Fenney Grill

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2017, 05:35 PM
Platinum member
Default Fenney Grill

Went to the Fenney Grill today for lunch.
Empty tables both inside and outside.
So WHY is the wait 20+ minutes for outside and 30+ minutes for imside.

Nice but I wouldn't go back.

Last edited by patfla06; 07-05-2017 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Maybe they seat customers at tables according to the number of wait staff they have available at that particular time.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Common sense rules.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

You want to provide a total experience for perspective customers. Dazzle them, don't make them wait.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2017, 09:21 PM
Veteran member

We were there last weekend and had a great experience

Old 07-06-2017, 07:23 AM
Sage

Too call eating at any restaurant in the villages GREAT is a reach--IMHO- the best restaurants in the villages should be rated good but not great--compared to real restaurants--they are 3 star establishments on a good day
Old 07-06-2017, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Too call eating at any restaurant in the villages GREAT is a reach--IMHO- the best restaurants in the villages should be rated good but not great--compared to real restaurants--they are 3 star establishments on a good day
It all depends on a lot of things how we feel about food. AND COST enters into it for most of us. AND booze isn't a factor for many.

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-06-2017 at 07:29 AM.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:10 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
HEAR!!! HEAR!!!

It's at best casual fast food for the masses. Nothing to complain too much about and nothing to rave about either.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:44 PM

Fenney Grille has limited hours now. Our waitress last week told us that they are open for breakfast and a late lunch/early dinner from 3 PM to 5 PM. We had a great experience. The food was fabulous. Our server was excellent. It will only get better!
Old 07-07-2017, 07:15 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

What did you have that was fabulous?
Old 07-07-2017, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
What did you have that was fabulous?
Many like me, enjoy simply prepared things like the egg sandwich.

Many like me grow tired of some posters food snobbery.

I am particularly hurt by folks who have never been to the "fly over" states not realizing that good food is National.

Unless a person has eaten white sweet corn less than two hours out of an Ohio field placed in boiling water for four minutes, slathered with creamery butter and salt and pepper they have missed one of the culinary pleasures of life.

Good food is available in The Villages. Maybe not the kind that everyone had back home, but it is available.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:26 AM
Sage

As far as breakfasts go the best breakfasts ever, was on some of the submarines I served on-every sun filet mignon with eggs on top, real navy SOS, hot rolls with melted butter--hot cakes-only problem you had to wolf it down in 15 minutes prior to going on watch
Old 07-07-2017, 09:38 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

I like to look at the positive side of negative replies. The more people that say they won't go back to the Fenney Grille, the easier it will be for those of us who live there to get in without a long wait. As far as the other restaurants, we have very few complaints. When we purchased our home we were hesitant to go to the German Restaurant and Cody's in Brownwood due to some nasty reviews. We tried them and found both to have very good food and excellent service, we will continue to patronize both. There are two that we really didn't care for, I won't name them as I feel all deserve at least a second chance and if not satisfied we'll simply not go there in the future but will not bash them here. There seem to be plenty of restaurants within TV and in the neighboring communities and surely a few of them would be satisfactory to most residents. We are new and can't wait to try them all, good or bad they will be an experience then on to the next one.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I like to look at the positive side of negative replies. The more people that say they won't go back to the Fenney Grille, the easier it will be for those of us who live there to get in without a long wait. As far as the other restaurants, we have very few complaints. When we purchased our home we were hesitant to go to the German Restaurant and Cody's in Brownwood due to some nasty reviews. We tried them and found both to have very good food and excellent service, we will continue to patronize both. There are two that we really didn't care for, I won't name them as I feel all deserve at least a second chance and if not satisfied we'll simply not go there in the future but will not bash them here. There seem to be plenty of restaurants within TV and in the neighboring communities and surely a few of them would be satisfactory to most residents. We are new and can't wait to try them all, good or bad they will be an experience then on to the next one.
I so agree with this. I'm easy to please and I like many restaurants here and I will say I like them. There are a few I don't like. I have no need to bash them and say "I'm never going there again", I just don't go. I never want anyplace to close. As long as other people like it and the restaurant is making enough to run their business, it's fine by me. There's lots of choices here.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:43 AM

My wife and I went there a couple of weeks ago for breakfast, thought it was great! Came with free grits!
Closed Thread

Tags
fenney, mins, inside, grill, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.