Flippers Pizzeria

Old 05-04-2023, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleid13 View Post
We have tried the pizza at about a dozen eateries nearby and so far, Flippers is our favorite. It's the closest in taste to the pizza we used to get when we lived on Long Island,.
Flippers is not bad. But, have you tried Piesano's in Lake Deaton Plaza? That is my favorite pizza so far. I like the ultra thin crust. My issue with most pizza places is that they use too much cheese and not enough sauce. Also, when they are not consistent with the recipe, I won't come back.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 05-04-2023 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-01-2023, 07:03 AM

Had a slice there spring 2023. Would go again.
Old 04-06-2024, 06:54 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I did like their salads............but last time I was there, people were feeding their dog at the table. Gross in my book (yes I love dogs, but). Yes management was aware. Not returning.
Have always had dogs, many breeds through the years, but have never been able to understand why some dog owners insist on eating with their pets. And I realize many can't understand why anyone would NOT understand wanting to take your pet with you to dinner, so ! ? I did not realize one of the popular breakfast places here encourages dinning with your dog. Went to meet a friend for breakfast, when I saw dogs sitting on the floor eating off plates I admit it bothered me, when I realized some people had their pooches on their laps eating from their table and being hand fed, I just couldn't eat, and I'm sure some people would find that ridiculous, but I just couldn't do it. We did drink our coffee, left most of the food, told the lady at the counter when we paid our bill, did not complain or fail to give waitress a tip, just asked if she knew what was going on. She replied, of course, the owners "encourage" dining with your dog. Nice for those who like it I guess, I've never been back, my husband didn't want to even try it after my experience, and the friend I met and her husband have never gone again, but they obviously are very popular. To each their own as they say !
Old 04-07-2024, 02:59 PM
Default Crust consistency

n to eat it?[/QUOTE]
st
Ive always ordered home delivery by phone and requested "crustier"crust and my request has never been granted but I continue ordering because they are good tasting plus the convenience of home delivery. I would definitely not like being there with dogs as much as I love canines. :
Old 04-07-2024, 06:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Love Flippers! So far we've only had takeout but every order has been on time, ready to go and hot when we picked it up. I'm no pizza connoisseur but it is as good or better than anything else we've found so far in TV. Add to that the fact that their Spanish Springs restaurant is pretty close to where we live and we've become more-or-less regular customers.

Haven't eaten in the restaurant (or at any of the sidewalk tables) but there's never a lack of customers at them. And yes...I've seen dogs with customers at the sidewalk tables. Not inside. Outside, doesn't bother me.
Old 04-08-2024, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I'll ask again:

Flippers: Do you still allow dogs to be fed from the table???
(Brownwood location)
Idea, call and ask them.
Old 04-08-2024, 07:42 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
Idea, call and ask them.
My idea was for them to "publish" their policy for all to know.

They are hiding.

Tags
brick, flippers, fresh, pizza, san

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.