Ernest Hemingway's at Havana

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2014, 08:08 AM

They put a sause on their flat bread that is outstanding. changed the interior of the place and got some good servers. Will go back again, and again. Finally made it into a good restaurant.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:17 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Good to hear the positive news!!!

Old 04-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Default Hemingway's

I went to lunch there on Saturday with 15 women.. We had a reservation on the patio, but, when we arrived. They told us they could not accommodate us until 2 p.m.
However, around 1:30 we were able to get two tables across from each other, but only inside!!!! yuck!

However, the waiters were friendly and helpful.. The meals look delicious and everyone commented the food was good. I had a hamburger with no roll and it was cooked perfect...There was also a kale slaw that came with the sandwich, that I did not eat. But, everyone said they loved it.

So, overall it was a good day!https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...igApplause.gif
Old 04-30-2014, 02:56 PM
Sage
Default Very pleased

Went to Hemingways for lunch today and am pleased to report that the food was really good. I had mushroom Brie soup with tea sandwiches. The sandwiches were on mini croissants and there were two of them, One with ham salad and one with egg salad. Both were really good. One other person had the quiche with a side kale salad. The kale salad was wonderful! The other ladies had sandwiches which they were both pleased with. The service was very good in the beginning but then our server left for a long time and it was hard to get her back to the table for our checks. She was very kind though. We will go back to try dinner. I can't wait!
Old 05-02-2014, 07:00 AM

Mixed feeling. Wife's fillet excellent my paella was very dry and you needed a microscope to find the seafood. While waiting for a table we were directed to the covered seating area for a drink. I sat on a cushion which was so wet I had to go home and change. When I told the manager that he should block off chairs which were wet due to golfer coming in from the rain, he said yes I told them about that. Not even an apology. Disappointed in his lack of proper response.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:16 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
I, for one, do not like the foo foo colors in some of the restaurants and rec centers. White and frilly belong in ladies' lunch spots. Dark woods and leather and bamboo and mahogany are condusive to warm, romantic interludes. Havana has always had the atmosphere, but lacked quality food and service. Thing are looking up!
Agree....sneak a book in too
Old 05-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmonaco View Post
Mixed feeling. Wife's fillet excellent my paella was very dry and you needed a microscope to find the seafood. While waiting for a table we were directed to the covered seating area for a drink. I sat on a cushion which was so wet I had to go home and change. When I told the manager that he should block off chairs which were wet due to golfer coming in from the rain, he said yes I told them about that. Not even an apology. Disappointed in his lack of proper response.
I agree about the Paella......dry, bland and lacking seafood, however, for a real treat try the Shrimp & Grits!!!!!!!!

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 05-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Platinum member
Default Hemingway's Great!

Had dinner there last night and both husband and I had the duck. It was wonderful. Served with a stuffing and green beans. Service was good. We had to wait but we arrived at 5pm and expected to so we sat outside in the breezeway with friends and had a cocktail. Wait time flew and waitresses outside were terrific. Definitely happy with the improvements in this restaurant.
Nancy
Old 05-07-2014, 04:23 PM

we tried it....the food was so so but very $$$$$$$ and the place is still dark and depressing!!! not going back !!! no one smiles there...all employees very sad!!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie01 View Post
we tried it....the food was so so but very $$$$$$$ and the place is still dark and depressing!!! not going back !!! no one smiles there...all employees very sad!!!!
Oddly enough my wife and I and our next door neighbors were just talking about how reasonable the prices are for the quality of the food and the creativity of the menu.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Hemingway's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Oddly enough my wife and I and our next door neighbors were just talking about how reasonable the prices are for the quality of the food and the creativity of the menu.
Totally agree the food is very reasonable for the quality. We ate dinner there last night and tonight and the 4 entrees were terrific. I had the paella tonight and there was plenty of seafood and it was moist. All of the staff were smiling and friendly. The restaurant is very busy so there are plenty of Villager's who like the restaurant.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Dinner with neighbors at Havanna 2 nights ago. After very bad experiences had not been there in 18 mos.
What a great surprise. Great service, place looks very nice and all four meals were clearly outstanding.
IMHO is one of the two best CC in TV --

Management is the whole difference
Old 05-17-2014, 07:58 PM
Veteran member

I've eaten there twice since the re opening. Food and service was great both times. For a real treat try the Calamari. The staff has been wonderful on both occasions. My new favorite country club.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I know this post is old, but I have to chime in anyway. I like the soothing, dark decor at Hemingway so much better than, say, the bright, fake beachy, noisy atmosphere of Bonifay. I've spent a lot of winters in Key West and gone on a lot of home tours there, and this is typical tropical decor.

Not to mention the shrimp & grits are wonderful, the waitress was cheerful and professional, and regardless of what my husband says, the kale slaw is great! I give it a thumbs up.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:38 PM

Four of us had dinner at Hemingway tonight.... Awesome and service was great.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.