Gators Dockside

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again
Default Gators Dockside

Gators Dockside opened up yesterday. Is is located across the street from the theater in Spanish Springs. We ate at the one in Gainsville a while back and it had a good menu. Anyone try it here yet?
Old 09-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Eternal Member

We went yesterday before going to the show at Savannah Center. Some of the servers & bartenders we new from other restaurants. The bar is beautiful.
We chatted with one of the owners. Very nice guy. For opening day he was giving away golf balls that had the Gator's Dockside logo. Food was very good. I had the southwestern egg rolls & hubby had the double hamburger with bacon & cheese. It had 2 - 1/2 patties. The menu is nice, the prices are very reasonable. Happy Hour 4 -7. Great happy hour prices !
The paper was there so they interviewed a few of us.
Make sure & go & try this one out. You won't be disappointed.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Dancing Thyme

Met one of the managers last night at karaoke and she said that tonight, I think between 9 and midnight, ladies get their drinks FREE!!! I know that's a little late for most peeps, but thought I would pass it along. I might be there although without music and I don't drink (much) what will I do???

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 09-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post

I might be there although without music and I don't drink (much) what will I do???
You could get the drink and sell it to a friend.

Could not pass that one as it was just toooooo easy. Wish I was there.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Dancing Thyme

Me too Hawk, hurry back. Tomorrow lunch won't be the same without you.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Old 09-17-2009, 08:56 PM
Sage

What was in that spot before Gators Dockside?
Old 09-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Veteran member

ATex-Mex Restaurant, can't remember the name.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Platinum member

It's located on the first floor of the old sales office.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Dancing Thyme

Amigo's
Tex/Mex Cantina
Prior to Gators Dockside.....

Old 09-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Eternal Member

If you saw the paper today, that was me, Bonnie Simpson, being interviewed and I meant every word I said.
I must say we went back again today. I had the Monte Cristo sandwich. It was really good. They fried it with a tempura batter. Hubby got the Cajun Chicken Alfredo. One of the best he has ever had. If you haven't gone yet, you need to go. It was packed tonight. Happy Hour 4 - 7. Great prices. They really needed another good restaurant on the other side. This one will not disappoint. We will be back again on Monday.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Platinum member

Tried it for lunch today... food was good and service was great. But $30 for an apetizer, plain burger, a salad and 3 beers is a little bit much! Probably won't go back until coupons or specials are offered. Other restaurants such as Beef-O-Brady's offer identical fare and quality of service for considerably less!
Old 09-19-2009, 05:46 AM
Banned
Default A Friend's Report on Gators Dockside

Quote:
Originally Posted by otherbruddaDarrell View Post
Gators Dockside opened up yesterday. Is is located across the street from the theater in Spanish Springs. We ate at the one in Gainsville a while back and it had a good menu. Anyone try it here yet?
Received the follow from an acquaintance. I have not been there myself and may not go after reading the following:

DO NOT GO THERE NOW. WAIT FOR JOAN TO GET BETTER THEN STILL THINK ABOUT NOT GOING THERE. IF YOU DO, TRY LUNCH. SUE AND I THOUGHT WE WOULD BEAT THE OPENING WEEK CROWD BY GOING THERE ABOUT 4:30 TODAY. WHILE WE BEAT MUCH OF THE RUSH; INSIDE AND "ALL" OF THE BIG BAR WERE ALREADY FULL. WE ATE OUTSIDE.

THE PROBLEM, WHICH FOOD AND GOOD SERVICE CAN'T FIX, IS THAT IT IS SO NOISY THAT CONVERSATION IS ALL BUT IMPOSSIBLE. THE PLACE IS WIDE OPEN AND EVERYONE IS SITTING IN TWO OPEN ROOMS WITH NO SOUND BARRIERS. ADD TO THIS THE MULTIPLE BIG SCREEN TVs AND YOU HAVE A GIANT TAILGATE PARTY WITH A MUNDANE MENU.

IF YOU WERE A LARGE CROWD, ALL GOING TO ROOT FOR THE SAME FOOTBALL TEAM AND DRINKING LOTS OF BEER--YOU WOULD HAVE A GOOD TIME. IF NOT, GO TO Chili's.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf79 View Post
THE PROBLEM, WHICH FOOD AND GOOD SERVICE CAN'T FIX, IS THAT IT IS SO NOISY THAT CONVERSATION IS ALL BUT IMPOSSIBLE. THE PLACE IS WIDE OPEN AND EVERYONE IS SITTING IN TWO OPEN ROOMS WITH NO SOUND BARRIERS. ADD TO THIS THE MULTIPLE BIG SCREEN TVs AND YOU HAVE A GIANT TAILGATE PARTY WITH A MUNDANE MENU.

IF YOU WERE A LARGE CROWD, ALL GOING TO ROOT FOR THE SAME FOOTBALL TEAM AND DRINKING LOTS OF BEER--YOU WOULD HAVE A GOOD TIME. IF NOT, GO TO Chili's.
They do promote themselves as a sports bar so it's not surprising that extended conversations will be difficult, especially during times when major sporting events are playing on all the tv screens. We're looking forward to checking it out as a new place to watch football.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:03 AM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again
Thumbs up

We will have to try it soon.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:30 PM

Usually we wait for new restaurants to settle prior to trying, however we did go to Gator's Dockside last evening. The wait to get in was 30 minutes and the wait for a waiter was about 20 minutes. We thought the food, prices and service, once she came, was very good and we will go back. As another poster stated the place is extremely loud and that would be my only complaint. I think it is because the ceilings are very high. It would be a hard place to carry on a conversation.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.