Chinese Buffet Restaurants

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Sage
Default Chinese Buffet Restaurants

I'll admit...I like them. I was spoiled by a very good one where I used to live.

Are there any good ones in TV? Or even nearby?
Old 07-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Sage

I only know of one Chinese buffet restaurant in The Villages and that is in the Southern Trace plaza on Wedgewood Lane.

I have been to it one time only for lunch. It was edible but certainly not what I would call "good" by any means.

There were suspicions on this forum a few months ago that restaurant was closed for a couple of days by the Health Dept for unsanitary conditions. I have no reason to believe it was true or not.

I was not impressed enough by the food to consider returning again.

There are a couple of Chinese carry-outs but not buffets. Panda Express by Home Depot on 441 and a Chinese carry-out at Mulberry Plaza. Both very standard Chinese carry-out food.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Eternal Member

We always go to the one at Southern Trace on 466. The food is pretty good. I like to go for dinner for the crab legs. Their wonton soup is really good. They have a good variety.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:24 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I happen to agree with Bonny on this restaurant and I know she goes there because I saw her once. The problem is the Health Dept did close them down. It was a turn off for me. On the other hand my brother took the opposite position stating that they fixed their problems.

I love Chinese food so he shut down caused me anguish
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.