Christmas morning brunch

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

roflao, Sands. Typing is about the only thing I can do that doesn't hurt. Seems like I can place my hands in perfect position for that.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Default Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Quite simply, I tripped, landed on one arm and pushed the radius into the humerus (and, no, I wasn't laughing), broke the radius cap. Would be nice if they could splint it or cast it, but no such luck -- don't use it (HA!) and wear a sling. Stupid thing hurts like the dickens.
Jim broke his wrist back in July and still complains of pain (even more now that it is getting cold here)! Hope you are on the mend soon.

N. Reading, MA; Hampstead, NH; last stop SummerChase Cottages,TV!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Platinum member

May not be the greatest places in The Villages to eat, but there's always IHOP and Denny's. Might not be a Country Club atmosphere, but you won't starve.

I worked in the RR industry and it wasn't until very recently that they shut down for some holidays. Used to be 24/7/365. My wife is a nurse and also had to work holidays.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 12-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Veteran member

We enjoyed a bountiful and delicious buffet brunch last Christmas at the Lakeside Inn in Mt. Dora. It's fixed price, $34.95, and reservations required, 800-556-5016.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Veteran member

Check with The Waterfront Inn here if you don't want to drive. Most stand alone resturants will be closed but most Hotel resturants will be open.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Gold member

I think I saw in the Daily Sun that Orange Blossom Hills has one ....or was it Hacienda Hills?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Sage

If you find absolutely nothing open wherever you're located, you can always head for a Waffle House!! 24/7/365

Bill
Old 12-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Platinum member

I absolutely agree that everyone should have the option of being with their families on Christmas Day, perhaps the holiest of days, but I'll have 10 people to feed here in a rental kitchen that I am very unfamiliar with. It will cost a fortune to go out and buy every little thing to put a real meal on the table so if there are any good restaurants or country clubs that MUST be open, I'm up for it. Please post if you know of any good places taking reservations. Thanks
Old 12-03-2010, 07:19 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
If you find absolutely nothing open wherever you're located, you can always head for a Waffle House!! 24/7/365

Bill
Some of the best Grease around!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats View Post
I suspect Sandy and I will be hitting one of their restaurants at some point on Christmas Day - we'll be on the road the entire day!

Bill
Old 12-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
nkrifats, like grease? If you ever drive through ATL on the way to TV, stop at The Varsity. It's supposed to be the country's first fast-food restaurant-- opened in 1928. It gives Waffle House a run for it's money on grease. Seriously, the best onion rings ever.

Sorry, hijack over and out.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:36 PM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
nkrifats, like grease? If you ever drive through ATL on the way to TV, stop at The Varsity. It's supposed to be the country's first fast-food restaurant-- opened in 1928. It gives Waffle House a run for it's money on grease. Seriously, the best onion rings ever.

Will have to try that.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Sage

Quote:

Or if you're east of Atlanta and happen by Athens/UGA, there's one there as well!!!

Bill
Old 12-03-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:

OMG, you are so right. Love, love, LOVE The Varsity!
Old 12-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Will have to try that.
It's also supposedly the world's largest drive in, with space for 600 cars. Big inside too, seating about 800 people. It's right beside I-75 at the North Ave. exit, a few miles north of downtown ATL and directly across the interstate from Ga. Tech campus.

Here's the link: The Varsity:: What'll ya have!

Yes, I have no affiliation whatsoever.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.