Codys

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Default Codys

New windows, new High Speed Turbo Fans = New attitude. We frequent Cody's outside bar a lot, but the other day after a rain, the fans were not needed. Had the bartender request they be turned off, as they only have one speed (Duh!) and was told they will turn them off when they deem it necessary, not the customer. Okay then. Guess business is good, so we don't have to worry about the custmer as much now. Too bad, as we really like the bartenders there as well as the HH and food.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhall1644 View Post
New windows, new High Speed Turbo Fans = New attitude. We frequent Cody's outside bar a lot, but the other day after a rain, the fans were not needed. Had the bartender request they be turned off, as they only have one speed (Duh!) and was told they will turn them off when they deem it necessary, not the customer. Okay then. Guess business is good, so we don't have to worry about the custmer as much now. Too bad, as we really like the bartenders there as well as the HH and food.
Sounds like you are happy with Cody's then. We love both the food and the service there. Good to see other satisfied customers for Cody's. I'm sure they had a better reason to keep the fans on than you did to turn them off.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Gold member

Could it be that the fans are needed to keep the smoke moving away from the dining room? They do allow smoking at the outside bar. Just a thought . . . .
Old 08-27-2011, 05:45 AM
Eternal Member

They actually have fans inside above the windows to keep the smoke out. The problem with the big fans is it's been very hot. Some people request them on & others want them off. As with everything else in the world, you'll never make everyone happy.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Eternal Member

I'm assuming these are people you know. What kind of bugs did they find in the wine & salad ? Did they talk to a manager ?
Old 09-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonitaboy View Post
two incidents of large bugs found by guests last week...one in the bottom of wine glass and another in salad bowl.......Yikes. Very frieghtening.
Where was this reported??
Old 09-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Veteran member

Be willing to bet with a first post it's an upset employee. Eat there often with friends and none of us have heard of such an incident........Bet it's an employee getting even. jmho What do you think????
Old 09-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster View Post
Be willing to bet with a first post it's an upset employee. Eat there often with friends and none of us have heard of such an incident........Bet it's an employee getting even. jmho What do you think????
you betcha
Old 09-04-2011, 05:36 AM
Eternal Member

I'm at at Codys 5 or 6 nights a week. Never heard anything about this.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:21 AM

I am not a disgruntled first time poster or a disgruntled employee. Just a lad who knows the difference between good, bad and marginal eaterys.

Went to Cody's after it first opened. Decided that food and service could not be that bad. Went back a second time with out of town guests. Am still embarrassed for taking good friends to a place that serves such crappy food. Service was no better second time around. Must be the building as the Fish joint that was there before Cody's was also putrid!
Old 09-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Eternal Member

Had an awesome dinner at Codys last night. Got the Labor Day special. Salad, rolls, 1/2 rack ribs, 1/2 of a bbq chicken, baked potato & a whole corn on the cob for $13.98. I have enough left over for 3 more meals !!!

Last edited by Bonny; 09-05-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster View Post
It would be nice if, just occasionally, a negative restaurant post could be seen for what it almost certainly is - a fellow TOTVer sharing his/her experiences with us so we can make an informed decision.

Yet, almost without exception, such a post triggers a charge from the conspiracy theorists who can't believe that someone would dare to insult their favorite eating place.

I am delighted that you have had wonderful experiences there - fabulous food, impeccable service, not a spoon out of place - but nowhere is perfect and I, for one, would like to know when things go wrong as well.

Really, what is the likelihood that a disgruntled employee even subscribes to TOTV, let alone thinks that posting about a fan problem will cause everyone to desert the place and send his evil employer to the poor-house?

I don't recall seeing a positive restaurant post met with a tirade of posts about how it must be the manager trying to drum up business.

So, unless something is clearly amiss, let's assume that people post the truth.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Eternal Member

I also question a post like this when it's a first time poster. The remark was not a restaurant review. It was stated that there were "2 incidents" of people finding "large bugs" one in a salad & one in a wine glass which I assume means 2 different days. Just curious where this poster got his information.
I know of a few restaurant employees that are on TOTV.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:43 PM

Restaurants Inspection
Codys Original Roadhouse
1041 Lakeshore Drive, The Villages

1: July 7, 2011

Violation Observation
08A-11-1 Critical. Observed food stored in ice used for drinks in bar.
08B-04-1 Critical. Observed cloth used as a food-contact surface. Corrected On Site.
09-01-1 Critical. Observed improper use of bowl/plastic food container or other container with no handle used to dispense ready-to-eat food- applesauce. Corrected On Site.
10-02-1 In-use ice scoop stored on dirty holder. Corrected On Site.
16-15-1 Critical. Observed accumulation of debris on drainboards or equivalent.
22-28-1 Critical. Observed interior of reach-in prep cooler on cook's line lightly soiled with accumulation of food residue. Corrected On Site.
24-06-1 Observed clean utensils/equipment stored in dirty unit. Corrected On Site.
29-11-1 Observed leaking pipe underneath sprayer in dishroom.
35A-07-1 Critical. Observed 5 small flying insects in bar area.
35A-08-1 Critical. Observed 4 live flies in dishroom.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Gold member

Becuse of that open window in the bar area flies are a problem. I don't go there much but have found that flies are really bothersome when you're trying to eat your meal. I don't know what they can do with that window other than to close it permanently. If not they will always have a fly problem.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.