First Watch reviews

Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2011, 04:15 PM

I'm just sneaking in from lurkdom to say my husband and I started a list of all the best food/best bargains in the Villages and we pay close attention to the posters' suggestions on your forum. Since we bought our home in Pennecamp, we've been blown away by the number of restaurant bargains here.
Let's see Red Sauce meals for two for $15, Bonefish Grills' Bang/Bang shrimp on Wed., etc.
We have a First Watch in Faifax, VA that has incredible food at very good prices, so I was excited to hear they have one in the Villages. It's sometimes crowded though. We like Toujay's too.
We have five more 2/3 week trips down before we can live here permanently.
In the meantime, I'll keep making my lists of where to eat out, fun clubs and travel bargains.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Carolyn View Post

I'm just sneaking in from lurkdom to say my husband and I started a list of all the best food/best bargains in the Villages and we pay close attention to the posters' suggestions on your forum. Since we bought our home in Pennecamp, we've been blown away by the number of restaurant bargains here.
Let's see Red Sauce meals for two for $15, Bonefish Grills' Bang/Bang shrimp on Wed., etc.
We have a First Watch in Faifax, VA that has incredible food at very good prices, so I was excited to hear they have one in the Villages. It's sometimes crowded though. We like Toujay's too.
We have five more 2/3 week trips down before we can live here permanently.
In the meantime, I'll keep making my lists of where to eat out, fun clubs and travel bargains.
Thanks guys, I'm always interested in where the deals are.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Sage

Sorry all but I have to chuckle a bit. Living in Upstate NY our average breakfast is 25.00! My husband has an omelette, side of sliced tomatoes, and 2 cans of tomato juice and I have coffee, one french toast, and home fries. They charge 50 cents extra because I ask for real maple syrup, not processed. We eat out almost every Sunday and our bill is generally 25.00. I guess we won't have such sticker shock when we move there when we go to breakfast.

As far as review of restaurants go, we all have different taste buds so our opinions will differ. I think what has an impact is when we see multiple bad reviews, then a red flag goes up. We own a business in NY and believe me you can't please everyone. Each to their own. I can't wait to be a Villager to I can try multiple restaurants and eateries. We love to eat out. Please let me know what your favorites and not so favorites are so we can check them out. We really enjoy Nancy Lopez Restaurant. We've also eaten breakfast at Perkins. That's about as far as we've gotten while visiting.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
We love to eat out. Please let me know what your favorites and not so favorites are so we can check them out. We really enjoy Nancy Lopez Restaurant. We've also eaten breakfast at Perkins. That's about as far as we've gotten while visiting.
Have you been to http://home.comcast.net/~thevillagesgourmetclub/ yet? If not, check it out. I think you'll like what informtion is there!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 12-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Default Good Breakfast

Good inexpensive breakfast is hard to find in the villages however the New York deli located in Southern Trace plaza serves great breakfast sandwiches with REAL eggs I might add, and their bagels that are shipped in from NY. If it's a quick breakfast you're looking for this might be the place to try. Being from NJ I had a hard time finding Taylor Ham porkroll except at Publix but now I can get it already made there with eggs and cheese. First Watch is good food but I thought I'd give everyone another option for breakfast.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions Den View Post
Good inexpensive breakfast is hard to find in the villages
You will have to give Katie Belle's breakfast buffet a try on the weekends. You cannot beat the price and you are good for the day.

VG
Old 12-10-2011, 05:02 PM

We love First Watch and are so excited that one opened here. We have been to this one four times and have been happy. If something is not right, they are quick to rectify it. Today we had the Trifecta: two eggs, bacon or sausage, and a Belgian waffle. Last time I had the eggs Benedict and it was great! We don't go out for breakfast all the time so when we do we like it to be special.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Geezer View Post
You will have to give Katie Belle's breakfast buffet a try on the weekends. You cannot beat the price and you are good for the day.

VG
I am a big fan of First Watch and go fairly often, but I have to say I was VERY impressed with the Katie Bell's steak and egg special ($4.88 on Mondays, with $.88 cent cup of coffee) which I tried for the first time this week. I went back again this week and got corned beef hash, two eggs, excellent home fried potatoes for under $4 (and coffee for $.88). The food is very good, the service was great, and you are right--the price cannot be beat. Not a fan of buffets (I usually eat too much), but I am a new Katie bell's fan for breakfast.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 03-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Sage

Went to First Watch for first time today for lunch - impressed with menu, food, service and prices!

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.