Frankfurters and other named tube steaks..

Old 03-15-2024, 05:14 PM

Best dog I've ever had was in 1966 at Memorial Stadium with my Dad watching Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Boog Powell, and Jim Palmer in the World Series. Eskay natural casing dog. You can't get anything like that for many many years now. My local butcher had them until the economy killed Eskay and they bailed on Harm City.

I made a trek to Chicago to try the famous food. Hotdogs sucked

I made a trek to Coney Island. Loved the roller coaster and "Shoot the Freak" attraction on the boardwalk but.....Nathan's sucked

Maybe when you were kids and products were quality not quantity and profit

If anyone knows of storemade natural casing dogs around the villages please let me know for my grill. If I buy a dog out for lunch, it's a Costco $1.50 dog and soda. I have some Costco dogs in the fridge now but they are over spiced for me. they're more of a kielbasa. I'll cook with kraut. There really is no super good hotdogs available. It's hard to beat Ballpark beef Frank's or Oscar Meyer's as a supermarket purchase to fill the hotdogs void
Old 03-15-2024, 10:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,671 Times in 1,506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Just the tip...
Well! Imagine that. I'm kosher!😏😏😏
Old 03-17-2024, 03:53 AM
Default Weenies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
The Villages Florida
Whoa! Seeing that pic reminded me of listening to the book on tape of _A Confederacy of Dunces_! That narrator really *made* the experience. Hilarious.
Old 04-06-2024, 01:40 PM
Default America’s best tasting hot dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Akin to my ketchup thread, it is time to seriously discuss frankfurters…aka hot dogs, weiners etc.

There is absolutely no frank other than Nathans in Coney Island, Brooklyn that is worth eating. All others are ground pulp compared to Nathans.
After all, the famous hot dog eating contest is at Nathans!
Nothing better than standing out on surf avenue in coney island enjoying the only true American Hot Dog.

Now before you people from chicago chime in. Chicago style hot dogs are an disaster to the culinary world..who can taste the meat with a kitchen sink piled on it.

And lets not discuss something MidWesterners call “Coney Sauce”….there is no Coney Sauce in Coney Island

And lets not go anywhere saying that chili should be on a hot dog..at most, some mustard nd sauerkrut. You want to eat chili..eat it..leave it off a hot dog.

And New Jersey….ive seen them put cream cheese or mashed potatoes on hot dogs…another abomination to the human spirit.

Nathans is the only true hot dog….it must also be HALAL,
America’s best hot dog is by HUMMEL brothers meats, New Haven,CT.. natural casing… buy them in New England at Costco and when in Palm Beach Gardens,FL at Carmine’s store and restaurant.. and it has loyal followers in many States.. like Pepe’s Pizza of New Haven!

Tags
hot, coney, dog, nathans, island

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.