Cody's Original Roadhouse

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Gold member
Default Cody's Original Roadhouse

Opening Monday Oct 26th to the public @ 2pm. (Formally Up The Creek in LSL) Went by there this evening and they were having employee training and offered us a look see inside along with a take out menu.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:55 AM
Eternal Member

Going Monday for my birthday to check it out. They had friends & family in there last night. Should be good addition.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Default cody's friends and family night

I had the pleasure of attending the friends and family night at cody's on thursday. There was a limited menu served, though the entree's and apps were great. i highly recommend the homemade onion rings, the sauce is delicios!
Cody's has brought in great training staff for the opening. Which so many resturants in the villages previosly have not.
I can't wait for monday, i will deffinatly been dinning there on opening night. try the cody'sroadhouse slider. YUMMY!!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 04:47 PM

Looks good! We will try it soon...27 days and counting until we return!

http://www.codysoriginalroadhouse.com/come_on_in.asp
Old 10-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,031 Times in 1,209 Posts
Default cody's

What is the menu like?
Old 10-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Gold member

If you click on the link provided by carm310 in the above post, it will take you to Cody's menu
Old 10-27-2009, 04:18 AM
Veteran member

I was there for family and friends night; and enjoyed the food very much. We had the prime rib, and it was excellent. It is a fun, casual place with alot of atmosphere, great eclectic decor. I 'second' the suggestion to try the onion rings; they are wonderful, as is the turmeric sauce served with them. 'Endess salad bowl' is served by the server, then left on the table for additional servings, as part of the meal. Free peanuts and you can throw the shells on the floor. All of the foods are cut and prepared fresh from scratch. I was impressed that there were so many corporate trainers there, and they were taking a very serious view toward doing everything very expertly. Alot of comaraderie among the staff made for a good atmosphere. Ask for Denise and you'll be assured of excellent service; and yes, she is my friend, but she is also a true professional in her job.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:57 AM
Eternal Member

Went to Cody's for my birthday yesterday. It was wonderful. We had 19 of us sitting outside. Got there at 4:00 & left after 8:00. Taking care of us was Denise, Danielle & Kirsten along with corporate trainer, Dan. Super service & lots of fun. We all drank alot, had appetizers & meals. Food was great. Not a single complaint. Love the nice outside seating at the bar. Also talked with several other employees. Caroline, Matt, Grant, Lon, Jade & Mike as well as managers. Everyone enjoyed the night & we all had a great time. They definitely get 2 thumbs up.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Default cody's

I agree, great food at even better prices! its opening at 2:00 everyday except for Sundays, which will be opening at 11:00. After about a month or so they say they will be opening for lunch. I can't wait I recommend it to all

~Travis
Old 10-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Eternal Member

Went to Cody's again tonight. They were PACKED !!! Had the article in the paper today & it sure brought everyone out. It looked to me everyone was having a great time. Alot of laughing & visiting. We had great meals & again, wonderful service. TJ took care of us & did a fabulous job. If you haven't been there, you have to go try it out. Just remember, they have only been open a couple of days, so cut them some slack. I will say they are working hard & listening to everyone !!!
Old 10-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Send a message via AIM to Jaderiffic Send a message via Yahoo to Jaderiffic

Thanks Bonny!! See you soon!
Old 10-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Platinum member

The beer offerings in Cody's are uninspiring. You would think anyplace offering a 32 oz megamug would have a decent offering. May be Bass or Sam Adams would be a starter. Even Olive Garden has Sammy on tap.

George
Old 11-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Default Draft beer selection

I totally agree with george, Sam Adams or Bass would be a great addition to the draft selection at cody's. A matter of fact i mentioned something simliar to the GM, Travis upon my first visit.
Though we as villagers are used to having things our way, as the villages is our place. I would suggest that anyone else who enjoy's a nice lager should give the management some feed back. Lets all please try to remmeber Cody's is new to the villages.
I'm not sure if everyone read the article in last Thursday's issue of the Daily Sun, when the owner John Demetriadias stated and i quote. " I want to emphasize this is not a multimillion-dollar business" "i have put my finger's on the pulse of the resturant and my guest." "FEED BACK IS WELCOME POSITIVE OR NEGITIVE." "LET US KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING WRONG!" "WE'LL FIX IT!" were are here to stay.
So please everyone make sure we are letting the mangement know what we as villagers want and expect. After, speaking with Travis (the GM) I truly believe that the owner as well as the management would like to know. I think we can all admit resturants in the villages have had to adjust to our way of life. Lets please make sure we are letting them know what would like to see from cody's. Give them a chance to adjust to how things work here in the villages.
Honestly i havent left a resturant in the villages so full of good home cooked food in a long time! I would like to see cody's stay! The food is amazing. I personally enjoy good old american cuisine.

~Josh
Old 11-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Veteran member
Default Cody's Beer

Other Cody's I've visited had one Micro beer usually an Ale.

I asked the Bartender about getting one. He said they have not yet decided.

Most of the restaurants in TV think if they have wheat beer they are satisfying the Beer Drinker. They know nothing about Beer Drinkers I guess.

Sonny's has Samuel Adams Octoberfest which is acceptable but not a real micro beer.

I'll eat wherever they have decent beer. A meal without a good ale is not a meal for me.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Sage

We ate at cody's yesterday afternoon with a big group. They had some fantastic specials.... Real turkey breast/stuffing/veggies and apple cobbler dessert for $7.99 (along with their delicious bottomless salad bowl and tasty rolls); Also had a 1/2 rotisserie chicken or pork chops meal for the $7.99 price.

They had Yuengling on tap.... although it's not a micro brew, it's a pretty decent domestic beer. I'll take it over budweiser or coors lite anyday.

A very pleasant experience at Cody's yesterday. We'll definitely go back.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.