Cane Garden

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2018, 12:13 PM
Default Cane Garden

I'm frustrated with Cane Garden. They keep a small stock of bottles of Diet Tonic Water to serve from the bar. When I requested this on multiple occasions the message was it is only on hand for mixed drinks. To me, this makes no sense. When a product is on hand, and is requested, then serve it. I've needed to request a manager to get the Diet Tonic Water on several occasions. Last night the "general manager" provided the requested beverage after telling me there would be an uncharge past what I would pay for soda. Does this make sense to anyone out there?
Old 06-24-2018, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox49 View Post
I'm frustrated with Cane Garden. They keep a small stock of bottles of Diet Tonic Water to serve from the bar. When I requested this on multiple occasions the message was it is only on hand for mixed drinks. To me, this makes no sense. When a product is on hand, and is requested, then serve it. I've needed to request a manager to get the Diet Tonic Water on several occasions. Last night the "general manager" provided the requested beverage after telling me there would be an uncharge past what I would pay for soda. Does this make sense to anyone out there?
Yes. You can not get bottle soda for fountain soda prices..... hence the up charge.

You know their rules and "on multiple occasions" try to get around them..... why? Their Bar - their rules.

The name of the place is "Cane Garden" not "The Boston Garden"
Old 06-24-2018, 01:46 PM
Sage

This is why we will never have any better restaurants in TV, you pay for what you get and if you want something special, PAY--mywife wanted a real Reuben made from their real cried beef , they said she had to pay the corned beef dinner $, one of the best Reubens in a long time
Old 06-24-2018, 01:54 PM

On another note on Cane Garden
I ate there last Sunday and the food was disgusting. In addition the waitress had an attitude. Won’t hurry back. This is the first time I had that experience in the Villages with any restaurant. It’s typically always friendly every where you go. Went to Havana CC on Thursday and everything was fantastic. The waitress could not have been nicer!
Old 06-24-2018, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,778 Times in 5,276 Posts

Cane Garden has the best pizza of all the CCs. Way better than Havana.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts

Until the minorities become the majority the restaurants will serve what keeps the revenue stream. I assume, the majority still likes Cane and the minority will need to find another place to go that meets their needs.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-24-2018, 03:40 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Why not

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Yes. You can not get bottle soda for fountain soda prices..... hence the up charge.

You know their rules and "on multiple occasions" try to get around them..... why? Their Bar - their rules.

The name of the place is "Cane Garden" not "The Boston Garden"
If the OP is a “regular” I would give him some slack.... why not?
Old 06-24-2018, 03:51 PM
Sage

Servers do not make a restaurant-they come & go like the wind in TV, the only thing that should be consistent in any restaurant should be the food & beverages
Old 06-24-2018, 08:15 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,320 Times in 385 Posts

Went there about two weeks ago...place smelled like a bad dishrag,decor was old amd tired, but the food was good.

But im dome with the country clubs here...overpriced, mediocre food...just go out of the villages for better food.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,391 Times in 2,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phemp View Post
On another note on Cane Garden
I ate there last Sunday and the food was disgusting. In addition the waitress had an attitude. Won’t hurry back. This is the first time I had that experience in the Villages with any restaurant. It’s typically always friendly every where you go. Went to Havana CC on Thursday and everything was fantastic. The waitress could not have been nicer!
Everybody has a bad day now and then.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Cane Garden has the best pizza of all the CCs. Way better than Havana.
No way...Mallory has the best pizza!
Old 06-25-2018, 08:10 AM
Platinum member

Diet Tonic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Old 06-25-2018, 08:30 AM
Sage

Mallory pizza better than the Cane--you've gotta be kidding--great if you like soggy, "moshad" pies
Old 06-25-2018, 03:49 PM
Veteran member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Went there about two weeks ago...place smelled like a bad dishrag,decor was old amd tired, but the food was good.

But im dome with the country clubs here...overpriced, mediocre food...just go out of the villages for better food.
I agree about this: “place smelled like a bad dishrag, decor was old and tired...”.

And I’d add that overall, the place is so poorly lit and with worn out decor that a report of good food does not make it an attractive choice amongst the many restaurants in TV who actually compete for our business.

As for the country clubs here, I think too many are run by the same leasing group.

Nothing good comes from, nor stays for long, with a monopoly whose attitude emits the unspoken message, “Take it or leave it.”

—-
Old 06-25-2018, 04:05 PM
Gold member

My opinion - the establishment gets to sell what they want, when they want. No you can't have the lunch special, we stopped serving that at 3:00.

Look at it this way. The kitchen has cooking sherry. It's not for sale individually, it is for mixing in food. Same for the diet tonic, it is for mixing in drinks.

Tags
requested, sense, manager, serve, cane

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.