Demshar's new location

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2020, 05:43 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanTho View Post
They Demshar's recently received between $ 150,000 to $ 300,000 in Covid-19 relief money that was designated as a " Forgivable Loan ".

The money was obtained through Citizens First Bank.

The location @ Spanish Springs kiss that good-Bye, hello Stonecrest.
Still got over a year to pay on their lease at Spanish Springs. Can't get out of that.
Open and thriving; or closed and shuttered - the rent is still due!

Skip
Old 09-13-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Still got over a year to pay on their lease at Spanish Springs. Can't get out of that.

Skip
I get it.... but in the end it is " Chump Change ". Every single angle is covered.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
I seriously doubt such a business exists in spite of how hard management may try. We have eaten out 4-6 times a week since restaurants reopened. Also shopping at multiple locations and even medical appointments. I have not yet seen a location that was "strictly" adhering to Covid guidelines. Always someone with the mask not over their nose or pulling down the mask to talk. Even went to a medical appointment where most of the staff were not wearing masks. Not an issue keeping us from patronizing these businesses, but do understand there are those with underlying conditions who desire the assurance of safety.
Surely you jest. What practice was your medical appointment, may I ask. I will never go there.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
What are the guidelines in Florida?
The following are practices I personally have seen being adhered to in the restaurants we frequent. I don't have a full list of guidelines as I am not in the restaurant business and do not serve the public but these practices make me feel comfortable when dining out in an indoor venue. We don't dine outside at all during hot weather......

1) All employees wear masks properly covering their nose and mouth all the time (this is very important to us)

2) All patrons wear masks properly, covering their nose and mouth when not eating or drinking (sometimes this is not enforced but I don't strike up a conversation with anyone not wearing a mask who walks past our table)

3) Sanitizing tables when patrons leave

4) Sanitizing plasticized menus after each use if not handing out paper menus which get discarded after each use

5) Spacing tables at least 6 feet apart (this is extremely important to hubby and me)

6) Plexiglass installed to separate booths from adjacent booths if the restaurant is using all booths.

7) No parties more than 10 people (we have not dined out with anyone else other than the two of us during this pandemic)

8) Condiments not on tables but served in individual packets (salt and pepper) or ramekins. Restaurants which used to have peanuts on the table in "buckets", now are serving them in individual small paper bags.

9) If the condiments are on the tables, they are sanitized after each set of patrons leave the table

There are probably many more guidelines that I have missed and/or must be adhered to that are "behind the scenes" but I have no idea what those guidelines entail. I would hope if what I can see is being done is a good indication that the behind the scenes guidelines are also being adhered to. We can only hope!
Old 09-14-2020, 09:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post

Skip
How do you know about their lease?
Old 09-15-2020, 10:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
The following are practices I personally have seen being adhered to in the restaurants we frequent. I don't have a full list of guidelines as I am not in the restaurant business and do not serve the public but these practices make me feel comfortable when dining out in an indoor venue. We don't dine outside at all during hot weather......

1) All employees wear masks properly covering their nose and mouth all the time (this is very important to us)

2) All patrons wear masks properly, covering their nose and mouth when not eating or drinking (sometimes this is not enforced but I don't strike up a conversation with anyone not wearing a mask who walks past our table)

3) Sanitizing tables when patrons leave

4) Sanitizing plasticized menus after each use if not handing out paper menus which get discarded after each use

5) Spacing tables at least 6 feet apart (this is extremely important to hubby and me)

6) Plexiglass installed to separate booths from adjacent booths if the restaurant is using all booths.

7) No parties more than 10 people (we have not dined out with anyone else other than the two of us during this pandemic)

8) Condiments not on tables but served in individual packets (salt and pepper) or ramekins. Restaurants which used to have peanuts on the table in "buckets", now are serving them in individual small paper bags.

9) If the condiments are on the tables, they are sanitized after each set of patrons leave the table

There are probably many more guidelines that I have missed and/or must be adhered to that are "behind the scenes" but I have no idea what those guidelines entail. I would hope if what I can see is being done is a good indication that the behind the scenes guidelines are also being adhered to. We can only hope!
Almost none of these are guidelines required by the state
Old 09-16-2020, 10:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Almost none of these are guidelines required by the state
Really? What then are the guidelines put forth by the state?
Old 09-20-2020, 02:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
How do you know about their lease?
Lease runs through January, 2022.

Skip
Old 09-20-2020, 03:43 PM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default Safe to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Is management adhering to Covid guidelines strictly?
Yes. Cheers at Stone Crest, (Demshar's) observes Corona avoidance guidelines. Proper table spacing and hosts and servers wear masks. We've eaten there 8 times in the past two months and will continue to do so,,, until (hopefully) Demshar's on the Spanish Springs square reopens.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:04 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Demshars needs to open their eyes....abandon up north. The heart of the Villages is below 466a now. Even the esteemed benevolent developer is giving up north now.
Closed Thread

Tags
location, demshars, list, mailing, spanish

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.