Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2023, 04:07 PM

Tes both were chicken
Old 06-27-2023, 04:18 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
The last inspection of Culver's on Sundance Trail was due to a complaint way back on 2/13/23. Nothing since then.

Anyone suspecting food poisoning should report it here:
Licensing Portal - Complaint Wizard
Or you can call: 850-245-4444

I am very surprised that the hospital did not call it in.
Report all sickness after dining out. Save others from a similar mishap.
Usually the health inspector shows up unannounced the very next day.

Skip

PRINT/SAVE this post, you may need it someday!
Probably because the OP is blaming it on something they ate 5 days earlier. The professionals know how long it takes.
Old 06-27-2023, 04:22 PM

Yes. I contacted County Health Inspection
Old 06-27-2023, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog53 View Post
We recently visited Culver's on 466A on Tuesday. I have been a Culver's fan since I frequented them up north. However, after getting a sandwich, chicken fingers and fries, we came down with severe food poisoning and ended up in the ER Saturday. The doctor suspected food poisoning after tests and discussions. In talking to the nurse she said her friend also got sick from Culver's recently, and so did a store clerk saying her sister got sick, and so did a friend. That is too coincidental. I am just wondering if there are others that got sick, thought it may have been a virus, and did nothing but just let it run its course. I doubt though if we will be going back anytime soon.
It could be the dreaded Norovirus. Very similar symptoms to food poisoning. No cure, No immunity. You can get it repeatedly. There was recently a huge outbreak on a cruise ship so maybe they docked in Miami and it came ashore?!
Old 06-27-2023, 08:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txcottage View Post
Happened to us 6 months ago at the Culver’s on 466. Perhaps the staff all moved to 466a. Not going to either.
How many days after eating there it happened. Seems 5 days is the norm which doesn’t make any sense……
Old 06-28-2023, 12:16 AM

We have eaten at both Culver's with no problem ... always good hot meals and seemed to have clean employees . Each time we go, I respond to the survey. When Culver's was still in early days, I gave a very critical response about several things. The manager called me within 15 minutes !! Surprise !! We had a great discussion and things were changed. The surveys really are important ... esp when you have a problem . BUT if food poisoning ... be sure to CALL and talk with manager. Also might be good to call Board of Health to report.
Old 06-28-2023, 09:20 AM
Default fish

Had fish sandwich there it was fine ? very busy
Old 06-28-2023, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
Food poisoning five days after. Suspicious.
I agree, not possible. Too long by 3 days.

For whatever reason, some people have a grudge against Culvers.
Old 06-28-2023, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
This from the Mayo Clinic:
Symptoms usually start within hours or several days of eating the food. Most people have mild illness and get better without treatment.
Sometimes food poisoning causes severe illness or complications.
TIMING:
Listeria (bacterium) 9 to 48 hours for digestive disease. 1 to 4 weeks for body-wide disease.

Skip

Exactly. Two days = 48 hours.

Five days later and they blame it on Culvers? After about 12-15 other meals, it's Culver's fault.

Sounds like an attack on Culver's instead of the other way around.
Old 06-28-2023, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
How many days after eating there it happened. Seems 5 days is the norm which doesn’t make any sense……
Occam's Razor says: because it didn't happen.

Fake complaint.
Old 06-29-2023, 01:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
Recently visited a very popular resort bar in Leesburg and Hellman’s mayonnaise was displayed in the heat at every station on the bar along with catsup and mustard. A serious issue as everyone knows mayo will spoil in the heat.
I worked for a company that made Mayonnaise, Ketchup and Mustard and they are shelf stable products bought in the grocery aisle. They are refrigerate for best quality after opening items, no need to keep refrigerated.
Old 06-29-2023, 06:55 AM
Veteran member
Default Culvers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog53 View Post
We recently visited Culver's on 466A on Tuesday. I have been a Culver's fan since I frequented them up north. However, after getting a sandwich, chicken fingers and fries, we came down with severe food poisoning and ended up in the ER Saturday. The doctor suspected food poisoning after tests and discussions. In talking to the nurse she said her friend also got sick from Culver's recently, and so did a store clerk saying her sister got sick, and so did a friend. That is too coincidental. I am just wondering if there are others that got sick, thought it may have been a virus, and did nothing but just let it run its course. I doubt though if we will be going back anytime soon.
No sickness here but after eating in Three different Culvers in the Tampa area and enjoying the food we have eaten in the one on 466A on three occasions and found the food to be far less palatable then the restaurants in the Tampa area. Did not get sick but the taste and quality were definitely not on par with the other stores.
Old 06-29-2023, 03:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
I worked for a company that made Mayonnaise, Ketchup and Mustard and they are shelf stable products bought in the grocery aisle. They are refrigerate for best quality after opening items, no need to keep refrigerated.
I pretty much figured that out after eating at a busy bar/restaurant on a small island in the Sea of Abaco (Bahamas). The Mayo jar was kept on a shelf of the bar. The thinking was that, as long as it wasn't contaminated by a dirty knife or spoon, the vinegar in the Mayo would preserve it.
Old 06-30-2023, 12:03 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
So food only gets prepared correctly on weekends?
I'm not the original poster, but I don't think the person meant food can only be prepared "correctly" on weekends, NOT at all. Some places are deciding to open ONLY on weekends, or Th through Sun, because the ONLY have enough trained, EXPERIENCED, staff who know correct preparation and handling to cover 4 days, so of course they choose the the long weekend. Many places in all states are not able to hire the quality of people they need to be open 7 days a week. If a person is observant, it is easy to see employees everywhere, from doughnut shop to fine dining are not as well educated, trained, and knowledgeable about disease, how food borne diseases are spread, and even have the same background in the importance of personal hygiene.... the etiquette of which is also intertwined with the employee's background and how much personal hygiene and kitchen hygiene is practiced in their own life and homes.
Closed Thread

Tags
culvers, sick, friend, 466a, poisoning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.