Cody's was disappointming, but is now REDEEMED -- maybe

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

Instead of waiting for an e-mail that might be overlooked/not answered. Try researching a phone number/address and talking to someone and follow that up with a letter. You will get a response that way. Try talking to the manager next time like others have suggested, it works. Cody's to us is OK but not high on our list. Like Red, will go if visitors or others want to eat there.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Location: April to November in Topsham, ME and November to April in The Villages
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I'm sorry, but I think it is a shame that some one comes on here to say something bad about a restaurant, but didn't say anything when they are there & have such a bad experience. You say customer service, but you didn't even say anything & give them a chance.
If you will note, I chose to comment on their website so the word was sure to get back to the home office. Unfortunately, they have chosen not to respond, as yet.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Sorry, but I think the instant discussion with the manager would have settled the issue regardless of the outcome.
Waiting on someone at headquarters to check the email once a week, won't solve anything.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Location: April to November in Topsham, ME and November to April in The Villages

Yes, I don't enjoy confrontations and have found many positive responses from comments filed via e-mail. Every time I go in Johnny Rockets I get a big hug from Angela, one of the servers there, because of a positive comment made via their website. I got a $408.70 refund from JetBlue following a negative comment made via their website.

I was told that Cody's manager, Scott, would stop by my table but he never did.

I have two NY Strip steaks in my freezer that, when grilled, will look more like the one in the ad than the one I got in the restaurant.

I will post, if and when Cody's answers my comment.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Bogie, I think this is one of those instances where HQ might actually be better than the manager -- it is HQ that dictates the quality, tells from whom to purchase, delivers to the restaurants, etc. The manager has little control over that quality of the meat and that seems to be the biggest issue here. Cody's knew they were doing a special, probably brought in the meat -- HQ should be made well aware that their product fell short. (Personally, though, I would have talked to the manager and actually sent the steak back and asked them to try again. If the second steak was also of poor quality, then I would be contacting HQ. I like my steak MR, not medium or well done on one end and raw at the other. YUCK!)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Eternal Member

I have no problem with anyone going to websites to register a complaint with the powers that be. I'm sure this was a legitimate complaint. What upsets me is when someone goes on a forum or other venues & complains. Now here is this big discussion going on & the manager was never given the chance to address & take care of problem.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonny View Post
i have no problem with anyone going to websites to register a complaint with the powers that be. I'm sure this was a legitimate complaint.what upsets me is when someone goes on a forum or other venues & complains & they never complained at the time they had the problem. The managers never got a chance to take care of the problem & address your complaint. Now here is this big discussion going on & the manager was never even made aware of the problem.
i agree!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Founder

Starting such discussion here on Talk of The Villages is the right thing to do. John was kind enough to take time to tell his story publicly so that all of us will be aware the next time we go to that restaurant.

Cody's is part of a big corporation. Big corporations have a tendency to not be responsive to customer complaints, or they offer lip service and do nothing to correct the situation. Does anybody think that talking to a manager would have resulted in bigger steaks being served? Does anybody think that their corporate office really cares about John's email.

Talk of The Villages provides its members some muscle in dealing with the giants that they don't have otherwise. More attention will be paid to this issue because of John's proper posting than if he had said nothing or even talked to a manager.

It is the intention of this forum to provide its members with a powerful sounding board to help shape public opinion. (POWER OF THE PRESS?)

Some people are more assertive than others. Some people actually enjoy confrontation with a person in authority. Others aren't so eager to confront. They need somebody they can count on to help them. That's Talk of The Villages.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
......."Everybody's got one!"

Bill
And they generally stink!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
Starting such discussion here on Talk of The Villages is the right thing to do. John was kind enough to take time to tell his story publicly so that all of us will be aware the next time we go to that restaurant.

Cody's is part of a big corporation. Big corporations have a tendency to not be responsive to customer complaints, or they offer lip service and do nothing to correct the situation. Does anybody think that talking to a manager would have resulted in bigger steaks being served? Does anybody think that their corporate office really cares about John's email.

Talk of The Villages provides its members some muscle in dealing with the giants that they don't have otherwise. More attention will be paid to this issue because of John's proper posting than if he had said nothing or even talked to a manager.

It is the intention of this forum to provide its members with a powerful sounding board to help shape public opinion. (POWER OF THE PRESS?)

Some people are more assertive than others. Some people actually enjoy confrontation with a person in authority. Others aren't so eager to confront. They need somebody they can count on to help them. That's Talk of The Villages.
Yes, I do believe if he would have talked to the manager, he would have got him a new steak. This sounds like such a serious issue. It's just a restaurant & we know all restaurants have bad days.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:55 PM

I for one enjoy eating at Cody's. I have always found the service to be above average and the food well-prepared. We go there a lot on Wednesday for 2for1 Fajita Night and all day happy hour.
From my experience at Cody's, I think the manager would have comped the steak or offered another if it had been brought to their attention. If not then contact corporate, but don't expect a reply within two days.
As far as Outback goes their steaks look nothing like the pictures. So like the old sayings, "you can't judge a book by it cover" and "you get what you pay for".
Old 01-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Eternal Member
Default What is the problem?

Why can't someone just express his displeasure with a certain restaurant without getting lambasted by those that think the place is a great restaurant?

I think more would post with their displeasure with restaurants if they did not have to defend themselves all of the time.

I go to a restaurant and it sucks, I just don't go back. I mentioned this once and was told I should give it another try. My money is too valuable to give it another try. They should have gotten it right the first time.

Maybe these posters want to alert other people to the same thing.

I don't like Cody's. First of all the food is mediocre and there are not many great choices. My problem is that I cannot get two iced teas to go. Every time I ask, the waiter says it is because they serve alcohol. I am not about to ask the manager why. Apparently this is their policy. I can get two to go at every other establishment in TV. It ain't worth the hassle.

My thoughts.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Platinum member
Default My 2 Cents

Seems to me that when a corporate website asks for feedback, "Tell Us What You Think" to quote the website, then they should have the courtesy to respond when asked to do so. Somebody definitely dropped the ball unless they are just fishing for compliments.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 01-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Why can't someone just express his displeasure with a certain restaurant without getting lambasted by those that think the place is a great restaurant?

I think more would post with their displeasure with restaurants if they did not have to defend themselves all of the time.
My thoughts.

Z
Thanks Z.

Perhaps I should have talked to the manager but by the time I discovered the nearly raw section the steak was mostly gone. In any event, I find it embarrassing to complain and reject a meal and maybe that's my problem.

The comment sections in websites are there for just such situations and yes, compliments too. (Note my comment about Johnny Rocket's). I will probably give Cody's another chance, whether or not the website responds but not for a steak. I should have stuck to my belief that, given a decent cut of beef, a little salt and pepper and some garlic powder, I can grill a steak as good as anybody ... at least as far as my tastes go. I was sucked in by the ad: $13.98 for a 1 LB NY Strip. Buyer beware.

Cheers.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
.......My problem is that I cannot get two iced teas to go. Every time I ask, the waiter says it is because they serve alcohol. I am not about to ask the manager why. Apparently this is their policy. I can get two to go at every other establishment in TV. It ain't worth the hassle.

My thoughts.

Z
Sonny's never has a problem giving you iced tea to go. Better iced tea there anyways!!! JMHO

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.