Dominics Closed at LSL

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2008, 04:32 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Dominics Closed at LSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSGreys03

You have no idea what you are talking about the rent is not 2,000 or 3,000.00 no where near that I was try about 15,000.00 a month! Whiskey Creek was paying 15,000.00 a month so sir I know for a fact that Doms was paying near that... No one could start a restruant at the price is cost to start a new resturant and pay 15,000 for rent get your story right
I tried to interpret and think maybe i got your gist. it doesn't matter if the asking price/rent is 2,000, 15,000, or 50,000. if there are customers/renters who want to pay the price, it's valid. if not, it's too high.

you say, i think, that no one can start a restaurant while paying 15,000 rent. maybe so, maybe not, but that's the problem of the renter, not the developer. if you know you cannot support that overhead, don't open. it does the owner/developer no good to have failing businesses.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 08-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Veteran member

It's not all economics 101...rents are too high. There is a high rate of failure, particularly in restaurants and lots of empty store fronts so you don't quite get the feeling that all is well here. A lively, bustling Lake Sumter Landing with lots of open stores is really one of the capstones that says success. Walking around in that environment makes you want to live here..empty storefronts and closed restaurants are problematical. Something is amiss in the business plan that drove these rents (Yes, Whiskey Creek and Dominics did pay rents close to those numbers). So, you have to turn tables 3x at restaurants and have a VERY lively bar and banquet schedule just to survive. Yes, there is supply and demand and then there is realistic supply and demand that adjusts to the economic conditions. Can't wait to see if something decent goes into Dominc's and Whiskey Creek and how long they last. It's all very interesting.....
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 08-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Platinum member

Goldie: Go talk to Sandy Bonnie at Garvinos. They are looking for fresh talent.

Skip
Old 09-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Platinum member

Goldie...: Is this Keith and his wife?

Skip
Old 09-05-2008, 03:20 AM
Send a message via AIM to vitacr

For what it's worth..............I heard the latest scuttlebut is they will build an outside bar (like Urban Flats) and then reopen.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.