Cody's @ lsl

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2013, 09:04 PM
Gold member

What I have noticed in restaurants where the manager hits the tables to chat with the customers , the service is usually good.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TednRobin View Post
I really understand the thought " to speak with the manager if there is a problem" but come on, these are service industries we are talking about. These managers should be fully aware how their employees are treating customers and especially should know what their food is like that they are serving. They are there day in and day out, no excuse as far as I am concerned. I shouldn't have to find the manager for problems. IMHO.
I agree
Old 05-28-2013, 02:19 AM
Eternal Member

We were sitting at one of our restaurants. A group of 4 ordered 4 drinks. One person was paying. The bill came to $17.73. The "cheapskate" gave a $20.00 bill. Change was $2.27. They put the $2.00 in their pocket & slid the 27 cents over for the bartender. Really ??!!!
I don't cook so we are out every night. It is so disappointing to see some of the Villagers treat the wait staff so bad.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:16 AM

Oh for cripes sake people, does he have to spell it out? What difference does it make who was on the phone? I've experienced the same at Cody's. 3 times and your out in my book. The food stinks, the service is beyond stinky, and as for talking to the management.....he doesn't care. And before you all start asking did you get his name, Yes, we got his name, the waitresses name, and we wrote the owner a long letter. And yes he answered us too....Was just as rude as the help. I will never go back, and I tell people not to go there also. What, the only time the service is better is when the snow birds are here, there are no excuses for bad service and bad food.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:37 AM
Sage

I agree with the wait and management concerns. Cody's is my favorite place to go for drinks and music and laughter. We always have a great time at Cody's. I find the food as good most every time.

NOW: That said, I have witnessed James (Manager) being rude to both wait staff and customers on more than one occasion. He seems very cocky the way he talks to people. Just the way he is I guess. I have always had perfect experiences with the bar tenders and most of the wait staff.

SYNOPSIS: I will continue to go as the overall Cody's experience has been very good for us. Managers like James come and go so I will watch for his tail lights. We at TV have lots of GRUMPY old folks and some are very cheap, and I am sure that contributes to the behaver of the staff and management. I understand there is no excuse for rude behaver from staff and especially management, but if we the customers start off with a smile rather than a complaint, we may be better served.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:11 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
I agree with the wait and management concerns. Cody's is my favorite place to go for drinks and music and laughter. We always have a great time at Cody's. I find the food as good most every time.

NOW: That said, I have witnessed James (Manager) being rude to both wait staff and customers on more than one occasion. He seems very cocky the way he talks to people. Just the way he is I guess. I have always had perfect experiences with the bar tenders and most of the wait staff.

SYNOPSIS: I will continue to go as the overall Cody's experience has been very good for us. Managers like James come and go so I will watch for his tail lights. We at TV have lots of GRUMPY old folks and some are very cheap, and I am sure that contributes to the behaver of the staff and management. I understand there is no excuse for rude behaver from staff and especially management, but if we the customers start off with a smile rather than a complaint, we may be better served.
Wow! I agree with everything you say. Cody's is one of our favorite places...it's fun. If we want a quiet, fine dining etc. we go to The Legacy, AP or off campus. If we are going for entertainment, good food (love the bar menu at Cody's, and the salad and fried shrimp are delish!) we go to Cody's! Never had a rude bartender or waitstaff!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:56 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
We were sitting at one of our restaurants. A group of 4 ordered 4 drinks. One person was paying. The bill came to $17.73. The "cheapskate" gave a $20.00 bill. Change was $2.27. They put the $2.00 in their pocket & slid the 27 cents over for the bartender. Really ??!!!
I don't cook so we are out every night. It is so disappointing to see some of the Villagers treat the wait staff so bad.
I worked in a bar the had a lot of Europeans customers who really do not tip well. When that happen to me - i used to throw the change in the garbage so the customer would see me do it -- used to drive them crazy - looking at the garbage knowing that was there money was now, in the garbage but would not ask me to give it back. sometimes they would say something like "you throw the tip in the garbage" and i would just "yes" and leave it like that. Drove them crazy. Nobody ever went to the manager to complain i throw their tip in the garbage--made me feel great
Old 05-28-2013, 07:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
What on earth was the person thinking. That would be 1 1/2% yes, one and one half percent tip. Mad at the bartender for some reason or just plain out of touch with reality.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:11 AM

Americans are well known for their amazing customer service. Heck
Disney gets well paid to teach a course to anyone who wants to learn
their techniques. This is just one of the many reasons people visit
the U.S. and spend their money which in turn "grows" the economy.

If we receive great customer service, we reward our server with a
30% CASH tip so that he/she gets it right away. We usually put the
rest of the bill on a credit card. I can't tell you the number of times
our appreciative server has told us the nights they work in case we
decided to come back to the restaurant.

We all need to do our small part to keep the economy growing.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainsley View Post
Wow! I agree with everything you say. Cody's is one of our favorite places...it's fun. If we want a quiet, fine dining etc. we go to The Legacy, AP or off campus. If we are going for entertainment, good food (love the bar menu at Cody's, and the salad and fried shrimp are delish!) we go to Cody's! Never had a rude bartender or waitstaff!
I love Cody's. Always crowded, but I always get a seat sooner than expected. Never had any bad or rude service, food is always good even late at night.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 05-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I have to admit that I've never been to Cody's. But, I have heard many negative comments about the owner/manager. I have heard comments from not only patrons but from a friend who used to work there and has vowed never to work for this guy again.
Like they say, a fish rots from the head down.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TednRobin View Post
I really understand the thought " to speak with the manager if there is a problem" but come on, these are service industries we are talking about. These managers should be fully aware how their employees are treating customers and especially should know what their food is like that they are serving. They are there day in and day out, no excuse as far as I am concerned. I shouldn't have to find the manager for problems. IMHO.
I agree with you 100%. A good manager walks around and looks for problems and shouldn't wait until a customer complains about it. I go to restaurants to eat not fix their problems. If I don't like something, I don't go back. The managers are probably sick of the whining and complaining about every little thing that people complain about around here.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I have to admit that I've never been to Cody's. But, I have heard many negative comments about the owner/manager. I have heard comments from not only patrons but from a friend who used to work there and has vowed never to work for this guy again.
Like they say, a fish rots from the head down.
It is true and I have witnessed it myself, but still the staff and especially the bar tenders are really good at what they do that includes service and a sense of humor on the side. Give it a try, but avoid the Management if you have a problem and call them, you will be disappointed . HUMMMM. Think I will head down to Cody's for lunch. Love them wings and cold draft.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Veteran member

Not to mention the birds and little dogs all over the outside tables! Disgusting!
Old 05-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
What on earth was the person thinking. That would be 1 1/2% yes, one and one half percent tip. Mad at the bartender for some reason or just plain out of touch with reality.
They came to the outside bar & ordered. Got their drinks right away, service with a smile, they gave a nice thank you got their change, left the little tip and then went inside cause they wanted to see the entertainment. They were right next to me.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.