Cody's - manager needs to get a new job

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2011, 10:47 AM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
On the same note it works both ways. I've seen people say nice things or give recommendations for businesses & services & many people jump on to say how bad their experience was.
I look at it as giving all the info, both sides.Then we can all make our own decisions.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I think that it really depends who is posting. If it is a newbie and it is their first post, we tend to have some serious doubts about the post, thinking it is really a rival rather than a genuine complaint. This is especially true if we have had good experiences with the restaurant or contractor or whatever.

If it is someone who has posted previously and seems to have a valid point, we may point out that we did not have a problem so that the business has a chance. Everyone is entitled to a bad day and to make mistakes. However, if we simply chalk up every bad incident to a bad day, then we never know if there is truly a problem or to watch out when using that service. In the case of Cody's manager, it really sounds like there is a problem -- too many have stated similar-type incidents.

So, here's vote for keeping the comments going -- both good and bad. We just need to be careful to not beat up on someone because they're new. It is easy to state an opinion without making someone feel bad.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
On the same note it works both ways. I've seen people say nice things or give recommendations for businesses & services & many people jump on to say how bad their experience was.
I look at it as giving all the info, both sides.Then we can all make our own decisions.
The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Founder

Letters to the Editor, talk shows and forums like this are great places to level the playing field. Talk of The Villages gives the ordinary individual a little muscle that they otherwise may not have.

Bad experiences are was draw out many first time posters. We see those and weigh the possibility that they are here simply to grind an axe.

I suppose it's natural for people to question the motives of a first time poster, but think of it like calling the police. They never say, "Hey you're a first time complainant, so we suspicious of your call."

We welcome first time posters who have an opinion to share, good or bad.

JLK
Old 02-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
I have talked with James, the manager, several times at Cody's. He always comes by the table and asks if everything is okay. I have told him of partially baked rolls or salad bowl that was not refilled. James has taken care of the situation personally and with a pleasant attitude.

Last summer, I was dining outside and someone noticed a harmless pine snake in the bushes. One of the female servers grabbed a broom handle to kill the snake. James quickly stopped her and gently used the handle to remove the snake to a location well off the restaurant property. That makes a lot more sense than killing it.

Cody's has a good staff. You can get an off night in any restaurant. The suggestion about going to the website is good. Use it for both compliments as well as complaints.
Tbug, what a nice post!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Tbug, what a nice post!
It really was!

Sometimes I read these posts about restaurants and think that we are unrealistic in our expectations. Many of us seem to want a lot of food, at a very low price, served to them exactly on time. And I think some small percentage look for flaws to get a freebie.

Now don't all jump on me at once - don't you all know someone like this - in or out of TV - that is always complaining about something in the hopes of getting something comped?

I do expect good food and service when I am out. And I hope that restaurant managers do their jobs to ensure that the experience is a good one. If I have to speak to the manager about something, I do in in the hope of better service - not to get something free. If s/he offers a free dessert or coffee or whatever, that is great. But I want to get what I paid for - and enjoy my meal out.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Sage

All of you must either eat out a lot more than we do or be more critical.

I don't remember ever having to talk to a manager at a restaraunt. Yes we've had a couple of bad experiences but every time either the waiter apologized or the floor manager came over to explain. I'll take the apology - not looking for a comp. But if it happens again I'm not coming back. We only have a couple of places on our 'banned' list
Old 02-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post

I don't remember ever having to talk to a manager at a restaraunt. Yes we've had a couple of bad experiences but every time either the waiter apologized or the floor manager came over to explain. I'll take the apology - not looking for a comp. But if it happens again I'm not coming back. We only have a couple of places on our 'banned' list
Old 02-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Veteran member

All of this banter is pretty funny. If I have a REALLY bad problem with a restaurant, I have no problem posting it and catching the hell that comes with it. I don't really care about all the defenders of the realm that fly in from cyberspace. I know that I only post a really Horrid problem and then people can do with it what they wish. I think I've only posted two bad problems about restaurants in my time on this forum. They were REALLY bad issues that should never have happened. These issues weren't about a rude waiter or a cold plate that should have been hot or because someone felt that they weren't being treated like the Queen of England, they were serious failures. At the end of the day,when all the dust settled, both places had corrective action in place because I went back and talked to more receptive management afterwards. The squeaky wheel syndrome does work, even if eventually.

Rock on, Dudes!
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 02-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:

I second that.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:

I have complained but I have never taken a comp when offered. I think that the apology is enough.

My three or four page ago post was not to criticize posters but just to remind every one that some people have a problem and would like to express it without getting bombarded with criticisms.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
I have complained but I have never taken a comp when offered. I think that the apology is enough.

My three or four page ago post was not to criticize posters but just to remind every one that some people have a problem and would like to express it without getting bombarded with criticisms.
ZCave - my point exactly!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Location: April to November in Topsham, ME and November to April in The Villages
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermuda View Post
... So the staff at Cody's saved the day, while the manager did absolutely nothing and should find himself a job more suited to his lack of people skills.
Sounds like the manager that night was Scott. He never shows up at the table to see how things are. Sandy and James took care of my complaint with Cody's very nicely.

My niece and I had dinner there this past Friday night and James stopped by the table twice remembering me from my last visit.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Default no response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I had a little problem at Cody's at Sumter Landing once, and did not get to speak to a manager. I went online to their web site and sent their corporate headquarters my comments. Lo and behold, with 48 hours I received a call from the local Cody's manager and they addressed my issue to my satisfaction. Maybe you should do the same. http://www.codysoriginalroadhouse.com/ is the web site - just click on their "Tell Us What You Think" link to give them your comments.

It has been over a week since I completed Cody's on-line "comments form" and I have yet to receive a response.

The wording I used was virtually the same as my original posting - not an expletive in sight.

Maybe they read that "the staff saved the day" and assumed that meant that they could ignore the fact that the manager did nothing.

I guess they should rename that section of their web page "Tell Us What You Think, and We'll Just Ignore It".
Old 02-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermuda View Post
Three of us went to Cody's yesterday evening for the first time.

We arrived at 18.08 and were given a "flasher" and told the wait would be 20-25 minutes. We went to the boardwalk (not over the bridge) and returned to the front entrance after 10 minutes to wait. After 40 minutes I went in to check what was taking so long, and was told I was not even on their list.

I pointed out that I had been given one of their "flashers" and asked for the manager. I explained what had happened and he walked off, totally unconcerned, without saying a word.

We left and, on the way out, I told the Greeter what had happened (we had been chatting earlier while I waited) and that we were finding somewhere else to eat. He rushed inside, and immediately arranged with the Reception for us to have a nice table. Our server came to take our drinks order and said that we had just missed Happy Hour - it was 19.05 by now. I explained what had happened, and she came back with two-for-one drinks.

So the staff at Cody's saved the day, while the manager did absolutely nothing and should find himself a job more suited to his lack of people skills.
I had the same experience with the "flashers" at another restaurant last year when it didn't go off after 40 minutes and the staff told us it would be a 20 minute wait.

It turns out the front desk had written the wrong phone numbers for the flasher and that's why it didn't go off.

They did try to accomodate us but it ruined our afternoon. It is probably the only restaurant I won't give a second chance to as I tend to believe that any restaurant can have a bad night with making someone happy.

Just sayin...........
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.