Coastal del Mar, Spanish Springs

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2022, 06:08 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,646 Times in 445 Posts

Will definitely check it out - looks promising, will be anxious to see their “Catch of the day” selections. Will give me a reason to drive up north to Spanish Springs.
Old 11-07-2022, 06:15 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
If any of you remember Cousins Maine Lobster truck, They had fresh lobsters flown in nightly to Tampa from Maine.
They were just in Wildwood at Sparr Bldg on Sunday.
Old 11-07-2022, 07:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
They were just in Wildwood at Sparr Bldg on Sunday.
Here is their schedule.

Tampa, FL | Cousins Maine Lobster
Old 11-07-2022, 07:49 PM
Platinum member

I read these comments and laugh. Posting after posting that The Villages lacks fine dining, Spanish Springs is dying and Villagers north of 466 will not support restaurants in Spanish Springs. Well here the chance to prove them all wrong.

Are the prices expensive? The fish and chips are about $2.00 more than at McCall’s. Can Villagers north of 466 afford such luxuries? Has anyone looked at the prices of the condos in Spanish Springs? Sure, the is a sufficient base to support this restaurant. Will I go? Sure, but not weekly. Date night, special occasions, having guest in town are all good reasons to go.
Old 11-07-2022, 07:57 PM
Default I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I read these comments and laugh. Posting after posting that The Villages lacks fine dining, Spanish Springs is dying and Villagers north of 466 will not support restaurants in Spanish Springs. Well here the chance to prove them all wrong.

Are the prices expensive? The fish and chips are about $2.00 more than at McCall’s. Can Villagers north of 466 afford such luxuries? Has anyone looked at the prices of the condos in Spanish Springs? Sure, the is a sufficient base to support this restaurant. Will I go? Sure, but not weekly. Date night, special occasions, having guest in town are all good reasons to go.
is everyone who lives in The Villages that poor and can't afford a nice lunch or night out for dinner? Too little choices, too high prices, not enough diversity, too much of the same thing. We have it too good here it seems in the grand scheme of things. I know who cares.
Old 11-07-2022, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Today was grand opening, so far no reviews. 4 days at Disney, so will be weeks before eating out again
Old 11-08-2022, 09:51 AM
Gold member

For those of you who think the menu is high priced, note that virtually everything is high priced. We had a mediocre dinner last night at Ruby Tuesday in Spanish Springs, a restaurant that I've always thought had a decent standard of food and prices. We had no appetizers, a simple chicken with pasta dish and the fried shrimp with fries, one glass of wine, no desert. The bill with a 20% tip was $60.00. Welcome to the new world. I sincerely hope the new restaurant in Spanish Springs is highly successful, and we plan to try them out soon, but I wonder if their timing isn't unfortunate.
Old 11-08-2022, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,528 Times in 3,112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Here is their schedule.

Tampa, FL | Cousins Maine Lobster
Mmmmm lobster grilled cheese. Reminds me of Dino's in North Haven. That was one of their specialties.
Old 11-08-2022, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
For those of you who think the menu is high priced, note that virtually everything is high priced. We had a mediocre dinner last night at Ruby Tuesday in Spanish Springs, a restaurant that I've always thought had a decent standard of food and prices. We had no appetizers, a simple chicken with pasta dish and the fried shrimp with fries, one glass of wine, no desert. The bill with a 20% tip was $60.00. Welcome to the new world. I sincerely hope the new restaurant in Spanish Springs is highly successful, and we plan to try them out soon, but I wonder if their timing isn't unfortunate.
I think they will do well. As far as timing goes...... Farmshed opened in (off season) JUNE. That timing was unfortunate!
Old 11-08-2022, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Guy View Post
I think they will do well. As far as timing goes...... Farmshed opened in (off season) JUNE. That timing was unfortunate!
I agree that they will do well. Opening at season was a smart move. I spoke to a couple of people who had dinner there and they were very pleased with the food. I have a reservation for next week.
Old 11-08-2022, 02:22 PM
Veteran member

The wife and I ate there last night. It was very busy, crowded and loud. The clam chowder was good. The catch of the day was swordfish. I had blackened tuna and she had the platter but swapped out the salmon for double haddock. Both liked our dish. FMK asked me how I liked it. Told him I had to send back my Ahi to recook well done. $90 with my usual 20%.
Old 11-08-2022, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,508 Posts

Quote:

Fine Dining? Fish-N-Chips? Sorry, mutually exclusive.
Old 11-08-2022, 08:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Disagree. The fish and chips at BlueFin are excellent and am sure they will be great at
Coastal.
Old 11-09-2022, 02:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
I was using Fish and Chips as a common item on both menus for comparison.
Old 11-10-2022, 09:55 AM
Gold member

Quote:

Why would you classify this as a special occasion place if the prices are basically the same as McCall's ?

Tags
coastal, site, jays, located, addition

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.