Gleview Resturant ... Take It Or Leave It Attitude

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Default Gleview Resturant ... Take It Or Leave It Attitude

After eating at Glenview 2 times in the last 2 weeks we were appauled with the managements lack of concern for their patrons.

More than 1/2 of all our meals delivered to our table were not cooked the way it was ordered and uncooked for the most part.

The manangement after discussing had the attitude as of take it or leave it!

What would you do if this happened to your party?
Old 01-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
After eating at Glenview 2 times in the last 2 weeks we were appalled with the managements lack of concern for their patrons.

More than 1/2 of all our meals delivered to our table were not cooked the way it was ordered and uncooked for the most part.

The management after discussing had the attitude as of take it or leave it!

I wouldn't go there again, unless I had asked for something very unusual that was difficult to do. Sometimes steaks are tricky to get just right in doneness...but the best thing you can do is send them a written note, it will go to the owners and tell them when this happened and why you are leaving them.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:57 AM

3 of my golfing friends and I went to Glenview after golf last Tuesday and the staff wouldn't seat us anywhere but the bar area (which was full) because we wanted drinks and snacks - not a full course dinner. The dining room itself was empty at 4:30. They could have made at least $40 but since we left, they won't be making anything from us from now on.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Default Glenview reviewed

Quote:
After eating at Glenview 2 times in the last 2 weeks we were appauled with the managements lack of concern for their patrons.

the Reviews look decent, among the higher ones in TV

http://thevillagesgourmetclub.home.c...lub/page1.html
Ruby Tuesday gets high marks too, a favorite of ours and a place that offers some healthier choices according to Nutrition Action News from the Center for Science in the Public Interest

Buon appetito

L&L
Old 01-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Glenview is my second favorite club to go to for Sunday brunch or for dinner. Nancy Lopez is the favorite.

I have always asked for seating by a window with a golf course view at Glenview and have always had it. The waitstaff is excellent and attentive without being overbearing. The food has been served hot and always has been cooked exactly as we ordered.

Try the Sunday brunch. The sweet potato pancakes with candied pecans and served with maple syrup were out of the world delicious. The syrup had an extra kick with a dash of horseradish added to it. Sounds strange but is great.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnpeg View Post
3 of my golfing friends and I went to Glenview after golf last Tuesday and the staff wouldn't seat us anywhere but the bar area (which was full) because we wanted drinks and snacks - not a full course dinner. The dining room itself was empty at 4:30. They could have made at least $40 but since we left, they won't be making anything from us from now on.
Bar has always been for snacks/drinks and Dining Room for full service meals. The exception is if Dining Room full, Dinner menu available in bar.

By 5:00 you would have noticed the dining room filling up (but of course you left). Incidentally we covered your $40. and then some (8 of us). We go several times per week. Sometimes they have hiccups (food or service) but generally good and we enjoy the surroundings and food.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:24 PM

Tbugs, I second your opinion about Glenview CC Sunday Brunch--- its fantastic!!! When seated at a table overlooking the golf course, my wife and I always joke about how lucky we are to be here in TV enjoying the "country club lifestyle". Where we're from, only the affluent few enjoy such surroundings--- and those clubs are "stuffy".
The Reuben Sandwich at Nancy Lopez is the BEST!!!!
Old 01-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Had lunch after golf today. Great service, great food....one of the best in The Villages!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Sage

Glenview is one of our favorites too. So far, food always delicious and just as we order it. Service consistently friendly and excellent. Can't blame you for being upset though, Geobar.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Veteran member

We like Glenview! Some great specials and nice atmosphere
Old 01-07-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominick View Post
Tbugs, I second your opinion about Glenview CC Sunday Brunch--- its fantastic!!! When seated at a table overlooking the golf course, my wife and I always joke about how lucky we are to be here in TV enjoying the "country club lifestyle". Where we're from, only the affluent few enjoy such surroundings--- and those clubs are "stuffy".
The place is starting to sound better with the later postings here, living up to the high marks in the on-line reviews.

Reminds us of the time years ago when our store got a 'nastygram' posting on a forum.
The outpouring of support and ensuing accolades started flowing out so frequently after that someone thought it was a scheme to gain publicity.

The original complainer then came on after a few days to admit his mistake and that he failed to look in the right place for his order and our notes.

Sometimes such a negative posting might be followed by a knee-jerk lynchmob mentality and other times the follow ups can be quite positive.

We avoided an RV dealer for years based upon a 'friend's" say so. The place turned out to be great.

So the moral might be that it could be as much the reviewer as the reviewed.

Bon Appetit

L&L
Old 01-30-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryandlinda View Post
The place is starting to sound better with the later postings here, living up to the high marks in the on-line reviews.

Reminds us of the time years ago when our store got a 'nastygram' posting on a forum.
The outpouring of support and ensuing accolades started flowing out so frequently after that someone thought it was a scheme to gain publicity.

The original complainer then came on after a few days to admit his mistake and that he failed to look in the right place for his order and our notes.

Sometimes such a negative posting might be followed by a knee-jerk lynchmob mentality and other times the follow ups can be quite positive.

We avoided an RV dealer for years based upon a 'friend's" say so. The place turned out to be great.

So the moral might be that it could be as much the reviewer as the reviewed.

Bon Appetit

L&L
Very nicely put L&L... It ought do great things for the business' in the community should readers remember the above moral in reference to ANY negative posting in this forum.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominick View Post
Speaking of Reuben Sandwiches, my very first meal at one of TV Country Club restaurants was at Arnold Palmer. It was an open faced Reuben. I do believe, it was that lunch that sold me on TV. Just joking but, my goodness, that Reuben was fantastic!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Platinum member

Our golf group went to Glenview on Friday. The hostess should be replaced. First she would not seat all 16 at one time. She said it would overwhelm the server.(We have sat together many time after golf at Glenview) After splitting us up, I was in the last group. I told her that I was the last group of the 16. She asked if everyone was there. Three of us were standing there and the forth was washing his hands. She said " when he's finished and he's present then I'll seat you". We left. Their hospitality has been great, but I hear more and more folks leaving because of the hostess's attitude.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:00 AM
Default Glemview CC

I eat there every time I come down from NY and can't wait to be a full time resident of TV. My favorite rstaurant is the Glenview CC. They are always crowded but the food is superb. The waitresses and waiters provide a service that is great. I am a very fussy eater and they have always accomodated my needs if possible. A few weeks ago I arrived on St. Valentines day from NY I went right to the restaurant to find out that I needed a reservation. I told them that they don't take reservations, but they said that we did on holidays. I told them I was disappointed and they said to me, let me see what I can do. One of the waiters who has been our waiter before said he would take an extra table and waited on us. He was fantastic and the food was delectible. I saw a guest give him a hard time because the bus girl brought out the orders and switched them with 2 people. This man made a spectale of himself and he looked like a fool to the other patrons. I felt sorry for the waiter who did not deserve that verbal lashing. He was very good to my wife and I and our food was perfect as usual. A little pricey for the holday, but they make up for it with the daily specials at other times.
I highly recommend them.
Greg
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.