Fenney Grill

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I like to look at the positive side of negative replies. The more people that say they won't go back to the Fenney Grille, the easier it will be for those of us who live there to get in without a long wait. As far as the other restaurants, we have very few complaints. When we purchased our home we were hesitant to go to the German Restaurant and Cody's in Brownwood due to some nasty reviews. We tried them and found both to have very good food and excellent service, we will continue to patronize both. There are two that we really didn't care for, I won't name them as I feel all deserve at least a second chance and if not satisfied we'll simply not go there in the future but will not bash them here. There seem to be plenty of restaurants within TV and in the neighboring communities and surely a few of them would be satisfactory to most residents. We are new and can't wait to try them all, good or bad they will be an experience then on to the next one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I so agree with this. I'm easy to please and I like many restaurants here and I will say I like them. There are a few I don't like. I have no need to bash them and say "I'm never going there again", I just don't go. I never want anyplace to close. As long as other people like it and the restaurant is making enough to run their business, it's fine by me. There's lots of choices here.

The bashers on here make we want to scream!
Old 07-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post

We are going to take a drive over to Fenney tomorrow for a late lunch. Anxious to see what it's like. We have a couple of friends who are working there.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I can relate to your urges.

I feel the same way, when anyone posts a bad experience or anything hinting of being a negative... and they are immediately attacked.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I like to look at the positive side of negative replies. The more people that say they won't go back to the Fenney Grille, the easier it will be for those of us who live there to get in without a long wait. As far as the other restaurants, we have very few complaints. When we purchased our home we were hesitant to go to the German Restaurant and Cody's in Brownwood due to some nasty reviews. We tried them and found both to have very good food and excellent service, we will continue to patronize both. There are two that we really didn't care for, I won't name them as I feel all deserve at least a second chance and if not satisfied we'll simply not go there in the future but will not bash them here. There seem to be plenty of restaurants within TV and in the neighboring communities and surely a few of them would be satisfactory to most residents. We are new and can't wait to try them all, good or bad they will be an experience then on to the next one.
If you haven't already been, go to Cane Garden and try the meatloaf...mmm good! During my visits to The Villages, I have only had one meal that wasn't very good. The rest of the restaurants have either been good or very good. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I so agree with this. I'm easy to please and I like many restaurants here and I will say I like them. There are a few I don't like. I have no need to bash them and say "I'm never going there again", I just don't go. I never want anyplace to close. As long as other people like it and the restaurant is making enough to run their business, it's fine by me. There's lots of choices here.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Many like me, enjoy simply prepared things like the egg sandwich.

Many like me grow tired of some posters food snobbery.

I am particularly hurt by folks who have never been to the "fly over" states not realizing that good food is National.

Unless a person has eaten white sweet corn less than two hours out of an Ohio field placed in boiling water for four minutes, slathered with creamery butter and salt and pepper they have missed one of the culinary pleasures of life.

Good food is available in The Villages. Maybe not the kind that everyone had back home, but it is available.
Fincel's Sweet Corn of Dubuque, Iowa rules! My dad bought some today...first sweet corn of the season.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,512 Times in 1,912 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Fincel's Sweet Corn of Dubuque, Iowa rules! My dad bought some today...first sweet corn of the season.
Sigh. You must have had both with your sis in Cincinnati.

Makes me sad to think there is something better than Ohio corn and I have missed it.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Sigh. You must have had both with your sis in Cincinnati.

Makes me sad to think there is something better than Ohio corn and I have missed it.
My sister from Cincinnati (actually Covington, KY) was just in Iowa for the 4th of July weekend to visit my dad so she just missed the Iowa sweet corn. She will have to cross the Ohio river to get some Ohio sweet corn to cook in her newly remodeled kitchen.

If you hop in the car now, drive non-stop, I think you will reach Iowa by Sunday night. Sweet corn is sold 7 days a week at Fincel's farm stands in Dubuque.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:19 PM

Fenney Grille... We recommend the cheesesteak and blue cheese burger salad. We are happy carnivores. 🙋
Old 07-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Dancing Thyme

I went there yesterday with a couple of girlfriends. Got there around 1:30 thinking we'd miss the rush... Not so. There was an hour wait for inside and outside tables. We finally did get seats at the bar where we had very good chicken tenders appetizers and some soft drinks. When we were seated at our table, we were freezing to death and asked the front desk if we could move outside since there were many open tables now. She reluctantly let us move and we were so pleased.

The food was good, not great, rather bland. We had French dip but it doesn't compare to City Fire's French dip but at least it was tender. Our wait staff both inside and outside were extremely nice. It was an enjoyable event but doubt I'll return for awhile.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 07-08-2017, 08:27 PM
Eternal Member

We went for our first time tonight. We had a great time cause a few of our favorite bartenders are there. Had a few drinks and a reuben with fries. It was very good. No complaints. We'll go again soon because we know a few of the employees and we really like them.
Took a ride around and thought it was very nice.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:35 PM

Love the Fenny Grill, especially their breakfast. Omar, the manager is very personable and accommodating. Beautiful setting as well.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Platinum member

I thought someone postedd that hours had been tightened up to mornings and then reopening 3-5pm. Are they open all day?
Old 07-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
i thought someone postedd that hours had been tightened up to mornings and then reopening 3-5pm. Are they open all day?
8:00 - 5:00
Old 07-10-2017, 06:21 PM

Went for lunch today at 12:00 20 minute wait. Freezing cold inside. Food was good but it took a long time for staff to process credit card.

Tags
fenney, mins, inside, grill, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.