Cody's Original Roadhouse

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2009, 07:20 PM
REH7380
Question Tell Management

Actually we did tell the waitress and she assured us she would tell the Management. We did not call the Manager over, etc. as we did not want to make it a "show".
Old 11-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH7380 View Post
Actually we did tell the waitress and she assured us she would tell the Management. We did not call the Manager over, etc. as we did not want to make it a "show".
Why would it be a show, to discuss your dinner with the manager. No, you would rather diss the restaurant here on the TOTV.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Why would it be a show, to discuss your dinner with the manager. No, you would rather diss the restaurant here on the TOTV.
Bogie Shooter makes an excellent point, how can they fix the problem if you don't make the manager aware of it?
Old 11-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Eternal Member

I think Cody's has been doing a great job listening to customers.
I think it's a great place to eat & they have some of the best employees that work really hard.
I for one love the Villages & I really want everyone to succeed, but we need to help. To have one bad experience & claim I'm never going back, really isn't fair.
We have to give these places a chance to fix the problems. Especially when they are willing to.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I think Cody's has been doing a great job listening to customers.
I think it's a great place to eat & they have some of the best employees that work really hard.
I for one love the Villages & I really want everyone to succeed, but we need to help. To have one bad experience & claim I'm never going back, really isn't fair.
We have to give these places a chance to fix the problems. Especially when they are willing to.
I disagree. If I am going to spend my money on food I expect an edible meal every time. I am not going to chase down the manager to tell him I did not like the meal and maybe end up a heated discussion as to how they take special care to make sure my meal was properly prepared when I know it sucked.

There are too many restaurants to go to around here.

I will try each restaurant on my own without benefit of these postings to prove to myself that I like or do not like the food.

Although, I think the prime rib is off limits at Codys with two complaints.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:24 PM
REH7380
Exclamation No Apologies

I have no apologies. In my opinion I received a very poor prime rib, I reported it to the waitress who assured me she would handle with management, I found I was not the only one who had this experience. I responsibiliy reported on the problem which I and someone else experenced.
I appreciate the loyalties some have toward the resturant but to follow their directions it would mean no one would speak up if they had a problem. If there are more that have had the same issue then it would be of great assistance to the management as they would get ahold of the size of the problem. If no more had the problem then management should disregard the couple who did. It is that simple.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Default Cody's and Prime Rib

Obviously you are either new to the Villages or naive, who would choose a roady place like Cody's for Prime Rib to begin with? Why they even have it on the menu is a good question. You want good prime rib.........go to ALFIES BAR ON Rte.25.......CASE CLOSED.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:36 PM
REH7380
Smile Good Point

Gatb Tester, you make an excellent point. I am not new to The Villages but it was probably poor judgement to order a prime rib at a "roady place". I should restrict it to ones that are known for fine beef. Now that is a positive feed back..
Old 11-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Veteran member

I had the beef kabob -- tough, veiny meat, uncooked onions.
Friends had steaks...same result.
I'll go back but won't order beef in any form.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:09 PM
Unhappy Cody's Roadhouse

Tried Cody's Roadhouse several times - the first Saturday night was a delight. We met one of the owners who was charming and welcoming. We enjoyed good service and good food. Returned several Saturday nights - our service went from good to very poor. We sat for several minutes with no attention at all. We also noted that the manager was not on duty the last two visits. The wait staff was more interested in socializing with friends than attending to their service. The last visit was our last visit. AnneMarie
Old 01-13-2010, 03:52 PM

Four of us ate at Cody's this past Saturday. Our service was outstanding and all of our meals were beyond excellent. One had steak chunks, one had the chopped steak, and two had the special, a terriyaki chicken breast. The chicken breast dinner, which was the special of the evening, included veggies, all the salad you could eat, and rolls for $7.95. Delicious!
Old 01-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member

we love cody's, sorry to hear you had a bad experience but i guess you should probably try another restaurant, should make more room for us....gn
Old 01-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Angry

BRUTAL!!!!!!!! Have to agree with AM's previous post about Cody's. Was pretty much all around terrible tonight.

Had "Miss Charm" as a waitress. When she finally arrived at our table, she was carrying a load of dirty dishes but took our drink order and disappeared. We were in the bar area so after about 5 minutes we saw the bar staff preparing our order. After waiting to have them delivered for about another 3 minutes, we finally went to the service area and picked them up ourselves. Also picked up some peanuts along the way. Only one of the four had to be returned since it was the incorrect item. Never did get around to bringing the water that was also requested.

Finally got an order in and it was delivered in about 16 minutes which gave the fries plenty of time to get cold and stale. Again, one of the entrees was not delivered as ordered. We also sent the fries back and after a few minutes were told the reorder would be out in a minute or minute and a half. About 8 minutes later, we received 9 fries on a plate. They were hot this time but presentation and customer service left much to be desired , however.

All the while, what appeared to be a huge staff were sweeping, dusting, wiping, refilling, stacking stools, etc. Not quite the atmosphere we were seeking during our dinner but perhaps some people like it. When we asked one server for ketchup, he told us he didn't have any in his back pocket and continued to refill salt shakers. A nice touch, we thought.

Before you ask, we couldn't find a manager or anyone else who seemed to be in charge tonight.

Sorry Cody's, you're off our list, too.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Platinum member
Default Cody's manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
BRUTAL!!!!!!!! Have to agree with AM's previous post about Cody's. Was pretty much all around terrible tonight.

Had "Miss Charm" as a waitress. When she finally arrived at our table, she was carrying a load of dirty dishes but took our drink order and disappeared. We were in the bar area so after about 5 minutes we saw the bar staff preparing our order. After waiting to have them delivered for about another 3 minutes, we finally went to the service area and picked them up ourselves. Also picked up some peanuts along the way. Only one of the four had to be returned since it was the incorrect item. Never did get around to bringing the water that was also requested.

Finally got an order in and it was delivered in about 16 minutes which gave the fries plenty of time to get cold and stale. Again, one of the entrees was not delivered as ordered. We also sent the fries back and after a few minutes were told the reorder would be out in a minute or minute and a half. About 8 minutes later, we received 9 fries on a plate. They were hot this time but presentation and customer service left much to be desired , however.

All the while, what appeared to be a huge staff were sweeping, dusting, wiping, refilling, stacking stools, etc. Not quite the atmosphere we were seeking during our dinner but perhaps some people like it. When we asked one server for ketchup, he told us he didn't have any in his back pocket and continued to refill salt shakers. A nice touch, we thought.

Before you ask, we couldn't find a manager or anyone else who seemed to be in charge tonight.

Sorry Cody's, you're off our list, too.

Ask for Travis McHenry next time.

Skip
Old 01-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Eternal Member

If Travis isn't there, ask for Angela or Dean.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.