Glenview Monday Steak Night

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2023, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts
Default Glenview Monday Steak Night

So company coming and they noticed the advertisement for Glenview steak night for $29.95. I am guessing it’s buffet. Has anyone had steak night, don’t care about other nights or regular menu food.

We always went to Glenview for Saturday and Sunday brunch, food was excellent, prime rib was rare to mid, fresh shrimp. .but two months ago brunch, was probably some of the worst food we’ve ever had in TV. Looked like it was leftover, rolled ham, prime like shoe leather. It’s the slow season but no excuse for poor quality food.

Manager didn’t think there was a problem, when I showed him photos of past brunches we attended, no comment just walked away.

I hate taking company to steak night and have a repeat of Sunday brunch. They eat at buffets all the time, for us it’s a waste one and done plate.

But it’s company, and their request
Old 08-29-2023, 10:19 AM

I'd suggest Lopez instead,
Old 08-29-2023, 11:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hape2Bhr View Post
I'd suggest Lopez instead,
Not what my post is about…. .they specifically want to go to Glenview, am looking for someone who had attended Steak night, in the last month or so
Old 08-29-2023, 11:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Longhorn, Outback or Texas Roadhouse
Old 08-29-2023, 12:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
Longhorn, Outback or Texas Roadhouse
Again not what my post is about. I would rather go to Ocala for steak, but they want to go to Glenview. If I get positive or negative feedback from personal experience at “Glenview Steak Night”, that would be the answer I am looking for
Old 08-30-2023, 06:18 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

My golf buddies did steak night several months ago. I don't eat steak, but they really enjoyed the meal. My fish and chips was good.
Old 08-30-2023, 06:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
My golf buddies did steak night several months ago. I don't eat steak, but they really enjoyed the meal. My fish and chips was good.
Thanks for answering my questions. I really want to take them elsewhere, but they love the view, and hate for them to be disappointed
Old 08-30-2023, 06:48 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Glenview, another place with condensation dripping down from the ceiling ac vents.
Old 08-30-2023, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Again not what my post is about. I would rather go to Ocala for steak, but they want to go to Glenview. If I get positive or negative feedback from personal experience at “Glenview Steak Night”, that would be the answer I am looking for
I don’t know why you are asking for advice when in fact your original post apparently answered your question. I know that if I had personally talked to the manager about an issue, and he walked away from me, that would be the last time that I would ever visit that establishment.
Old 08-30-2023, 07:14 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
So company coming and they noticed the advertisement for Glenview steak night for $29.95. I am guessing it’s buffet. Has anyone had steak night, don’t care about other nights or regular menu food.

We always went to Glenview for Saturday and Sunday brunch, food was excellent, prime rib was rare to mid, fresh shrimp. .but two months ago brunch, was probably some of the worst food we’ve ever had in TV. Looked like it was leftover, rolled ham, prime like shoe leather. It’s the slow season but no excuse for poor quality food.

Manager didn’t think there was a problem, when I showed him photos of past brunches we attended, no comment just walked away.

I hate taking company to steak night and have a repeat of Sunday brunch. They eat at buffets all the time, for us it’s a waste one and done plate.

But it’s company, and their request
Went to Glenview last Friday night and had a coupon for an all u can eat fish. Per waitress if was no longer in affect. Not an all u can eat but portion was more than adequate and I am not a small person. Food was good and I could not complain.
Old 08-31-2023, 05:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevinator View Post
I don’t know why you are asking for advice when in fact your original post apparently answered your question. I know that if I had personally talked to the manager about an issue, and he walked away from me, that would be the last time that I would ever visit that establishment.
Not really my post was how disappointing the Sunday brunch was. Steak night is not Sunday brunch.

Had 3 pm who went to Monday night steak night. The Prime was rare to mid, steaks were mid to as I would describe dead. Sides were the normal fare.

Far and above better than Sunday Brunch has been. The downfall staff seems sparse, and didn’t see the friendly chat up management roving the room. We had zero problems with dripping AC as other have had.
Would we do it again, probably not. Not that the beef wasn’t good, just don’t eat that much food.

So if one posts and ask a specific question, thrown out the useless posts, one will eventually get an honest answer

Thanks everyone, will take them to Glenview as they have requested.
Old 09-02-2023, 01:01 PM
Veteran member

Seems to me the folks answering with other suggestions were trying to tell you that it is better to go elsewhere. You shouldn't be condescending to them for trying to answer. I totally get that you want to know if the steak night is horrible or if it will be okay. But when people try to help there's no need to trash them.
Old 09-02-2023, 01:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
Seems to me the folks answering with other suggestions were trying to tell you that it is better to go elsewhere. You shouldn't be condescending to them for trying to answer. I totally get that you want to know if the steak night is horrible or if it will be okay. But when people try to help there's no need to trash them.
Actually OP asked specifically just for Glenview didn't need other ideas.. Looks like OP have lived here for multiple years
Old 09-02-2023, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Actually OP asked specifically just for Glenview didn't need other ideas.. Looks like OP have lived here for multiple years
Then I think the OP should go elsewhere for advice that he doesn't even seem to really need, based on his comments. Pretty rude replies to his/her narrowly focused inquiry. America's Grumpiest Hometown.
Old 09-02-2023, 10:13 PM

I think the OP should tell his guests that Glenview has changed; tell them he tried to tell the head guy and all he did was walk away. There’s far better restaurants.
Closed Thread

Tags
food, steak, night, it’s, brunch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.