Cody's Original Roadhouse

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Platinum member

I could live with a Yuengling on tap but it would not be my first choice. Yuengling claims to be the oldest (continuously operating) brewery in America from Pottsville, PA, and it has its own following.

If memory serves me correctly, Arnold Palmer has Guinness on tap. So there must be a market for good beer in TV. Let's hope Cody's try's something new. I'm happy to see some others share my taste.

George
Old 11-03-2009, 06:35 AM

It would be nice to have Guinness on tap everywhere. The problem from an operators standpoint is that Guinness is Nitrogen driven as opposed to CO2. The Nitrogen system is costly to install(and maintain) and is not something The Villages Liquor Co-Op will provide to any non village owned business. The catch, if I'm not mistaken, is that if The Villages holds your lease, they require that you buy your booze from them....
Old 11-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Default beer for breakfest

I'm glad too see that im not the only villagers walking around with a beer belly. I'll be back at cody's on sunday for there 7.99 special. I heard the turkey was great. Im hopping its not so packed this time. I would like to talk to one the managers about getting sam adams.... I assure you the more we let them know what kind of beer we want the faster they will change brands after a few kegs run dry!

~josh
Old 11-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Eternal Member

Went to Cody's again last night. We sat at the outside bar & ran into a few friends. Great bartenders there. Mike, Aaron, Jessica & TJ were tending the bar. We were going to eat a meal, but decided to order the bar burger. It's only $2.00. Not only was it big, it was delicious. Also got the side of fries for $2.00. You have to try it. You can't beat 2 bucks !!! They are working on the bar menu & will have some good selections on it.
Love that place. They have a great group of employees.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

It looks like this place will be a keeper! We went yesterday and it was very crowded but only had to wait maybe 15 minutes to be seated. The Steaks were good and the service was fine.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Default Sam adams is comming

gentlemen,
It is now offical, Sam Adams will be available at cody's shortly. I had the pleasure of speaking with regional bar training manager. I believe her name is shannon, she stated that our voices have been heard! ! ! they have put an order in for Sam Adams. It sould be avaiable with in two weeks at the latest. I was wondering what they would be replacing, she stated she was not sure yet. "let us know what you want" we will keep it! and get ride of what you don't. so all my fellow beer drinkers.... lets let the managment know what we want to see at cody's!
~josh
Old 11-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Gold member

Had dinner there last Tuesday...we sat outside...it was a bit cool. The service was fine and the food good.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Platinum member

Our month First Friday party of residents on Fenimore Lane (17 of us) had dinner at Cody's yesterday afternoon. We got there at 4:00pm; it was already jammed! Fortunately, we'd made prior arrangements, which apparently they'll do for crowds.

Sat outside (it was pretty cool and windy, but less noisy than inside). Good service (some didn't get what they'd ordered but rectifying the mistakes seemed efficient and were handled happily). Good food.

I suspect a number of reasons for the popularity:

It's new.

They've got good two-for-one drinks.

They've got an early-bird menu (3:30-6:00, I think).

I'll go back, but because I like later dining, probably some while from now!

SWR
Old 11-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Eternal Member

Sat outside at the bar last night. Ordered wings & quesadillas. Really good. The quesadillas were filled with chicken & cheese.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Platinum member

J. Thanks for passing along this good news. IMHO, Sammy (Sam Adams, Brewer, Patriot) is good beer. Of course you may have heard that Sam in his day was only a mediocre brewer. I only hope Cody's doesn't run out before January when we finally retire to TV. Very impressive that Cody's management responded, and so quickly.

George
Old 11-21-2009, 10:47 PM
Default sammy

i spoke with the g.m. travis today while dinning. Travis spotted by to make sure our dinning experience was a good. I mentioned to him about when the sammy will be there. He said they already have the kegs. they are just waiting for the "shock top" to run out, to replace it.......
Old 11-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Veteran member
Default Sammies

How about all we Sammies show up and finish the Shock Top so we can have a decent drink.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister
Default Mixed review

Ate there twice. First time I had the prime rib and it was very good. Second time had the same and was tough so waiter took it back for a retry. The manager came out with the second attempt and watched as I struggled to get the knife through it. My companions had almost finished their meals, so I elected to not try something else. No comps, but they didn't charge for what I didn't eat.

Down side is being near the bar on the inside....the bar is open to the outside and smokers gather 'apleanty and the smoke pours into the non-smoking resteraunt. Like being in the non-peeing section of the swimming pool.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:01 PM
REH7380
Unhappy Cody's Prime Rib

GilmerMurray..I am glad you mentioned the prime rib as it reinforces we were not alone in our experience. We stopped in last week because we had heard Cody's was good. I ordered the prime rib believing Cody's would have good beef but it was real (to the point of being not edible) tough. I ate, after a great deal of effort and believing it would get better, about 15% before I gave up. We tipped the waitress the usual 20% as it was not her responsibility for the problem. Although we agreed the salad that was brought out first was chilled a salad did not equate to paying the amount we did for the meal.
We both agreed we would not go back since dining should not be a gamble for good food but rather a sure thing.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH7380 View Post
GilmerMurray..I am glad you mentioned the prime rib as it reinforces we were not alone in our experience. We stopped in last week because we had heard Cody's was good. I ordered the prime rib believing Cody's would have good beef but it was real (to the point of being not edible) tough. I ate, after a great deal of effort and believing it would get better, about 15% before I gave up. We tipped the waitress the usual 20% as it was not her responsibility for the problem. Although we agreed the salad that was brought out first was chilled a salad did not equate to paying the amount we did for the meal.
We both agreed we would not go back since dining should not be a gamble for good food but rather a sure thing.
Why not advise management? How will they ever know if you never tell them of your dissapointment?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.