Fried oysters dinner

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2023, 04:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Not at all fancy, but some of the best raw or fried oysters you can imagine. O’Shucks Oyster Bar, on the east side of 301 about 1/4 mile south of 44.

It’s a local bar, absolutely nothing fancy. But you can tell by the people waiting for a table that the food is great. Try it out by going to their Friday night fish fryl—a huge piece of fried haddock, French fries and some excellent homemade coleslaw. I used to order a dozen freshly shucked raw oysters as an “appetizer”. Ask what size you’d like. They don’t get New England oysters, mostly Louisiana, Texas and some from the eastern seaboard. I liked the smaller ones from Louisiana.

Your friends will be impressed. But try O’Shucks out yourself to make sure you impress them the way you ‘d like. The oysters and seafood are impressive, but the dive bar atmosphere, while noisy and lots of fun, is not exactly fine dining.

Try Pecks Old Port Cove in Crystal River. 139 Ozello Trail. About 1 1/2 hours
west of TV. You'll be dining close to the water that they grow their Oysters, My favorite on the menu though is almond crusted grouper.
Old 06-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,915 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike234 View Post
it is with great disappointment that I announce to you the the seafood in florida is disgusting...
now, now, no need to get NE (New England or North East) seafood snooty about it. . .

and its not that I disagree with you, we just can't type that in public! did your parents not educate you on your inside typing?

if you know seafood from new england, you have either dug the clams or caught the fish yourself, or prepped and cooked it yourself. . .

I have read that a NE seafood snob has the following characteristics:

sand free steamers and steamed lobsters are the only way to be served.
Fresh caught tuna that day from Chatham or Gloucester fish pier is heaven on earth, with freshly prepared wasabi . .. .
pan seared / lightly grilled scallops and fresh cod, striper or sword broiled / grilled is one half step below tuna. .

Raw quahogs and oysters are cold and slimy, but the only method for delivery. ..

mussels are lower class as is frying any seafood

I will have to find that link again. .

seafood guy
Old 06-29-2023, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
now, now, no need to get NE (New England or North East) seafood snooty about it. . .

and its not that I disagree with you, we just can't type that in public! did your parents not educate you on your inside typing?

if you know seafood from new england, you have either dug the clams or caught the fish yourself, or prepped and cooked it yourself. . .

I have read that a NE seafood snob has the following characteristics:

sand free steamers and steamed lobsters are the only way to be served.
Fresh caught tuna that day from Chatham or Gloucester fish pier is heaven on earth, with freshly prepared wasabi . .. .
pan seared / lightly grilled scallops and fresh cod, striper or sword broiled / grilled is one half step below tuna. .

Raw quahogs and oysters are cold and slimy, but the only method for delivery. ..

mussels are lower class as is frying any seafood

I will have to find that link again. .

seafood guy
One more day until retirement, right?

We just made 48 stuffed quahogs (it's a southeastern Mass/RI thing) and froze them. Will be bringing them down in the heavy duty cooler when we go back in the fall. Our friends in the Villages from other parts of the country loved them.
Closed Thread

Tags
fried, dinner, oysters, recommend, places

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.