Dinner Bell and Mom & Dads

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Eternal Member
Default Dinner Bell and Mom & Dads

I'd like to briefly comment on two off-campus restaurants where the clientèle seems to be a bit more local folks than Villagers. Been to both places a couple times and found them totally delightful. In both, the service was friendly, the food good, and the prices attractive. Both get good crowds, so there could be a wait. M&Ds is primarily Italian while the Bell is more eclectic with some decent German foods.

I'd like to hear comments from others who've tried the places.

Oh, they're both on 441, M&D in Lady Lake and Dinner Bell in Fruitland Park.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 05-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Veteran member
Cool What happened....?

I LOVE Italian food and will definitely try your recommendations when I visit TV.

Wasn't there a thread yesterday about someone who ate at one of those restaurants and didn't want to pay the full amount of the bill? There were 4 people in the party and they ordered the family meal with EXTRA meatballs and they refused to pay for the additional food. The thread has been deleted, so maybe it was a joke ? ? ?
Old 05-14-2009, 07:40 AM

We really enjoy Mom & Dads for Italian. In fact, my husband could go there every week. We also like Naples in Leesburg, however Mom and Dads is so much closer. The food has always been really good and the service always superb.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Naples is great. We thought though the food at Mom and Dads was the worst Italian we have ever had. Maybe I'm spoiled having grown up near "Little Italy" in Chicago.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.