Disappointed with Piezanos

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2022, 07:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,606 Times in 943 Posts

We ate at Marcos (next to Lowes) last night for the first time. It was good, calzone was tasty too.

I’ve had good experiences at most restaurants inside the bubble.

I’ve also had bad experiences, at least once, at most restaurants inside the bubble. It is a product of crowds, workforce, a bad night.
Things seems to change fairly quickly, new manager, new expeditor in the kitchen, etc.

I give a second chance. If the second chance is bad, ill wait a few months to go back.
Old 03-13-2022, 07:32 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

I make my own pizzas crust and all. Bread machine on the dough setting, dump six ingredients in there and ninety minutes later the dough is ready to roll out and make a fresh pizza. Sometimes I make the sauce other times I cheat with a jar. The best cheese is hand grated rather than already grated because it doesn’t have that anti caking agent . Toppings always include onion and mushrooms but sometimes Italian sausage or ground beef or pepperoni. I have a couple of pizza stones.
Old 03-13-2022, 07:37 AM

Go to Stavros. They have the best pizza around.
Old 03-13-2022, 07:40 AM

Try Roberto’s
Old 03-13-2022, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
I make my own pizzas crust and all. Bread machine on the dough setting, dump six ingredients in there and ninety minutes later the dough is ready to roll out and make a fresh pizza. Sometimes I make the sauce other times I cheat with a jar. The best cheese is hand grated rather than already grated because it doesn’t have that anti caking agent . Toppings always include onion and mushrooms but sometimes Italian sausage or ground beef or pepperoni. I have a couple of pizza stones.
Great! All the Piesanos haters can go to your house, then!
Old 03-13-2022, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
First of all, we've eaten there several times and have mostly been very happy with the food and service. I've never been a big fan of their pizza, it never has enough sauce on it. But I do like many of their other dishes.

Today, my wife was out and asked if she wanted me to pick up pizza and would I call it in. I went on the website to order online.

First of all, when you click on "Order Online" you're sent to a page with three different delivery services. I clicked on each of them and saw that Door Dash was the only one where you could select "pickup" so I went with that.

I selected a pickup time of 4:40. When my wife arrived at 4:40 they couldn't find our order. She called me and I went back into their site and it was very difficult to go back and look at my order. Finally after going back and forth with her and the website and the employee she suggested that the order was lost and that I order again. Just as that happened I found the page that confirmed the order. It turns out that Door Dash orders are kept in a separate area.

I ordered a pizza for my wife with anchovies and pineapple and one for me with mushroom. I also asked for extra sauce on both.

When she arrived home with the cold pizza hers was fine but mine did not have mushrooms. There was no extra sauce but my wonderful wife asked them for some extra sauce on the side which they provided.

Rather that drive all the way back up, I just decided to eat what I had. No mushrooms, no big deal.

But then came worst part. The pizza was terrible. It was tasteless and was like trying to chew rubber. It may have been the worst pizza I've ever had.

Piezanos is always extremely busy and I think that because they are really the only game in town in this area. If another pizza place opens up they could be in trouble.

I will not get pizza again from Piezanos. Like I said I think that some of their Italian specialties are pretty good. Nothing special but good enough. I'll stick with those from now on.
Pineapple and anchovies?
No wonder there were issues A bonafide Pizzeria would cringe at the thought of serving this unholy concoction
Although it sounds like something I might want to try
Old 03-13-2022, 07:50 AM

Totally unnecessary post
Old 03-13-2022, 07:51 AM

I ordered pizza for pickup last week. No issues. It was hot and enjoyable
Old 03-13-2022, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ SLIM View Post
I wish we had a Papa Murphy's here. Mt Dora is a long way from my house. I don't have any experience with frozen pizzas. Does anyone have recommendations?
We get them from Fresh Market, then put on our own toppings and bake at home
Old 03-13-2022, 07:59 AM

Well said mrrmauu
Old 03-13-2022, 08:00 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

Point #1: The OP should have called Piesanos immediately, and asked to speak to the manager. I would bet they would have done right by him. Posting a bad experience on a forum does what? Was the goal to initiate a boycott?

Point #2: What makes a "good" pizza is highly subjective, and is heavily influenced by where a person used to call home. Folks from New York or Chicago will never be satisfied with pizza found around here. Same goes for BBQ. Coming from Kansas City, we have yet to find a place that serves good BBQ. There are a few places that serve up decent Q, but "good?" No...not even close.
Old 03-13-2022, 08:01 AM

Iceland? How interesting!
Old 03-13-2022, 08:01 AM

We like Sammy's on 301 or Bravos
Old 03-13-2022, 08:04 AM
Bella6368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
First of all, we've eaten there several times and have mostly been very happy with the food and service. I've never been a big fan of their pizza, it never has enough sauce on it. But I do like many of their other dishes.

Today, my wife was out and asked if she wanted me to pick up pizza and would I call it in. I went on the website to order online.

First of all, when you click on "Order Online" you're sent to a page with three different delivery services. I clicked on each of them and saw that Door Dash was the only one where you could select "pickup" so I went with that.

I selected a pickup time of 4:40. When my wife arrived at 4:40 they couldn't find our order. She called me and I went back into their site and it was very difficult to go back and look at my order. Finally after going back and forth with her and the website and the employee she suggested that the order was lost and that I order again. Just as that happened I found the page that confirmed the order. It turns out that Door Dash orders are kept in a separate area.

I ordered a pizza for my wife with anchovies and pineapple and one for me with mushroom. I also asked for extra sauce on both.

When she arrived home with the cold pizza hers was fine but mine did not have mushrooms. There was no extra sauce but my wonderful wife asked them for some extra sauce on the side which they provided.

Rather that drive all the way back up, I just decided to eat what I had. No mushrooms, no big deal.

But then came worst part. The pizza was terrible. It was tasteless and was like trying to chew rubber. It may have been the worst pizza I've ever had.

Piezanos is always extremely busy and I think that because they are really the only game in town in this area. If another pizza place opens up they could be in trouble.

I will not get pizza again from Piezanos. Like I said I think that some of their Italian specialties are pretty good. Nothing special but good enough. I'll stick with those from now on.
Try Bravo's @ Sumter Square, you won't be disappointed.
Old 03-13-2022, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

The only pizza I can recommend in The Villages is Giovanni's requesting double cheese. In fact, that may go for the whole state of Florida (excluding Great Chicago Fire Brewing & Tap in Leesburg).
Closed Thread

Tags
pizza, order, wife, sauce, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.