GLENVIEW: horrible. a disastrous night

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I cannot believe that any group would arrive at 6:15 and sit around without food until 8:15 if they had an 8:30 show. Was no one keeping tabs on the time or was there just too much pre-dinner imbibing going on? The sentence in the OP's post of " It would've cost him pennies to at least comp our drinks!" leads me to think that might have been the case.

In law practice, it is always asked, "What would a reasonable and prudent person do in a given situation?" The reasonable and prudent person would not sit there until 8PM before asking a manager.
Wow! Someone got up on the cranky side of the bed. FYI, for eight of us there was a total of 3 glasses of wine, two mixed drinks and soda. Not exactly what this prudent and reasonable person thinks is too much imbibing. Also, waiting to speak to a manager, does not mean we were not keeping tabs on the time. We had spoken to the waitress several times.
Also, in law practice one is innocent until proven guilty. And one should base opinions on facts and not have preconceived notions of others.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:39 PM

I've had unacceptable experiences at Glenview as well. I had no response to an email to the manager. I do my best not to frequent restaurants where my business is not appreciated. One of the few negatives for me in TV.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Default GLENVIEW...Having worked in the hospitality business

I was dunmbfounded by the number of people who are so bent on getting something for nothing. You know the ones I am talking about. They are generally louder than most other folks in the room, insist upon telling the managemnt and staff how to do their job and when they order their food expect to have it served as if the place would go bust without their most generous; albiet demanding presesnce. You were warned by the waitress,
she just was not able to tell you what you wanted to hear.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by damily View Post
Eight of us went to Glenview for dinner before a show at savannah this week. We arrived at 6:15 for dinner before a 8:30 show. We were seated at 6:50. After telling the waitress that we had a time constraint she told us the cook was running behind. At 7:55 we were still waiting for our dinners and asked the manager to check on our orders. He told us they were running behind and turned to leave. Our dinners were delivered at 8:15!!!! We were eating, paying the bill, having desserts to go and not happy. But the worst part is the callousness and inability of the manager to even care what we thought! He told us the waitress never informed him of our dilemma. Lie: we told him directly. Why blame the waitress? The next day we called to speak to the manager. Wait for this! He told us it was not his problem but ours! We should have planned better! I'm sorry but 2-1/4 hours for dinner should be enough time. He then told us that we should not go there unless we were a group of four! Believe that? That advice from the manager! Instead of garnering business he was turning it away! he should've simply said sorry, please come back and we will make it right; he lost eight return customers for life! It would've cost him pennies to at least comp our drinks! We have a choice where we eat here in The Villages! We will never go back to Glenview and wanted all of you to know about our experience.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndominesey View Post
I was dunmbfounded by the number of people who are so bent on getting something for nothing. You know the ones I am talking about. They are generally louder than most other folks in the room, insist upon telling the managemnt and staff how to do their job and when they order their food expect to have it served as if the place would go bust without their most generous; albiet demanding presesnce. You were warned by the waitress,
she just was not able to tell you what you wanted to hear.:
We were there that same night,we were a party of five and waitied about 15 minutes for a table (arrived @6:05). When we were seated our lovely waitress Marina, was told that we had time constraints and all went well. It was the first time I had been to Glenview and I would rate it a very pleasant experience.

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 10-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleevee View Post
We were there that same night,we were a party of five and waitied about 15 minutes for a table (arrived @6:05). When we were seated our lovely waitress Marina, was told that we had time constraints and all went well. It was the first time I had been to Glenview and I would rate it a very pleasant experience.
PS We were finished with dinner @ 7:45, our show too was 8:30

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 10-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleevee View Post
PS We were finished with dinner @ 7:45, our show too was 8:30
You definitely sound like us. We always are SUPER EARLY.....this way, no rushing through what should be a leisurely dinner or whatnot.

I always make reservations , keeping in mind what we have to attend afterwards and the time it takes to drive there, get into the theatre or whatever, etc. I also call back and remind the restaurant of our time.
Even when we are in a very large group, such as the entire family eating out.

So far it has worked in almost 50 years of marriage.

In other words, we allow even more time than one would think we need.
I'd prefer to be early to the theatre, without rushing or frustration.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.