Gandolfo's Deli opening up in Southern Trace Shopping Center.

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
At Katz's Deli on Houston Street:
Pastrami Club, a Knish, and a Dr. Browns Black Cherry Soda!!
Pardon my ignorance - where's Houston St?

(hate to ask what a Knish is; have heard of it but never saw it on a menu)(maybe I should just google it) Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knish

Knish doesn't look that great to me! However, the Black Berry Soda does! (sort of like a Dr Pepper)

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 09-30-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
At Katz's Deli on Houston Street:
Pastrami Club, a Knish, and a Dr. Browns Black Cherry Soda!!
That is in New York City's Manhattan.

http://www.katzdeli.com/
Old 09-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Pardon my ignorance - where's Houston St?

(hate to ask what a Knish is; have heard of it but never saw it on a menu)(maybe I should just google it) Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knish

Knish doesn't look that great to me! However, the Black Berry Soda does! (sort of like a Dr Pepper)

Lower Manhattan. Pronounced Howstan, never like the city in Texas.
A knish with mustard and a soda from a sidewalk vendor used to be a very common lunch for me on busy work day.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Sage

Stephen:

It's nice to see that someone is good at customer service in knowing what needs to be corrected and run a business. It is good you corrected this situation immediately.

My father and mother was in the "luncheonette" business in the fifty's and sixty's. My mother was famous, (at least in our neighborhhod), for making great meatball wedges. My mother complained to my father that she could not make the wedge for 50 cents and she needed to make the wedge smaller. My father reply was, "don't cut back on what you give to people, we need to charge another nickel". They won't come back. In another words, don't nickle and dime people, they are not stupid and will notice the difference. He found that to be very true.
Prices sure have changed!

Good Job, Stephen.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Veteran member

I tried Gandolfo's this evening. Had the I 'heart' New York - pastrami and corned beef. It was great! I liked it more than the comparable Too Jays sandwich. The sour cream potato salad is first rate. If you go there, be aware that the servings are generous.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:11 AM

Thank you all for giving us a try. We appreciate the business so much. If you go and have any bad experience, please feel free to let us know. We can only correct those situations that we are aware of. The Villages support thus far has been outstanding and it is our pleasure to be a part of the community. "One Bite And You're There"!
Stephen
Old 11-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Taltarzac
Default We tried Gandolfo's last night for take-out.

My meatball hero sandwich was huge and quite good. The other people also liked their sandwiches.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Default Won't make it.

As good as the simple chicken salad sandwich was...no pickle, no chips, no drink...no coupons, it was $8.00. I hope it makes it, and the NY people can get their deli items here that aren't offered elsewhere, but....the cost of the sandwiches say NO. Sorry, but I am afraid another business will "bite the dust."
Old 11-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferling View Post
As good as the simple chicken salad sandwich was...no pickle, no chips, no drink...no coupons, it was $8.00. I hope it makes it, and the NY people can get their deli items here that aren't offered elsewhere, but....the cost of the sandwiches say NO. Sorry, but I am afraid another business will "bite the dust."
From the size of the meatball sandwich I had a few weeks ago you would have to order two sandwiches at other places to equal the heft of the food you get at Gandolfo's.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferling View Post
I cheerfully pay $8 for a good Deli Sandwich.....

They can keep the pickle and chips. If it's piled high and the bread is good....ahh, what else do you need.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Platinum member

Three of us tried Gandolfo's on Wed for lunch. The pastrami was excellent but from either sitting in water or from the steam table, it was soaking wet which in turn soaked the hoagie roll. You could not ask for more meat on the sandwich. Our only observation was the roll could have been better. Both Quiznos and Subway have discovered that the bread makes their sandwich If Gandolfo's could find better rolls, they'd have a lock on a really good sandwich. Not complaining, just an observation.

George
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.