Frankfurters and other named tube steaks..

Old 03-13-2024, 04:25 AM

No baked beans are allowed on hotdogs in Boston. My two cents says Hebrew National are better than Nathan’s which taste like smoke and grease
Old 03-13-2024, 04:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Hot dogs are an abomination, food of the devil and should be banned, Kosher, Halal or Coney.
They even boil the disgusting things, for heaven’s sake
The ingredients seen to be a paste of unidentifiable source, much of which I am sure is waste from food bins, and veterinary surgeries.
There is only one item of culinary perfection that is worth eating, in a bread roll, and that is the Great British Banger.
Perfection in a roll or on a plate!
Yeah, I'm sure by your 'banger' is loaded with heart healthy ingredients
Old 03-13-2024, 04:53 AM

1. Oscar Meyers all beef cooked over campfire
2. Costco hotdog
Old 03-13-2024, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Akin to my ketchup thread, it is time to seriously discuss frankfurters…aka hot dogs, weiners etc.

There is absolutely no frank other than Nathans in Coney Island, Brooklyn that is worth eating. All others are ground pulp compared to Nathans.
After all, the famous hot dog eating contest is at Nathans!
Nothing better than standing out on surf avenue in coney island enjoying the only true American Hot Dog.

Now before you people from chicago chime in. Chicago style hot dogs are an disaster to the culinary world..who can taste the meat with a kitchen sink piled on it.

And lets not discuss something MidWesterners call “Coney Sauce”….there is no Coney Sauce in Coney Island

And lets not go anywhere saying that chili should be on a hot dog..at most, some mustard nd sauerkrut. You want to eat chili..eat it..leave it off a hot dog.

And New Jersey….ive seen them put cream cheese or mashed potatoes on hot dogs…another abomination to the human spirit.

Nathans is the only true hot dog….it must also be HALAL,
Nathans are Islamic hot dogs??? " no halal needed thanks
Old 03-13-2024, 05:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
You can get kosher dogs south of here, in Tampa, and West Palm and Boynton Beach, Boca Raton, Ft. Lauderdale, Deerfield Beach, all of that mess on the east coast. Lots of excellent Jewish delis and bagel shops to choose from. Lots of all kinds of local cultural foods from all different cultures. Unforunately, one thing that lacks in The Villages is diversity.
There was a thread that stated a new sports bar is coming to the south. Supposedly, it is going to serve a variety of dogs named after pro players. Maybe, you will get your wish. Kosher dogs are the best. I would rather have a thick and juicy burger.

Last edited by Randall55; 03-13-2024 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-13-2024, 05:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

OP Doesn’t Nathan’s make “coney” packaged in 1 or 5 pound packages, which can be bought at grocery such as Kroger, Meijer, Or shipped directly to your home?

So does Nathan’s make coney for only Midwestern people? Cause is also served in their establishments.

Then again National Coney dogs and coney can also be bought At Gordon’s.

Last edited by asianthree; 03-13-2024 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-13-2024, 05:22 AM
Default Hot dogs

Oscar Mayer with my homemade hotdog chili sauce.
Old 03-13-2024, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Akin to my ketchup thread, it is time to seriously discuss frankfurters…aka hot dogs, weiners etc.

There is absolutely no frank other than Nathans in Coney Island, Brooklyn that is worth eating. All others are ground pulp compared to Nathans.
Nothing better than standing out on surf avenue in coney island enjoying the only true American Hot Dog.

Now before you people from chicago chime in. Chicago style hot dogs are an disaster to the culinary world..who can taste the meat with a kitchen sink piled on it.

And lets not discuss something MidWesterners call “Coney Sauce”….there is no Coney Sauce in Coney Island

And lets not go anywhere saying that chili should be on a hot dog..at most, some mustard nd sauerkrut. You want to eat chili..eat it..leave it off a hot dog.

And New Jersey….ive seen them put cream cheese or mashed potatoes on hot dogs…another abomination to the human spirit.

Never thought I would rather see a dog s#$* post
Old 03-13-2024, 05:35 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:

Really? Do you know what the slang term “tube steak” means? It’s like a one-eyed trouser snake.
Old 03-13-2024, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
There was a thread that stated a new sports bar is coming to the south. Supposedly, it is going to serve a variety of dogs named after pro players. Maybe, you will get your wish. Kosher dogs are the best. I would rather have a thick and juicy burger.
lol we have the hotdog religious wars now.. one guy wants Islamic halal dogs and the others want the kosher version.. and Nathan’s is absolutely the worst hot dogs anyone has ever had in my opinion..
Old 03-13-2024, 06:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
Really? Do you know what the slang term “tube steak” means? It’s like a one-eyed trouser snake.
There goes the neighborhood
Old 03-13-2024, 06:36 AM

The true meaning of gross is biting into a hot dog and finding a vein.....
Old 03-13-2024, 06:38 AM

If you're ever in Clifton, NJ stop by the Hot Grill for "two all the way and Frenchies with gravy". Rutt's Hut should be your second stop.
Old 03-13-2024, 06:42 AM
Veteran member

Nathan's is the "True American Hot Dog"? I think not, since Nathan's is owned by Smithfield (the pork company) and Smithfield is a wholly owned CHINESE company. You know how the Chinese love their pork.
So no matter how good the Nathan's taste, I won't buy them. I like Sabrett's all beef hot dogs.
Old 03-13-2024, 06:52 AM

I respect your opinion having never been to Coney Island, however, I submit a Lucky Dog purchased from a filthy looking street vendor on Bourbon Street at 3am when you’re blasted out of your gourd should at least be a runner up.

Tags
hot, coney, dog, nathans, island

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.