Dairy queen

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2020, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowOnCash View Post
Are you guys actually eating ice cream from vendors like DQ - someone has to prepare it by hand put it in a bag Helloo. . .

I'm not ready for that yet !

Mike
helloooooo,...YES, we DO~! and are happy when we can find it
Old 04-25-2020, 11:32 AM
Default Dairy Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
A well managed Dairy Queen should have done a good business here in The villages. Obviously, poorly managed.
Not a management problem in this instance. It was very close to Ollie's store and all the Villagers went there instead of Dairy Queen. It was there in 2001 but only lasted a year or two due to it's location. Everyone was intent on supporting a locally owned business apparently. I was very sorry to see it go.
Old 04-25-2020, 11:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
Thought we were to stay at home unless travel was ESSENTIAL. Did someone miss announcing a change in State policy
i gave up the personal quarantine over a week ago, it sounded nuts to begin with. there's only so much a normal person can take when there's a massive govt takeover. never before i have ever remembered shutting down the world over being sick. yes, i'm a doubter, go ahead & start the flame war!
Old 04-25-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
A well managed Dairy Queen should have done a good business here in The villages. Obviously, poorly managed.
If you like ice cream made with reconstituted powdered skim milk then DQ is for you....their product is cheap to make, labor cost low and mark-up high. That's why Warren Buffet bought it.
Dairy Queen legally can't call its product ice cream. They call it "soft serve" - well, that could be Crisco. The FDA says to be considered an "ice cream" the product must contain "not less than 10 percent milkfat, nor less than 10 percent nonfat milk solids."

Last edited by ficoguy; 04-25-2020 at 11:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-25-2020, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com View Post
Not a management problem in this instance. It was very close to Ollie's store and all the Villagers went there instead of Dairy Queen. It was there in 2001 but only lasted a year or two due to it's location. Everyone was intent on supporting a locally owned business apparently. I was very sorry to see it go.
I think the previous poster was referring to the DQ that was at Southern Trace, it's in the exact same building now occupied by Culverts that went out of Business about 2010. It was the one that went out of business due to poor management. I spoke to a waitress at Chilis and she use to work there. Apparently an absentee owner, who had too many young kids working and no one in charge. Same problem with the Krystal Hamburger that went out of business in Leesburg last year. When you ordered, it was like an inconvenience to them to fill your order. BTW, I got a sundae at Ollie's at SS about year ago, and I thought it was terrible.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:42 PM

Have you tried Mystic Ice Cream on 466A, East of Colony Shopping Center? I really enjoy their homemade ice cream. It's not the typical soft serve, but it is soft and they have many flavors you don't often find.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:14 PM

Go to belleview us 301 to the left. Pink building on left
Old 04-25-2020, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
i gave up the personal quarantine over a week ago, it sounded nuts to begin with. there's only so much a normal person can take when there's a massive govt takeover. never before i have ever remembered shutting down the world over being sick. yes, i'm a doubter, go ahead & start the flame war!
Thanks for letting us know. It's important that all of us understand that there are Villagers who are willing to put others (as well as themselves) at risk to satisfy their own personal needs. Irresponsibility and inconsideration for fellow villagers is alive and well. Yes, in these cases, they do walk among us.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-25-2020, 02:50 PM

Did you get an answer on the location of DQ in Leesburg??

Ed O’Brien
Old 04-25-2020, 02:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageGuy2019 View Post
Did you get an answer on the location of DQ in Leesburg??

Ed O’Brien
Posts #33 and #34 explained it all, I'll summarize.

Quote:
It's on 27 a little ways past Pizza Hut, right after Popeye's Chicken. It's just north of where Krystal Hamburgers went in three years, and they failed after two years. That stretch of road is not the best, they really should of gone on the 441 side. We'll see.

Google Maps
Quote:
Yes it's open, I drove by yesterday. Drive through only. I don’t know what their hours are. It is south of 441, on 27.
Old 04-25-2020, 03:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
How could you be so inconsiderate of the rest of us. It is people like you that will cause the death of we that are high risk. Believe the science. Save a life. Maybe even your own. Social distancing has changed the numbers.
Old 04-25-2020, 04:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbwp View Post
Go to belleview us 301 to the left. Pink building on left
???

... for what?

kathy
Old 04-25-2020, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmom View Post
i gave up the personal quarantine over a week ago, it sounded nuts to begin with. There's only so much a normal person can take when there's a massive govt takeover. Never before i have ever remembered shutting down the world over being sick. Yes, i'm a doubter, go ahead & start the flame war!
bait!
Old 04-25-2020, 06:50 PM
Veteran member

I can’t believe all of the negative answers. I just asked a simple question and all go nuts thinking I’m not,staying in. You are probably the ones I see waiting in the parking lot taking to people before you go golfing or hanging around lake Sumter socializing without social distancing. Never again will,I ask anything on this site I’m done.
Old 04-25-2020, 07:13 PM

If you go to Mt. Dora, check out One Flight Up. Not sure if they are open now, but, it's worth checking out. Tell Roger that Barbara Patterson sent you!
Closed Thread

Tags
dairy, queen, cream, ice, serve

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.