Evans Prairie CC Soft Opening

Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
They should proof read their "about" description for errors.
I found 14. Am I the winner?
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 10-28-2012, 07:27 AM
Eternal Member

8 of us went to have dinner last night. All 8 of us had something different. Food was very good & our waiter, Tony, did an excellent job. After, we went to the bar & had some delicious martinis and other drinks. All very good.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Veteran member

Look forward to our trip to Evans Prairie. When Bonifay opened, I found their fish and chips to be fluffy and juicy so went back again and again. Wonder what special wonder awaits us at Evans Prairie. Have signed up for their e-mail so looking forward to a free $15 appetizer.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:50 PM

We had lunch at Evans Prairie yesterday and all was fantastic and the service was superb. The staff all seemed so happy too and all knew what they were doing. The manager came by ( we knew him well from Bonifay) and he said the happy hour has been changed to 2-5 and 8-10. That made us very happy because we like to have cocktails before dinner and like to eat around 6. 2-4 was too early for us. I believe they will have more food sales with the happy hour by adding that 5 o'clock hour. Definitely, they will get our business.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Sage

How about 2-10. Were there around 5:10 yesterday and had a not so happy hour; however, the Mahi sandwich was outstanding. Hot and flavored perfectly!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Sage

I guess from the menu they aren't interested in serving breakfast.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Gold member

My wife and I went there last night for dinner and today for lunch. Last night I had Shepards Pie and my wife had meat loaf. The Shepards pie was OK. I have had better. My wife said the meatloaf was good. We had an exceptional waitress named Michelle who told us that she had never been a waitress before. I would have to say that her service was on the top of my list. She was great. Today for lunch I had a country fried steak and the wife had a patty melt. The country fried steak needed more white sauce and the patty melt according to my wife was greasy, probably due to the fried onions. One again the service was fine. I believe the prices are a little bit high here. The decor is very nice. Personally I still think that Cane and Lopez are the two best country club restaurants in the villages.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 10-28-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
How about 2-10. Were there around 5:10 yesterday and had a not so happy hour; however, the Mahi sandwich was outstanding. Hot and flavored perfectly!
2-10 would be nice for us but not so good for the establishment. You just missed happy hour for drink discounts at 5:10. But what made your hour not so happy?

I had a salmon BLT sandwich yesterday and it was outstanding. I can't wait to get another one-it was so delicious!
Old 10-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Sage

Actually we asked the waitress and she said 2-4 yesterday. Maybe he changed the times today! Not so happy 'cause had to pay full price for a glass of wine and there are so many happy hours in TV it's unusual to have to do that.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Platinum member
Default Menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
can't find a web site for menu
The Villages Gourmet Club already has the menu posted on their great website.
Also, according to them, Half Price Happy Hour is 2-5 PM not 4 PM.

Skip
Old 10-29-2012, 11:21 PM
Gold member

Our golf group ate there Monday evening. The good news is that happy hour was extended to 5 PM (still a little early compared with many other places). The bad news is that they only had four beers on happy hour and three of them were light beers (ugh). The only non-light beer was Yeungling which is tolerable .... but they were out of it. Hopefully being out of it is just a growing pain issue, but it certainly would be nice to have some real beer selections other than pretend beer.

The reaction to the food from our group of 8 was mixed. We loved the decor though and thought the glassed off seperate rooms was great for noise control without feeling boxed in. I'm sure we will try it again and hope the beer selection and food can be brought up to match the decor, layout and friendly service.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Five of us had dinner there tonight. There was a bit of a wait but not bad. Service was great and the food was the best I have had in the villages.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Default Evans Prairie Menu Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy1j View Post
Thanks for the info! Golf-tinker, is the menu online, or how did you see it? What was different/interesting on the menu?
The address for the online menu is:

evansprairierestaurant.com
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.