Dinner at Prima Italian Steakhouse last night

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2022, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStCatherine View Post
Dined at Red Sauce this Tuesday and a family was allowed to bring into the indoor dining area their dog on a leash. Energetic dog without a vest - obviously not a service dog..Waiter was not knowledgeable about special request of the kitchen. Food was good though..
Service dogs are not required to wear a vest.
Old 07-31-2022, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz View Post
Same family but owned but different family members. Prima, Havana and Legacy is by Joseph. The others are not owned by him.
Jack, David's "cousin" owns Red Sauce and Glenview. Different ownership, therefore separate rewards program.
Old 07-31-2022, 08:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
My wife and I and another couple made reservations for 4 last night at 6:30pm. The restaurant was crowded, but our reservation was honored on time. I did not like the table they had for us, but instead of making excuses, one of the Suleiman Family members who runs the restaurant overheard and immediately showed us another table that was great.

The Suleiman Family , who own several restaurants in TV, certainly know their business. The entire staff was efficient and friendly. I recognized a few staff from other restaurants and they come over and greeted us and made us feel very welcomed. Our wait staff was great- friendly, knowledgeable and happy to be there.

The menu is terrific. There are so many good choices and the ones I saw looked delicious.. The four of us ordered different dishes and everyone enjoyed their food.

We have not gone out to eat as much as we used to, and usually bring home food from one of the TV restaurants. When we do go out, we want a good experience. Last night was great!

I am not a food critic. This review is only written because there are so many negative reviews about restaurants that I thought it would be nice to hear a positive, when deserved.

We have not had a bad experience at any of the Suleiman run restaurants. They are well run and the food, from our experience is always consistent.

While I will disagree with your review, I will say that the reason there are more negative reviews is due to the younger crowd moving in, and this is a fact, they still have tastebuds that fully work. Remember the older you get the less you taste which is why at a certain point in life the elderly eat a lot of sweets because it's all that is left they can taste.

With that said, I am anticipating the restaurants will have to get better to survive with the younger crowd moving in. The standard level of drab needs to elevate itself.

Sorry but that's my culinary viewpoint on this area in and out of the "bubble"
Old 07-31-2022, 10:00 AM
Veteran member

Always some guy that thinks he's a Keller or a Voltaggio.
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Old 07-31-2022, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie1 View Post
The Suleiman Family Restaurants - Prima, Havana and Lopez Legacy are definitely the best run restaurants in the Villages. We have never had a bad experience at any. I like them so much that I have a VIP Card at each. I do wish I could carry just one VIP card but I am OK with all three. Family members are involved and committed to satisfying the customer. Looking forward to them taking on more properties! The two restaurants, Redsauce and Glenview, mentioned earlier I do not believe are owned by the Suleiman Family Restaurants. Not sure what, if any, tie there is between the two restaurant groups other than the last name of the owners. (Suleiman)
Legacy, Prima and Havana are owned by David Suleiman. His brother Jack owns Red Sauce and Glenview.
Old 07-31-2022, 12:57 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs up

Quote:
My wife and I and another couple made reservations for 4 last night at 6:30pm. The restaurant was crowded, but our reservation was honored on time. I did not like the table they had for us, but instead of making excuses, one of the Suleiman Family members who runs the restaurant overheard and immediately showed us another table that was great.

The Suleiman Family , who own several restaurants in TV, certainly know their business. The entire staff was efficient and friendly. I recognized a few staff from other restaurants and they come over and greeted us and made us feel very welcomed. Our wait staff was great- friendly, knowledgeable and happy to be there.

The menu is terrific. There are so many good choices and the ones I saw looked delicious.. The four of us ordered different dishes and everyone enjoyed their food.

We have not gone out to eat as much as we used to, and usually bring home food from one of the TV restaurants. When we do go out, we want a good experience. Last night was great!

I am not a food critic. This review is only written because there are so many negative reviews about restaurants that I thought it would be nice to hear a positive, when deserved.

We have not had a bad experience at any of the Suleiman run restaurants. They are well run and the food, from our experience is always consistent.
Thanks for a positive review. A rarity on here...
Old 07-31-2022, 01:35 PM
Default Yes!

I love to cook…so we rarely dine out. But..when we do it’s at Prima. Food and MANAGEMENT top notch!
Old 07-31-2022, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Service dogs are not required to wear a vest.
TRUE Service dogs are required to wear a vest while in service/on duty. The minute the vest is off it becomes a pet…this information is from a person that trains Service animals.
Old 07-31-2022, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,727 Times in 5,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
TRUE Service dogs are required to wear a vest while in service/on duty. The minute the vest is off it becomes a pet…this information is from a person that trains Service animals.
Not true. There is no legal requirement for a service animal to wear a vest. Also, there is no requirement for a person with a service animal to provide any documentation or proof that the animal is a service animal. The only thing that the owner needs to do is to say that the animal is trained to perform a service for the owner. That is all that the Federal law requires. And, the animal does not even need to be trained by anyone other than the owner of the animal.
Old 07-31-2022, 05:51 PM

Quote:

DITTO for everything you just said but of our experience at Havanna last night. Everything from the staff to the food was great. We never felt rushed and took our time without pressure to turn tables. Whole experience was just as great as yours. The Suleiman family really knows their business, thank you!!
Old 07-31-2022, 06:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2inOR View Post
Positive vibes all around!

We've discovered the same great service and food. Our first choice when wanting a fine meal and good experience. We've got the VIP cards from Prima and Havana, too. August is my birthday month, too, and we were told the free dinner item is not limited to the actual day.
Free dinner anytime in the month of your birthday
Old 08-01-2022, 06:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
Nope
Old 08-01-2022, 07:39 AM

"...Are service animals required to wear identifying vests?

Quote:
Nope
I think the use of these vests are the opposites. Primary purpose is for people wanting to bring their pets everywhere!

Here is what the ADA regulations say:

Frequently Asked Questions about Service Animals and the ADA
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
--------------------------------------------
Old 08-01-2022, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,670 Times in 1,506 Posts

Quote:
Nope
Great! My 200 lb St. Bernard that is shedding and drools on everything is my service dog. His service is to bring me brandy to warm me up if I get cold in some fancy air conditioned steak house. I know I don't have to tell, but thought I would, just this once.
😏
Old 08-01-2022, 07:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2inOR View Post
"...Are service animals required to wear identifying vests?

I think the use of these vests are the opposites. Primary purpose is for people wanting to bring their pets everywhere!

Here is what the ADA regulations say:

Frequently Asked Questions about Service Animals and the ADA
The fake vests are all over the internet. I owned a dog business and 2 of my trainers trained service dogs. It takes over a year to train them properly. One of trainers did have a disability and had trained a service dog to help her. The dog never ever wore a vest. I have flown with legitimate service ogs on the plane. They never wear vests.
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurants, food, night, staff, suleiman

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.