Disappointed with Piezanos

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2022, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Well, since the post in in the sub-forum "Restaurant Discussion", I'd say the owners of the site planned for these types of discussions...

What else would you suggest be posted in this sub-forum? New restaurants? Already posted here... Good reviews? Same..
Good point.
Old 03-13-2022, 04:24 PM

Another vote for NYPD🍕
Old 03-13-2022, 04:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default there are at least a dozen pizza places near the villages

Only game in town, you've got to be kidding, that's not even close to being true. Did you call the manager on the phone and give him the chance to make it right. If not too bad, so sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
First of all, we've eaten there several times and have mostly been very happy with the food and service. I've never been a big fan of their pizza, it never has enough sauce on it. But I do like many of their other dishes.

Today, my wife was out and asked if she wanted me to pick up pizza and would I call it in. I went on the website to order online.

First of all, when you click on "Order Online" you're sent to a page with three different delivery services. I clicked on each of them and saw that Door Dash was the only one where you could select "pickup" so I went with that.

I selected a pickup time of 4:40. When my wife arrived at 4:40 they couldn't find our order. She called me and I went back into their site and it was very difficult to go back and look at my order. Finally after going back and forth with her and the website and the employee she suggested that the order was lost and that I order again. Just as that happened I found the page that confirmed the order. It turns out that Door Dash orders are kept in a separate area.

I ordered a pizza for my wife with anchovies and pineapple and one for me with mushroom. I also asked for extra sauce on both.

When she arrived home with the cold pizza hers was fine but mine did not have mushrooms. There was no extra sauce but my wonderful wife asked them for some extra sauce on the side which they provided.

Rather that drive all the way back up, I just decided to eat what I had. No mushrooms, no big deal.

But then came worst part. The pizza was terrible. It was tasteless and was like trying to chew rubber. It may have been the worst pizza I've ever had.

Piezanos is always extremely busy and I think that because they are really the only game in town in this area. If another pizza place opens up they could be in trouble.

I will not get pizza again from Piezanos. Like I said I think that some of their Italian specialties are pretty good. Nothing special but good enough. I'll stick with those from now on.
Old 03-13-2022, 04:43 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfan View Post
Great! All the Piesanos haters can go to your house, then!
They better be bringing some good bourbon (for me) and be able to put up with a golden retriever/ wiener dog mix that likes attention
Old 03-13-2022, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
I make my own pizzas crust and all. Bread machine on the dough setting, dump six ingredients in there and ninety minutes later the dough is ready to roll out and make a fresh pizza. Sometimes I make the sauce other times I cheat with a jar. The best cheese is hand grated rather than already grated because it doesn’t have that anti caking agent . Toppings always include onion and mushrooms but sometimes Italian sausage or ground beef or pepperoni. I have a couple of pizza stones.
Pizza Sauce

5-7 Cloves Garlic

28 Ounce Can San Marzano Tomatoes

4 Tablespoons Olive Oil

½ Tablespoon Monk Fruit

1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar

½ Tablespoon Kosher Salt

Liberally sprinkle dried fennel on top of the sauce on the pizza before adding other ingredients and baking.

Directions

Put garlic cloves in the foot processor – pulse until chopped (count to 6)

Add remaining ingredients and pulse in food processor until desired size
Still quite chunky

Ready to spoon unto pizza. No cooking necessary but simmering sauce for a while makes a thicker sauce.

Glass jar lasts a couple of weeks in the fridge.
To store longer, spoon into a Ziplock bag and freeze. About 2/3 cup to a 15” diameter pizza = thick sauce.
Old 03-13-2022, 11:29 PM

As a former NY metropolitan area resident and self-proclaimed Aficianado of Pizza, let me say this: You will never get a good pizza from a chain. Nothing that comes through a conveyor oven will ever approach a pie from a "mom & pop" operation. Unfortunately, they are few and far between here in Fla-da. After 10 years, I continue my search for the best, but so far I've found only two legitimate contenders, Formaggio's in Ocala and Riccardo's in Belleview; Sammy's and Roberto's not far behind.
Old 03-14-2022, 05:19 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathB View Post
Pizza Sauce

5-7 Cloves Garlic

28 Ounce Can San Marzano Tomatoes

4 Tablespoons Olive Oil

½ Tablespoon Monk Fruit

1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar

½ Tablespoon Kosher Salt

Liberally sprinkle dried fennel on top of the sauce on the pizza before adding other ingredients and baking.

Directions

Put garlic cloves in the foot processor – pulse until chopped (count to 6)

Add remaining ingredients and pulse in food processor until desired size
Still quite chunky

Ready to spoon unto pizza. No cooking necessary but simmering sauce for a while makes a thicker sauce.

Glass jar lasts a couple of weeks in the fridge.
To store longer, spoon into a Ziplock bag and freeze. About 2/3 cup to a 15” diameter pizza = thick sauce.
Thanks, I will give it a try
Old 03-14-2022, 06:03 AM
Platinum member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkerr View Post
Go to Stavros. They have the best pizza around.
We've always gotten great pizzas from Stavros..
Old 03-14-2022, 07:13 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
Only game in town, you've got to be kidding, that's not even close to being true. Did you call the manager on the phone and give him the chance to make it right. If not too bad, so sad.
Agree.

Been there many times and every time the food is very good.
Flippers has gone down hill.
Bravo, depends on the day.
Old 03-14-2022, 07:25 AM
Default Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNXGuy View Post
We should all be so lucky to have these first world problems
Do people make themselves feel righteous when they respond like this? SMH
Old 03-14-2022, 08:43 AM

Palermos rising crust pizza. Have tried so many other brands and they ended up in the garbage. I was at Winn Dixie and the cashier was asking a customer if the (Palermos ) pizza was good. He stated he had tried them all and was the only one he and wife would eat. I got out of line and picked up two. The supreme was really good! Next comes the cheese with 1/2 pound cheese. I think they were $5 ea for a large.
Old 03-14-2022, 10:43 AM
Veteran member
Angry Piezanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
we’ve had piezanos many times. Last week it was even better than before, one of the best tasting pizzas i’ve ever had. We’ve learned that calling gets much better results than ordering online. Quicker and tastier. In reference to the op’s complaint, take it to the manager, not us. Tired of all the passive aggressive complaining.
it's piesanos, not peizanos
Old 03-14-2022, 11:46 AM

Try Stavos Pizza- Fabulous !
Old 03-14-2022, 12:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
it's piesanos, not peizanos
Correct, Piesanos. And, Paisanos is a completely different pizza chain in the Washington, DC area.

And, while I'm at it, it's Citizens First Bank, not Citizens Bank.
Closed Thread

Tags
pizza, order, wife, sauce, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.