Fish Night

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim&Fran View Post
Ok now pull up a chair and take a deep breath. People say you are what you eat nd that roughly translates to what your food looks like on the plate I guess.
If you enjoy sloppy joes then maybe you look a little like what's in front of you.
I hope you get the idea...
Now be a little creative with sea food and visualize. I enjoy the Golden Corral.
They offer fried shrimp, scallops, fillet of fried or steamed fish, fried clam strips
with hot fries or any other side you prefer. Now here is where the creativity comes in. Don't try to overdo it and go hog wild. Prepare your dish in a balanced way. Take maybe 6 or so scrimp and a small spoon full of either clam strips or scallops, backed by a nice portion of steamy fries. I know the plates are a little small but if you keep to the plan you can satisfy your briny appetite.
Set your plate as you woul expect to see it served to you in a more upscale eatery. Hey, it's a fun way to have it your way, gee I think I heard that before.
Heck, if you want bring a small white table cloth and you won't even notice the Corral pros walking passed you with plates that look like Mt St Hellen.

Have fun........
You are right, of course, but man oh man do I have a hard time restraining myself at a buffet! I don't know what psychological problem I have, but I just feel I must get my moneys worth and eat until I am about to explode. Then I leave the place uncomfortable and swearing never to eat there again.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:42 AM

Bingo, right on. That holds true with any all you can eat joint. The upscale places that offer all you can eat with no buffet have it figured out. They serve you a nice plate which you devour quickly, then you have to wait to be asked if you want more. That second serving takes longer than expected and you feel as if your not being fair to everyone else who might not want more. So, who wins here? I would rather serve myself and be satisfied with my choices.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.