Denny's on 441 in TV

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2020, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall22204 View Post
Good advice. Debit cards never leave your hand.

YEP!

In addition, because of all the scanners being found at gas pumps (even those that aren't low-lit, in the boonies)...I'll only use my CC to fill up.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
We had breakfast at Denny's this morning, which was good. When I went to pay with my debit card the lady told me it had been rejected and i had to use another card, which I then gave her another card which was fine. When I got home I checked my account and found out that they had lied to me and my debit card had cleared and was charged. I returned to Denny's and ask for a debit to my account which they would NOT give me. Now I have paid for my meal 2 times and they won't credit my account back for the one they said did not clear. I called the bank and they told me I had to get a credit from Denny's, which Denny's refuses to do. These people are crooks and are lying to people in order to charge two times for the same bill. I will never go back to Denny's and recommend people watch them and how they charge you.
Use a credit card, it is safer overall and much easier to claw back an incorrect payment.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
We had breakfast at Denny's this morning, which was good. When I went to pay with my debit card the lady told me it had been rejected and i had to use another card, which I then gave her another card which was fine. When I got home I checked my account and found out that they had lied to me and my debit card had cleared and was charged. I returned to Denny's and ask for a debit to my account which they would NOT give me. Now I have paid for my meal 2 times and they won't credit my account back for the one they said did not clear. I called the bank and they told me I had to get a credit from Denny's, which Denny's refuses to do. These people are crooks and are lying to people in order to charge two times for the same bill. I will never go back to Denny's and ha recommend people watch them and how they charge you.
The bank can not help you while the charge is in a ‘pending’ status. It usually takes a day or 2 before the charge hard posts and actually debits your account. Most of the time the pending charge goes away because the company doesn’t submit it to complete the charge. If the amount actually does post to your account, then go back to Denny’s and ask again for the reversal credit. If they refuse, then go to your bank and tell them you want to dispute the charge. The bank is obligated to refund you the money and will go after Denny’s to recoup the charge.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
simple, bounce the credit card charge.
debit card

Always be humble and kind.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:39 AM

The hair dresser who won't accept tips on a credit card doesn't deserve one---he/she is just trying to defraud the IRS by not reporting the cash as income.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolson View Post
The bank can not help you while the charge is in a ‘pending’ status. It usually takes a day or 2 before the charge hard posts and actually debits your account. Most of the time the pending charge goes away because the company doesn’t submit it to complete the charge. If the amount actually does post to your account, then go back to Denny’s and ask again for the reversal credit. If they refuse, then go to your bank and tell them you want to dispute the charge. The bank is obligated to refund you the money and will go after Denny’s to recoup the charge.
True for a credit card, but not true for a debit card. Apparently, the OP used debit cards.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Do yourself a favor shred all debit cards in your possession--very dangerous to give strangers access to your bank account
Yes, when asked by my bank if I wanted a debit card I said no. Don't have any, don't want any. Credit cards are much safer.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasetti82 View Post
You usually need a Debit card to receive cash at the ATM or even at the Teller.
No, you can use a regular bank card with no debit card for ATMs.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
YEP!

In addition, because of all the scanners being found at gas pumps (even those that aren't low-lit, in the boonies)...I'll only use my CC to fill up.

Gas Pump Skimmers Caught
Quote:

“One of our investigators actually did some surveillance yesterday afternoon and to his shock, here come these guys in broad daylight, opening up the gas pumps to put in these skimmers,” said Seminole Co. Sheriff’s Office Public Information Officer Bob Kealing.

Yohiry Acosta Herrera and Justo Rodriguez Medina are accused of removing a skimmer from one pump, and installing a skimmer inside a different pump.

“It all just happened within just a few minutes,” Kealing said.

The sheriff’s office says a fraud victim reached out recently, saying the gas station near I-4 was one of the last places they used their hacked credit card.

Skimmers have become a major headache for consumers across Florida.

The Department of Agriculture says in 2019, 1,549 skimmers were found statewide. In the two months of 2020 there have been 168.

“This does happen with frequency. We are out in neighborhoods on any given day surveilling certain places,” Kealing said. “Bad guys be aware, we are on the lookout for these types of things.”

Officials say the suspects were using the skimmers on the pumps at the far end of the gas station. They say people should try and use pumps that are closer to the main building. It’s also important to check to see if the security tape has been tampered with.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:56 AM

We stopped going to Denny's a long time ago...the health standards was very bad
Old 02-28-2020, 07:57 AM

Call “seniors vs. crime” and file a report. They will try to help you by contacting Denny’s. There is no fee for them to do this.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:04 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
There are exceptions. My hairdresser won't accept tips on a cc. Cash is required many times in foreign countries, esp. small villages, and a debit card that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee is a must.

If you get cash at an ATM using your cc, interest starts being charged from the time you take the money out. Plus you have to scour your bill to find that interest charge, because it's not included in the usual transaction part.

I like to tip in cash at places like my dog's groomer, because if you add it to the cc, they have to pay taxes on it.

Oftentimes we will pay cash for meals out rather than having a wait person whisk away our cc.

OP should call the cc company and dispute that charge since the debit people won't help him. He has already contacted the restaurant and verified that they won't help him. That will count with the cc company.
There is a common sense approach to cash/debit card/credit card. First, I use my credit card everywhere possible and get the rewards. Secondly, for the few times I need cash I write a check for cash at the bank (about twice a year) and have access to my cash the few times I need it. I write a personal check maybe 5 times a year. Lastly, I don’t have a debit card/ATM card to carry around. I personally see no need for the debit/ATM card.

This “story” about Denny’s and their manager seems “strange”. Can a restaurant manager be this dumb and inept or is something missing from this “story”? I just wonder...
Old 02-28-2020, 08:07 AM
Default Don't blame Denny's

It is not Denny's problem. It is the card reader, provided by the merchant services Denny's chose. You need to ask Denny's who is its provider or bank and deal with the provider directly. Simple!

Old 02-28-2020, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
No, you can use a regular bank card with no debit card for ATMs.
That is not true for some banks. BB&T doesn't offer a "bank card" that can only be used for cash at ATMs. You have to use their debit card.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:14 AM

not sure why people would want to go to denny's to begin with.
Closed Thread

Tags
dennys, card, account, people, debit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.