just my opinion.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inda50 View Post
International Buffet south of the Leesburg Wal-Mart is by far the best. all the others, not so good. Just my opinion.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.