Menus?

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2015, 11:45 PM
Default Menus?

Is there a central listing or location to get a copy of the menus for all of the country club restaurants in The Villages? Love looking at others' ratings, but don't know where to start to decide where to eat. Thanks.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:00 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

This site might be of assistance to you:
The Villages Gourmet Club Restaurant Review Site

Cannot vouch for the accuracy of menu items/ratings there but it is something to start with! Maybe you will want to join their club!

If a restaurant has a website/facebook page the name of the restaurant will highlight when you move the mouse over it and you can click on it to go there where you will likely find a menu.

Old 12-14-2015, 01:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licismom View Post
Is there a central listing or location to get a copy of the menus for all of the country club restaurants in The Villages? Love looking at others' ratings, but don't know where to start to decide where to eat. Thanks.
If you google each country club individually, you'll find an online menu.
For instance if you key in Palmer Country Club, The Villages, you will get their website and their menu.
Same with Nancy Lopez Country Club, Glenview CC, and I assume the rest of them.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

If you go to golfthevillages.com, then click on each country club under championship golf, then restaurant on the right, you can get the menus. I prefer the restaurants that serve lobster---get it, BF
Old 12-14-2015, 10:07 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
This site might be of assistance to you:
The Villages Gourmet Club Restaurant Review Site
Yes, the club's huge website is a very good resource. Many restaurants change their menus seasonally and up their prices when the snowbirds come back. It's very hard to keep up with them. Even getting their menu online off their own site, you may find it was their summer menu still posted when prices were lower and business was slower.

I know one restaurant that opened this year had a dish that was popular and I liked it. Two weeks later, we went back for it, and it was $2 higher.

The Gourmet Club's site is a good indicator of the kind of food they offer and what their price range is. And the reviews are from Villagers in the club, not restaurant owners or competitors. I use it all the time.

Good luck.

Skip
Old 12-14-2015, 01:22 PM
Sage

This looks interesting.

Oyster Troff, 936 North Bay St., Eustis, FL. 357-9939. (Seafood) L/D. Open weekdays from 3-9 PM, Saturday from 11:30 AM and Sunday from Noon. Maine Lobster Tail ($15)
rated 14 out of 15 points
Old 12-14-2015, 02:23 PM

Thank you so much. Terrific website. Will definitely use.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:26 PM

Thank you
Closed Thread

Tags
menus, ratings, love, eat, decide, start, villages, clubs, listing, central, location, country, restaurants, copy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.