City Fire Waitress

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
WOW --- What happen to all of the non snobs that say you should hear both side of story --- does not sound right that a waitress would say anything like that out of the blue -- what provoked the statement --- if you want congratulation on buying a home in TV go to TOTV - i am sure at least 20 people will congratulate you - wish you well -welcome you - tell you how lucky you are to live in TV - tell you they cant wait to meet you - on and on. I cant see anyone saying TV people are ALL snobs out of the blue - although i believe some are - to all of the snobs out there -- being able to go to 9 Country Clubs that are not real country clubs does not make you one of the rich and famous
Very nice.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh 08 View Post
The other side of this coin. Bartender at Red Sauce was really pro TV. Wrote down some of the "best" villages and other good info for me. She was sooooo positive.
Posh,

The exact same thing happened to me at Red Sauce a couple of weeks ago except it was a male waiter who took time to tell me more about his positive experience with The Villages and the best floor plans, best realtors to deal with, best time of the year to buy, etc. I thought maybe he worked for The Villages Sales/Marketing team.

Oh, and he wasn't our waiter so he wasn't fishing for a better tip or anything. Just a nice guy.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Jaggy, on the plus side, it sounds like you were having a very nice conversation with the waitress and that she liked and trusted you enough to say what she truly felt.

It's a shame that many who work in TV don't like Villagers, but it's really no great surprise. There's no question that we have our share of those who think those who serve others are beneath their dignity. It only takes one of these types to ruin a decent day and that's the person that will be remembered, not the nice lady who just bought a house and was all excited and happy.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-08-2012, 01:37 AM

Jaggy,
My name is Gina Buell and I am the owner of City Fire. In reading your post I am absolutely shocked and mortified that one of our servers would say something like that to you!! For her to take such a wonderful moment away from you by making an awful and COMPLETELY UNTRUE remark has me speechless. Please let me apologize profusely and make it up to you. My email address is gina@cityfirerestaurants.com please contact me so I can personally take care of this. I hope TOTV will allow this post to stay on to reach you. I have tried to reply to our Guests before just to answer questions and was scolded therefore never replied to a post again. However after reading your post I am so horrified that I had to respond. Please accept my heartfelt apology.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbuell View Post
Jaggy,
My name is Gina Buell and I am the owner of City Fire. In reading your post I am absolutely shocked and mortified that one of our servers would say something like that to you!! For her to take such a wonderful moment away from you by making an awful and COMPLETELY UNTRUE remark has me speechless. Please let me apologize profusely and make it up to you. My email address is gina@cityfirerestaurants.com please contact me so I can personally take care of this. I hope TOTV will allow this post to stay on to reach you. I have tried to reply to our Guests before just to answer questions and was scolded therefore never replied to a post again. However after reading your post I am so horrified that I had to respond. Please accept my heartfelt apology.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser1 View Post
Tip of the hat to to Gina the manager of City Fire.

After working 34 years at one of the biggest Investor owned Utilities in the country, it takes a special person to work with the public. By that I mean the person has to utilize special skills. Among those skills are empathy,enthusiasm and diligence. To project that in trying times challenges even the best of us.

Empathy goes both ways ! When you leave "the Bubble" of the Villages you see anxiety, frustration and the loss of the American Dream.

When you talk to the "servers" you find they commute as far as Gainesville for Jobs. Imagine if YOU would have commuted that distance for a Job.

Gina shows tremendous class and shrewd business sense to address this problem.

City fire has gained a new customer.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Jaggy,
This points out once again that if you have a problem.....talk to management.
A discussion with the manager most likely would have solved the issue and avoided all the bad publicity for City Fire.
Further, I know that advertisers support TOTV, however, when someone posts to defend accusations; scolding them for posting doesn't make sense to me.
TOTV members deserve to read those responses as much as the complaints
Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeod View Post
While I certainly don't condone the server's comments that the OP obviously didn't deserve, I have seen enough boorish behavior at restaurants in TV to somewhat understand the comment. I have been tempted to remind some people that these are servers, not servants.
I know this is an older post, but I must agree........

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 11-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Jaggy,
Never in the five years that we have been in TV and especially @ City Fire has a server been rude. On the other hand, I have see patrons in a few establishments treat the servers as their personal servants.

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 11-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Eternal Member

Yes, kudos to Gina !! Mike & Gina, who own City Fire, are 2 of the nicest & most caring people I know. They care about their employees and their guests ! If I ever wanted to work again, which I wouldn't, LOL, I would hope to work for people like them !
Old 11-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
This points out once again that if you have a problem.....talk to management.
A discussion with the manager most likely would have solved the issue and avoided all the bad publicity for City Fire.
Further, I know that advertisers support TOTV, however, when someone posts to defend accusations; scolding them for posting doesn't make sense to me.
TOTV members deserve to read those responses as much as the complaints

CITY FIRE RESTAURANTS is not an advertiser and we would love for them to participate on the site and support Talk of The Villages.com. When Admin removes posts from businesses that do not support TOTV it is only because that is the right thing to do when we have local businesses that DO pay to support the site.

This thread will remain as it has helped resolve a TOTV user issue but now be closed.

If you would like to see City Fire as a supporter of the site you can let them know through a Private Message or call them and they can be a regular on the site!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.