The Flying Biscuit has crashed!

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2021, 07:23 AM

I went there about 6 weeks ago and one of the waitress was clearing the table while pushing the cups and dishes into a large container and smashing them as a result. Then moments later started breaking dishes. No worker or manager said a word. Patrons just shook their heads in disbelief. As for the food, I won’t be going back.
Old 06-25-2021, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Who thought it was that hard to toast an English muffin. Learning new things every day
Not harder, just takes longer.
Old 06-25-2021, 07:51 AM

No Kathy I don’t know. There are numerous reasons why it’s difficult finding employees right now.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
Could be they recently hired inexperienced cooks because (like almost every other business in the country) they don't have enough employees. This post will probably get deleted if I say why that is but we all know the reason ...

kathy
Yes we know the reason, the people who work in service are finding better jobs, with better hours and pay and until those things are addressed, nothing happens. If you have lived in TV for years you would know that there are always staffing issues because we have overbuilt and the number of servers and cooks do not meet the demand. No new news here.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
Could be they recently hired inexperienced cooks because (like almost every other business in the country) they don't have enough employees. This post will probably get deleted if I say why that is but we all know the reason ...

kathy
What's the reason? Enlighten me (us).
Old 06-25-2021, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsport View Post
Yes we know the reason, the people who work in service are finding better jobs, with better hours and pay and until those things are addressed, nothing happens. If you have lived in TV for years you would know that there are always staffing issues because we have overbuilt and the number of servers and cooks do not meet the demand. No new news here.
I taught small children for decades. I know an "interesting pretend story" when I hear one.

People will not work when they are paid better not to.

People's jobs and success at them are based on many things.

We are all born valuable but we are not all born equal in abilities and skills.

Raising minimum wage raises prices for the entire economy. There are some things that cannot be fixed with National legislation or anything for that matter.

Is the OP a disgruntled worker? Is the OP the one who broke the dishes on purpose that I just read on this thread?

Can we ever really trust any anonymous post?
Old 06-25-2021, 08:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ View Post
I went with 2 friends for breakfast at The Flying Biscuit in Sumpter Landing on Monday June 21st. Here is the list of problems we encountered:
The Bacon was burnt and greasy worst I ever tasted could not eat it.
The over easy eggs were broken and overcooked.
One pancake was not brought out with the order and only came after the person was done eating.
After I asked for a well toasted English muffin it came barely toasted at all. Then when I showed it to the waitress and she agreed and I asked for another one well toasted after about 10 minutes she brought back another one that again was barely toasted and she said "they said this is the best they can do" This was the worst part and it was not the waitresses fault but the cooks need to go! SAVE YOUR MONEY! The Flying Biscuit has crashed landed!
So you're trying to put a restaurant out of business because you had one bad experience? Shame on you. Especially now when these places are having a hard time finding employees.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Me too. No issues ever. And unless food is totally inedible, I would never send it back! You never know whats going to be added to it upon return
That's right - you don't want to **** off the people handling your food. Ask Sheldon:

Sheldon Don't **** Off the People Who Handle Your Food - YouTube
And, I'm not wearing the damn mask.
Majority doesn't rule here. My body, my choice. Get over it.
Old 06-25-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsport View Post
It is well-known that villagers are lousy tippers, like the poster that proudly said he and his lady friend had hamburgers and drinks and left a $2 tip. Unbelievable! That's what is happening.
Old 06-25-2021, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAM+6 View Post
It is well-known that villagers are lousy tippers, like the poster that proudly said he and his lady friend had hamburgers and drinks and left a $2 tip. Unbelievable! That's what is happening.
Speak for yourself...

I tip like Ray Liotta in "Goodfellas"...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-25-2021, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes View Post
As they say if you want your eggs done a special way do them at home
If the cook cannot cook eggs in common way he should find another job.
Old 06-25-2021, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

While traveling from state to state, the restaurant business has issues everywhere. Many who were in low paying jobs, had 1.5 years to go online, either finish a degree, or get a new one.
Because some have not adapted to working from home, they might have retired early, opening up better paying jobs for those restaurant, and retail workers.
Our group of 8 has a Cracker Barrel down the street, from our facility. We either get takeout on long shifts, or stop in after work. The manager had only one cook yesterday, 2 wait staff, and 2 register staff. Wait time was 45 minutes to get a table, food from order to table close to an hour. All staff were newer to positions, manager had his work cut out for him.

It’s not just TV it’s every, town, city, in every state. So far from our travels, TV grocery, restaurants, and retail seem to be fairing much better than the other cities we have traveled to in the past year.
Old 06-25-2021, 10:22 AM

Please be patient with restaurants. They are having a particularly hard time getting workers. I went to Bob Evans recently and one of the servers was cooking. Another time the manager was cooking. Went to one of the smaller restaurants and his mother was washing dishes. Things are bad. Maybe after the federal money is gone it will be better. In the meantime, let’s be patient.
Old 06-25-2021, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAM+6 View Post
I keep hearing this and wonder if this is really true.
Old 06-25-2021, 12:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,606 Times in 943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
I keep hearing this and wonder if this is really true.
There are hundreds of thousands of Villagers - to make a blanket statement that all 100,000 are bad tippers is ignorant.
There are probably great tippers, typical tippers and terrible tippers.
Closed Thread

Tags
toasted, flying, biscuit, asked, worst

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.