Down to 3

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2018, 05:01 PM
Sage
Default Down to 3

We went to an un-named restaurant in SS- over the weekend-the bar was filthy-, until the bar person cleaned it--order lamb shank--came out cold-which indicates, it was premade and was nuked--

Now to the only 3 places left for us in TV--Arnold Palmer, Cane Garden & Tierra Del Sol

Food made fresh and a wait staff that cares-
Old 03-21-2018, 05:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

I'm guessing before it's all said and done you'll be down to zero..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 03-21-2018, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
We went to an un-named restaurant in SS- over the weekend-the bar was filthy-, until the bar person cleaned it--order lamb shank--came out cold-which indicates, it was premade and was nuked--

Now to the only 3 places left for us in TV--Arnold Palmer, Cane Garden & Tierra Del Sol

This isn't meant to be a slam in any way, but might you not be happier in a larger Florida city? Tampa, maybe, or Fort Meyers or Lauderdale? The quality of food, whether in a restaurant or bought to cook at home, is very important to you. I love to cook and sometimes feel accessibility to quality and/or esoteric items is limited here on the shelf. Just wondering. You seem to have the means to live in a variety of places.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Tierra Del Sol??? You must be kidding! For the life of me I cannot figure out why. The food here is down right mediocre at best.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:20 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

You do have to agree that the quality of the food choices in the Villages is limited. I have usually been able to find a go to really good place to eat most everywhere in the world. But that is just not true here. There are some OK places, and places I will go back to, but for the most part they are mediocre at best. And yet I can travel outside the Villages for say 30 miles or less and find several good places. Several steps above what we have here.

I have heard all the reasons why this is so, but none of them seem to be the true root cause. And I don't know what the real problem is, but there has to be some common problem to have over a 100 restaurants in a "city" and none of them are a standout. Any other comparable size place with that many places to eat will always have several really good places.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:03 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Either I have low standards, weak taste buds, or I'm just easily pleased, but I find I enjoy meals from many TV establishments. They may not be Narcoossee's, Ruth's Chris, Smith and Wollensky, Delmonico's or Lee and Rick's Oyster Bar, all of which I have enjoyed, but they give me pleasure at reasonable prices.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:32 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
This isn't meant to be a slam in any way, but might you not be happier in a larger Florida city? Tampa, maybe, or Fort Meyers or Lauderdale? The quality of food, whether in a restaurant or bought to cook at home, is very important to you. I love to cook and sometimes feel accessibility to quality and/or esoteric items is limited here on the shelf. Just wondering. You seem to have the means to live in a variety of places.
I agree CFrance. I'm not sure why anyone would live in a place that doesn't have something that seems to be a high priority. Villages restaurants are very busy, so things aren't going to change anytime soon. If it's so important - go to Orlando or Tampa or Ocala to dine out. Or move to a city that has higher quality restaurants.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:52 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Either I have low standards, weak taste buds, or I'm just easily pleased, but I find I enjoy meals from many TV establishments. They may not be Narcoossee's, Ruth's Chris, Smith and Wollensky, Delmonico's or Lee and Rick's Oyster Bar, all of which I have enjoyed, but they give me pleasure at reasonable prices.
Same here. In the development of the villages I personally don't believe the country clubs were ever destined to be high end establishments given, I guessing the majority of residents live on fixed incomes. Sure. We are all blessed to be living here and enjoying whatever culinary delights we can find.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

///
Old 03-22-2018, 06:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
///
I was thinking the same thing.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-22-2018 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:37 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Must be why Mom & Dad like my cooking.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:27 AM
Sage

Boy-oh-boy am I glad my dining out standards aren't as high as some people's.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,932 Times in 2,455 Posts

Quote:

Be thankful you have 3 I don't have any
Old 03-22-2018, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,932 Times in 2,455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
You do have to agree that the quality of the food choices in the Villages is limited. I have usually been able to find a go to really good place to eat most everywhere in the world. But that is just not true here. There are some OK places, and places I will go back to, but for the most part they are mediocre at best. And yet I can travel outside the Villages for say 30 miles or less and find several good places. Several steps above what we have here.

I have heard all the reasons why this is so, but none of them seem to be the true root cause. And I don't know what the real problem is, but there has to be some common problem to have over a 100 restaurants in a "city" and none of them are a standout. Any other comparable size place with that many places to eat will always have several really good places.
I've only found couple eating establishments in Florida worth going back and there not around here. For me Food and fruit tastes like (fill in the blanks) Down here. Good thing my wifes good cook or I would thinner that Twiggy?
Old 03-22-2018, 10:26 AM

I've been to Evan's Prairie country club 4 times since Nov. and all four dinners were delicious, hot and served by courteous staff. They seem pretty consistent. Try them.
Closed Thread

Tags
bar, tv--arnold, palmer, garden, cane

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.