Cody's

Closed Thread
Old 12-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Sage
Default Cody's

Just had a great prime rib and their signature endless salad. Great food and great price. Now time for some entertainment and another great day in the villages.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
Just had a great prime rib and their signature endless salad. Great food and great price. Now time for some entertainment and another great day in the villages.
I also love their, two for one fajita night, It is excellent!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I also love their, two for one fajita night, It is excellent!
Which night is their two-for-one Fajita night?
Old 12-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Sage

Every Wednesday. I suggest you get ther a little before 5 PM as it fills up quickly. Drinks are two for one also, so if you order a glass of wine, they will bring you two.

Faijitas came in chicken, beef or shrimp.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-16-2013, 10:40 PM

Had a lousy meal at Cody's a couple of weeks ago. Steak was tough and the lobster tail was dry and crusty. No peanuts so we got up and got a bucket of them. Specials are no longer till 4pm but done at 1 pm ( or so our waitress told us) and we arrived at around 3:15. Menus were dirty with traces of someone else's food on each one. My wine glass had lipstick on it. Salads were give us but the salad bowl was taken away, never to be seen again. Main course arrived about 30 seconds after we got our salads. Food was jammed onto the table. Probably should have called over a manager. Maybe a manager should have checked with us and asked "how everything was"? Waitress seemed fairly new so someone should have been keeping an eye on her. Our bill was incorrect and we had to have it corrected. No deserts come with the meal anymore.
I've tried to contact Cody's via "feedback" on their website but it does not work. Tried "contact us" on their site and that doesn't work either. Finally called the main office and they suggested I write them a letter. So I wrote a letter, as I would hope they would want feedback on their restaurant.
Couple of weeks have gone by and no call or any kind of contact. I am getting the impression that Cody's' really doesn't care if you have a lousy experience in their place or not and I will no longer suggest them as a place to eat.
So, my only resort is to tell people of my experience.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodbob View Post
Had a lousy meal at Cody's a couple of weeks ago. Steak was tough and the lobster tail was dry and crusty. No peanuts so we got up and got a bucket of them. Specials are no longer till 4pm but done at 1 pm ( or so our waitress told us) and we arrived at around 3:15. Menus were dirty with traces of someone else's food on each one. My wine glass had lipstick on it. Salads were give us but the salad bowl was taken away, never to be seen again. Main course arrived about 30 seconds after we got our salads. Food was jammed onto the table. Probably should have called over a manager. Maybe a manager should have checked with us and asked "how everything was"? Waitress seemed fairly new so someone should have been keeping an eye on her. Our bill was incorrect and we had to have it corrected. No deserts come with the meal anymore.
I've tried to contact Cody's via "feedback" on their website but it does not work. Tried "contact us" on their site and that doesn't work either. Finally called the main office and they suggested I write them a letter. So I wrote a letter, as I would hope they would want feedback on their restaurant.
Couple of weeks have gone by and no call or any kind of contact. I am getting the impression that Cody's' really doesn't care if you have a lousy experience in their place or not and I will no longer suggest them as a place to eat.
So weird. We have been going their for years and never once had your problems
Old 12-17-2013, 06:28 AM
Sage

Love Cody's. Never a problem with food or service in 4 years
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 12-17-2013, 06:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
Love Cody's. Never a problem with food or service in 4 years
May 15 will be 4 years and we love it there. In 4 years, the only restaurant that has been real bad for us has been havana. We still go there often because it is by our house and now they are getting better. What we don't do is go for discounted specials nor discount times of day. I don't buy what the restaurant is trying to get rid of nor when the kitchen is extra busy.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:19 AM
Gold member

We have been eating at Cody's for several years too and never had a bad meal, except when we stopped at the Ocala Cody's. It was terrible. You wouldn't even know it was the same restaurant. The prime rib was the worst I have ever had and yes, the server filled our salad plate and took the bowl. We don't plan to return to that one.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Was there anything good ? I love Codys.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
I have been to Codys countless times. Usually it is excellent but there are a few very minor glitches at times.

The server always writes their name AND the managers name on the paper table cover so IF there is a problem, you can call him over to resolve it on the spot.

Does not sound as if the OP handled the situation in a manner to help resolve the situation.

Complaining on TOTV about a Villages favorite is NOT going to deter anyone from going there.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:00 PM
Veteran member

Cody's is one place that I know will try to fix any problem you had while dining.The manager consistently will respond to his customers in a positive manner.It happened to us once and the manager's response was enough to keep me coming back.If you ever have a problem do what Bogie Shooter always tells us "see the manager" In Cody's case it works.Bonny will back me up on this also.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:09 PM

Always a good experience except don't order the fish, which you shouldn't do at a BBQ place anyway.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:33 PM

I beg to differ - I LOVE the salmon at Cody's and order it almost every time we go - with the herb crust - YUM - and they cook it just right, not overcooked - my favorite!
Old 12-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,346 Times in 559 Posts

The "restaurant threads" tend to reveal what I already know----you can have a relative bad meal and Experence at any restaurant in TV or another anyplace USA. My general rule is three strikes and your out!

Cody's has no strikes and all has been good for the three or four visits.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.