Edna's food truck closing

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2023, 04:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts
Default Edna's food truck closing

The article won't post on this site but the article in the news site says "more permanent digs" will be replacing the food trucks at Edna's On The Green.
Old 10-11-2023, 05:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
The article won't post on this site but the article in the news site says "more permanent digs" will be replacing the food trucks at Edna's On The Green.
Was announced by TV on Vmail, awhile back, because Edna’s is so popular, a permanent structure restaurant will be built. Existing bar building, and check in area, will remain, and hopefully they will find space for a larger parking lot.

We had bid on about eight houses down from Ednas parking Lot with a view of the pitch and putt. Kind of glad we didn’t get it, because I really wouldn’t want to be looking at a restaurant instead of view.
Old 10-11-2023, 06:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Here's the Sun article in case you haven't seen it:

Ednas’ on the Green plans expanded dining | News | The Villages Daily Sun | thevillagesdailysun.com

The food trucks have been relocated and construction is starting.
Old 10-20-2023, 11:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

You can only hope the food gets better. Was there last week and the tenders were horrible. The prices are comparable to a sit down place, but the quality is not.
Old 10-20-2023, 12:38 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Because of its limits, not a fan of food trucks except on a temporary basis. Sounds like a permanent restaurant would be a considerable improvement for this area of TV.
Old 10-20-2023, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Because of its limits, not a fan of food trucks except on a temporary basis. Sounds like a permanent restaurant would be a considerable improvement for this area of TV.
Then again how many restaurants in TV are an improvement over out of the bubble. Keep waiting for more than one restaurant than I can actually say, I really enjoy the food and service at _______________
Old 10-20-2023, 09:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Then again how many restaurants in TV are an improvement over out of the bubble. Keep waiting for more than one restaurant than I can actually say, I really enjoy the food and service at _______________
We do enjoy Havana CC.
Old 10-20-2023, 09:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
I'm with you! Far too many "average" restaurants. Like you told me on another thread, you can always buy a home in Palm Beach.

Last edited by Randall55; 10-20-2023 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-21-2023, 04:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
I'm with you! Far too many "average" restaurants. Like you told me on another thread, you can always buy a home in Palm Beach.
I will be heading to Palm Beach, for a month early next year, can’t wait. One doesn’t need to live elsewhere, one just needs to drive to better food
Heading to Gainesville Tuesday, we have to plan night before to narrow the list of where do we want to eat really good food today
Old 10-21-2023, 01:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
I will be heading to Palm Beach, for a month early next year, can’t wait. One doesn’t need to live elsewhere, one just needs to drive to better food
Heading to Gainesville Tuesday, we have to plan night before to narrow the list of where do we want to eat really good food today
Funny, when I go on vacation, I make plans on where to eat, too! Geez! The restaurants in the Villages are bad. Eat at them for a month or so, and you can't wait to leave the bubble.
Old 10-21-2023, 02:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Funny, when I go on vacation, I make plans on where to eat, too! Geez! The restaurants in the Villages are bad. Eat at them for a month or so, and you can't wait to leave the bubble.
The longer we are here the more we agree with you.
Old 10-21-2023, 05:22 PM

Quote:
The restaurants in the Villages are bad. Eat at them for a month or so, and you can't wait to leave the bubble.
How often do you people eat out? We eat restaurant food, on average, once a week. If you have 5 or 6 places that you like and rotate them, you never get tired or disappointed. Try a new one every couple of months on the recommendation of someone else with similar tastes. Yes, there are lots of lousy places here, but there are enough decent ones that it's not worth complaining.

Also, Leesburg, Wildwood, etc are short drives.

Last edited by Pugchief; 10-22-2023 at 02:08 PM. Reason: typo/spelling
Old 10-21-2023, 05:50 PM
Veteran member

I didn't like the food. But, the ice cream cones were good.
Old 10-21-2023, 06:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post
How often do yo people eat out? We eat restaurant food, on average, once a week. If you have 5 or 6 places that you like and rotate them, you never get tired or disappointed. Try a new on every couple of months on the recommendation of someone else with similar tastes. Yes, there are lots of lousy places here, but there are enough decent ones that it's not worth complaining.

Also, Leesburg, Wildwood, etc are short drives.
We go out 2-3 times a week for dinner and perhaps once a week for lunch. Find restaurants outside the bubble more tolerable than ones inside but overall food much better where we came from in NYC.

Still love it here though.
Closed Thread

Tags
ednas, food, truck, closing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.